Multiple Spells based off of Passive ability?

ChaosWarlock

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any issues with a hero having multiple spells based off of a passive ability like Critical Strike or War Drums?

Magoiche

Reaction score
If i am right war drums give a aura right?
If so it wont stack.

About the critical it don't stack either.
Its just add up.

Like:

You have two 15% to do 2 times damage

Its not 30%. You have to do some percentage calculation. x.x

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Auras similar ability can stack if they're based off different buffs.

Critical Strike percentage stacks, but I'm not sure about the calculation thing. However, the damage will never stack. Even both values pop up simultaneously, only one damage will be chosen. Evasion, however, doesn't stack.

Also, if you're going to use these spells just for the sake of some triggered passive abilities, in which the original spell has no effect, then it's fine even though a single unit has more than one ability of same origin (ie you can have 2 different sets of Critical Strike on a single unit). Passive abilities don't have order, and so won't mess up on single unit.

Immolation

Reaction score
Critical Strike percentage stacks, but I'm not sure about the calculation thing. However, the damage will never stack. Even both values pop up simultaneously, only one damage will be chosen.

Wrong. If you have 2 critical strikes with 15% chance, it will calculate 2 times 15% not 30% or such.

If those 2 criticals have one 2x damage and the other one 3x the result is the following(base damage=100):

2x Critical: 200
3x Critical: 300
Both Criticals: 600
2x3=6x

Howerer, even if the game displays the numbers, the isn't exactly right :p

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> Wrong. If you have 2 critical strikes with 15% chance, it will calculate 2 times 15% not 30% or such.

Which means it stacks?
Me said:
Critical Strike percentage stacks, but I'm not sure about the calculation thing.

Damage doesn't stack. Even though both values show but the damage comes from only one source.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Damage doesn't stack. Even though both values show but the damage comes from only one source.

This would be the correct info.

The calculation on the other hand, unless I remember wrong, is something like the following:

1 - ((1 - x[1]) * (1 - x[2]) * (1 - x[n]))

Where x is the chance to crit, and the index is one for each critical ability on a unit.

So for example, 2 items with 30% critical chance:

1 - ((1 - 0.30) * (1 - 0.30)) = 0.51 = 51% chance to critical strike.

N

night walker

help is needed

my trigeerrs on world editor have a red cross put through it once it is saved an it counts as not enabled if any one can help a real noob like me plz dont hesitate 2 reply tank u vey much :banghead: night walker

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Don't steal threads everywhere, just post a new thread and we will help you, oh it's red crossed because it's glitched or something eg, variables are missing or such, post your trigger and I will try to help.

ChaosWarlock

Reaction score
so back to my original question...

If I give a hero multiple spells based of of evasion with a 0% chance to evade will run into any issues?

P.S. I plan on triggering the abilities that I need.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.