Multiple Tree Spells

Denegoth

Reaction score
According to what I've found by searching, you can only use Eat Tree and Sentinel as a cast on tree spell, but Eat Tree causes problems (according to the same thing). For Woodcutting in my map, I require two spells. One to check the type of tree, and the other to chop the tree. Could someone help me out with this?

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
You could trigger it.
You could make the tree into a unit and for the tree check have the condition
(freehanding this btw so it might be off a little)
Trigger:
  • unit type of triggering unit equal to *your tree*

I'm not to sure.... But it's a start :)

Denegoth

Reaction score
Replacing all the trees with units would take a loooong time, though I have found a temporary solution, but it seems quite ugly. If I check Art - Selectable In Game, then I can use Channel on the trees, but it seems quite ugly to have them all selectable.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Ok, sorry I couldn't help ):

I'm not sure.... But is there a condition that checks the destructable?

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I think it is possible to make it only hit one tree, or maybe make the AOE small :p

or you could use a different ability all together and set the spell so it only can target trees.

Sorry if I'm not being very helpful...

Reaction score
I don't believe you need a Tree-specific spell for this.

Just base your trigger on any point spell, and find the destructable closer to the point being cast. Be sure to set a max range.

Also, if you want to see the yellow circle when the order is given, you may trigger that as well.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
i dont see the problem with using sentinel to check the tree and then eat tree to chop down the tree, what is the problem?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.