My Idea =]

A

ApocRhino

post it on epicwar.com and i can hoast it over bnet for u to

A

ApocRhino

now what do you have to do in this whole thing, are you on the NE side or Demonic side and are you defending against players or creeps? i got ocnfused, btw the terrain is nice and i like it except, what are the goblin mines for?

K

KinkerTinker

Lol wow i use more complex triggers than this and im only close to finishing my Rifleman Warz 1.0a map in 1 whole night and the rest of today [going to bed tonight finally]

1.It would allow more freedome if u could select race.
2.Dont worry about map stealing..Unless your giving out the same map unprotected like 20 times..Trusted people are on here! Thats what this site was made for..damn made sentance to long :eek:
3.Screenshots of terrain would be nice so we can get your basic layout and maybe spice it up. goto www.imageshack.net or .com whatever and import your screenshot use one of the links copy and paste onto a post and wala picture Use the second screenshot code i think for thumbnail veiw so u can see without clicking..

Now...goto my map not tinker chaos but Riflemen Warz 1.0a and tell me what u think on the last post i made..

LOL I WRITE MY POSTS IN THE NOTEPAD!!! :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

-Kinkertinker

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
now what do you have to do in this whole thing, are you on the NE side or Demonic side and are you defending against players or creeps? i got ocnfused, btw the terrain is nice and i like it except, what are the goblin mines for?

Okay first off you are defendign from demonic hordes that come from the top of the map (demonic portals) down to destroy your base. You will be defending again spawns much like in a TD, and you will be able to make towers (which I will make invulnerable adn sellable) but there will be only certain areas you can build (so as no one blocks). Thank you for the compliments on the terrain however i do have one issue. I did a quick test to try out a new custom building of mine and (i am saying this for people who haven't seen my map) there is a huge line of water which i amde and there r bridges. I can't get my units to cross the bridge >.< this i need help with or esle the game is screwed lol. and in final answer to your question the goblin mines are sort of a last defence in case someone sucks and leaks uber badly on spawns 1-5 :p

K

KinkerTinker

Screenshot? <3

I might be able to help you on the terrain / triggers / units

Demonwrath

Reaction score
Okay Here are the screenies...

In this screenie you can see your area. Now the bridge up by the waterway is bugging me b/c I can't get units to go over it. :banghead: As you can see there ar goblin land mines in between the ressurection stones and I put those there for two reasons:
1. if a player sucks they cna be a good defence against at least level 1 adn level 2 spawns
2. they are good decor :p

In this screenie it is a pic of the lanes, which as it says I am still finishing. In the end they will have at least 3-4 gates on them which the players can open with -open/-close commands. Also I will be edittind the groudn so that you cna only build on certain spots

Now in here you can see the spawn area which is full of demon portals, once I get the spawns up and running each portal will deposit between 5 adn 10 units per level. I still haven't decide which :p

So there are your basic screenies for my map right now. I will send more when I get more into the game. Oh adn btw can someone tell how to make it so that my tower (the base) can be the startign poitn adn when i start the game i dont get started with a stupid town hall of great hall hall or tree of life, etc.???

K

KinkerTinker

Read some of the lake tutorials you must water the ground deep/shallow or whatever THEN RISE IT and then use your lower terrain tool [not the middle section the bottem section lower tool were smoothing and stuff is] and lower the ground you will start to see water ive did that in my maps also works for making islands/shorelines "dont use blizzard cliffs!" just rise it high enough you want the cliff to be and *PLATO* it. :p

Wow...this post wasent in readme

-KinkerTinker

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
lol

Well your bridges seem to be set to low, the terrains should flow into each other, or youncan turn (what is it) "Pathing Ground" on and se, if its purple where units walk up and down on the bridge its either set to high or low.

Hope that solves the bridge issue, it you cant make that "type" of bridge go as far up, use a longer one. or put some hight in the terrain right bellow the bridge, it wont show, but it make the bridge higher!

Demonwrath

Reaction score
Well thorugh a bunch of edittign I got the bridges all fixed up however the map does look different now :p

Screenies to be coming soon

Demonwrath

Reaction score
Okay now I have a different issue.

Since I have finished up my terraina dn such I am beginning production on the custom buildings, units and heroes. Well I fugred the heros woudl be the hardest so I started with them. I am currently doign my Ancient of the Seas adn I used the evil Illidan as a basic model because he can walk on water. Then I changed the model to a water elemental and gave it the submerge ability (after i tweeked it a little so as it can be used). Now here is the problem. After my unit submerges, it does not allow for it to unsubmerge, or resurface. Can anyoen help me here?

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Look to see if there is a surface ability, as well. Probably not though. No idea otherwise.

K

KinkerTinker

Be sure to do a backup..that might crash the game because i think they have a submerge ANIMATION to go along with it that might be number 1 and number 2 theres probbly a second way to it number 3 look for the buffs/effects or did [ note : never manipulated that spell so im guessing ] u select a resubmerge unit? if there is.. do the elemental :)

-KinkerTinker

Demonwrath

Reaction score
*sigh* u kno I have tried everything yet it's not workign. Oh well, i'll work on the other stuff and coem back to this later. The map is coming along good btw. Wehn it's doen i'm gonan need beta testers. reserve your seat now it's a 5 player game only lol.

A

ApocRhino

me lol jk, ill see what ideas i can come up with for you if tell me what kind you need

Demonwrath

Reaction score
Well I pretty much got the Ancient of the seas worked out with all it's abilities and such. I also have a small idea for Ancient of the Earth so those two you need not worry about. However if you have any concept ideas for Ancient of the Woods (don't say Treant, or Ent, or w/e '=_=) or Ancient of the Skies then that woudl be helpful. By the time I am done makign this game everyoen who has read this thread will be a pro at it lmao.

A

ApocRhino

how bout for ancient of wods you could use a nightelf bm model with brown and bark textured skin?

Demonwrath

Reaction score
Well I don't wanna use custom skins. I'm too lazy for that. lol
But I liek the idea. However nothing comign to mind for the sky one? :p

I

IndianSummer

Just noticed I could help with the heroe abilities if you need help at the moment, I love it to play around with skills and triggers :D
uhm yeah, and some simple triggers I could help with :rolleyes:
but my terraining skill kind of sucks :(

Edit : You can chat with me on ICQ if ya want, I'm sure I'll think "wtf whats up" because my memory is kind of messed up atm, but lol, just do it or post here back :p

Demonwrath

Reaction score
LOl thanks. as I said when I need help I'll ask lol
right now I jstu ned ideas

A

ApocRhino

how bout for ancient fo skies you do a crow form model of the mage medivh and give him ability to morph back and forth.
o and for the ancient of woods...i could import the model for you if you want.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.