My map went bad help!!

Exogenesis

Reaction score
I've been working on this map for a week so far and put so much time into it.
I've recently just downloaded a spellpack and exported the triggers. But when I went to open my map it had an error saying that my triggers were missing and invalid. Right now I'm freaking out cause I've worked so hard building this map....
PLEASE HELP!

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
try opening the map with jass (can read the triggers better and sometimes even when the editor crashes, downloadable in the jass section of the WE area) or an older version of the editor or downloading a map optimizer, possibly even a different editor

Exogenesis

Reaction score
try opening the map with jass (can read the triggers better and sometimes even when the editor crashes, downloadable in the jass section of the WE area) or an older version of the editor or downloading a map optimizer, possibly even a different editor

How do I open it with jass? Do you have any suggestions on what editor I should get?

GFreak45

Reaction score
click the world editor link and download it through the jass link above all the threads, idk the other versions of the editor

Jass

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Did the actually export the spell maps triggers via File -> Export triggers and import them into your map via Files -> Import Triggers...

If you did, I believe you replaced your triggers.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Did the actually export the spell maps triggers via File -> Export triggers and import them into your map via Files -> Import Triggers...

Exogenesis

Reaction score

No I didn't even get the chance to import the triggers. Once the triggers were exported I tried to open my map but the error came up.

Exogenesis

Reaction score
did you try opening it in jass?

Actually I just checked the test map. Its literally the same map with a few missing triggers. I'll make due with the missing triggers; I'm just REALLY GLAD I got my map back.

I appreciate the help from you guys though

Exogenesis

Reaction score
Actually I just checked the test map. Its literally the same map with a few missing triggers. I'll make due with the missing triggers; I'm just REALLY GLAD I got my map back.

I appreciate the help from you guys though

Actually I still have a problem...... I open the map and it opens fine. But when I edit the map, close it, and reopen it it still has that error "trigger data missing or invalid". What is going on............

GFreak45

Reaction score
any variables, units, or abilities that are referenced in those triggers must also be coppied over, if the trigger doesnt have a specific type of reference in a place where it needs it the trigger is disabled until that reference is made again

Exogenesis

Reaction score
I've also tried this:
Made two copies of the map. Had one map delete all the triggers. But when I went to open the map without triggers it still had that same error....

GFreak45

Reaction score
it sounds like the map file is corrupted, try coppying everything including triggers, terrain, units, objects (everything that is custom or changed from default) into another map

Exogenesis

Reaction score
it sounds like the map file is corrupted, try coppying everything including triggers, terrain, units, objects (everything that is custom or changed from default) into another map

Yep did exactly what you did. Took me a dam while but got the job done.
Thanks a lot.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.