Reaction score
Hero - Doctor/Medic
NAME: Doctor or Medic
MODEL: Night Elf Runner
CLASS: Support
ATTRIBUTE: Intelligence
RANGE: 100
MOVEMENT BASE: 125% your mean (fast)
INNATE SPELL (1 level spell that starts with the hero): Concoction - Triggered Auto cast ability that costs 0 mana and auto targets any enemy unit the doctor attacks. The ability does the doctors intelligence*2 over 10 seconds..
SPELL 1 (6 levels spell): Rapid Healing - Heals a target friendly unit for 10% of his maximum hit points per second and stuns him until his heal is interrupted or until his health is maxed. Heal is interrupted if he is attacked. Levels decrease mana cost and cool down
SPELL 2 (6 levels spell): Defibrillator - sends 10,000 volts through a targets body giving it a 5 second stun and if non hero, a 15% chance to kill instantly. Levels decrease cool down and mana cost, increase chance to kill non hero.
SPELL 3 (6 levels spell): Healing frenzy - a healing wave type spell with a maximum of 20 bounces and no health loss per bounce. However, units must be within 250 game units of each other to receive the bounce. Levels increase healed HP and decrease mana cost.
SPELL 4 (6 levels spell): Healing post - a ward which has the priest heal ability for up to 1000 range. Ward has only 1 HP and a 30 second timed life, levels increase number of spawned healing posts.
ULTIMATE (3 levels spell): Energize - whenever the doctor is attacked he has a 50% chance to heal himself instantly for amount relative to mana and intelligence. Levels increase mana/int multiplier.

chopperpope

Reaction score
hero - doctor/medic
name: Doctor or medic
model: Night elf runner
class: Support
attribute: Intelligence
range: 100
movement base: 125% your mean (fast)
innate spell (1 level spell that starts with the hero): Concoction - triggered auto cast ability that costs 0 mana and auto targets any enemy unit the doctor attacks. The ability does the doctors intelligence*2 over 10 seconds..
Spell 1 (6 levels spell): Rapid healing - heals a target friendly unit for 10% of his maximum hit points per second and stuns him until his heal is interrupted or until his health is maxed. Heal is interrupted if he is attacked. Levels decrease mana cost and cool down
i thing people wouldn`t like to be stunned while beeing healed, i`ll make this spell without the stunning part, it will heal 10% of target`s missing hitpoints
spell 2 (6 levels spell): Defibrillator - sends 10,000 volts through a targets body giving it a 5 second stun and if non hero, a 15% chance to kill instantly. Levels decrease cool down and mana cost, increase chance to kill non hero.
5 seconds stun is rigged!
spell 3 (6 levels spell): Healing frenzy - a healing wave type spell with a maximum of 20 bounces and no health loss per bounce. However, units must be within 250 game units of each other to receive the bounce. Levels increase healed hp and decrease mana cost.
Spell 4 (6 levels spell): Healing post - a ward which has the priest heal ability for up to 1000 range. Ward has only 1 hp and a 30 second timed life, levels increase number of spawned healing posts.
Ultimate (3 levels spell): Energize - whenever the doctor is attacked he has a 50% chance to heal himself instantly for amount relative to mana and intelligence. Levels increase mana/int multiplier.

some spells are good, but...

Cokemonkey11

Reaction score
If a spell can be casted once every 15 minutes and it stuns for 10 seconds is it rigged?

the healing spell heals ALL of the targets hitpoints over 10 seconds. (10% per second) the stun is so that the spell is less imba.

Please read what I write, balancing is a necesity you can't just say 5 second stun = imba

chopperpope

Reaction score
If a spell can be casted once every 15 minutes and it stuns for 10 seconds is it rigged?
yes! it`s IMBA! more than 4 seconds stunned for a mmagic that needs no skill to be used is too much for me!
the healing spell heals ALL of the targets hitpoints over 10 seconds. (10% per second) the stun is so that the spell is less imba.
read what I says! I changed for 10% of MISSING HITPOINTS! so, if the hero is at half life it just heals 5% of it`s life
Please read what I write, balancing is a necesity you can't just say 5 second stun = imba
it`s cause i don`t like LONG cooldowns magic :)

Cokemonkey11

Reaction score
Don't use my ideas then :) you're trying to simplify them and at that point you might as well just use blizzard made spells

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
I will post more stuf, I just post this because I actually have to sleep now.
NAME: Ring of Refreshment
CLASS: Ring
IMAGE: Any blue ring icon
ABILITIES: Adds 150 mana, 8 intelligence, and gives a 50% chance to restore 80 mana when casting a spell.

chopperpope

Reaction score
Don't use my ideas then :) you're trying to simplify them and at that point you might as well just use blizzard made spells

I'm not simplifying ypur ideas, man!
I liked them.
I just changed the stun timer and the healed persentage!
I really liked ur support ward, it was a good idea, I'll add spells to the ward and make it attack. to create offencive defencive support ward and use it as ultimade.:)

I will post more stuf, I just post this because I actually have to sleep now.

Quote:
NAME: Ring of Refreshment
CLASS: Ring
IMAGE: Any blue ring icon
ABILITIES: Adds 150 mana, 8 intelligence, and gives a 50% chance to restore 80 mana when casting a spell.

GOOD IDEA!
I'll just change some aspects of the item, like:
add (50 +10 x your level in mana), restore 25% of the spent mana points every time you casy a spell.

Thanks for your idea:thup:

Anachron

Reaction score
How fucking I hate the UPPERCASE STRINGS. IT JUST LOOKS LIKE..

Well, I think you understood.

Its a rule you know.. If not read rules again^^

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
GOOD IDEA!
I'll just change some aspects of the item, like:
add (50 +10 x your level in mana), restore 25% of the spent mana points every time you casy a spell.

Thanks for your idea:thup:

I gues someone here likes complicated things ^-^.
Anyway, heres a hero suggestion:

NAME: Argus, Lake Horror
MODEL: Blue tinted ghoul
CLASS: Powerhouse with great damage AOE skills, as long as he is granted the opportunity to optimall use them
ATRIBUTE: Strength
RANGE: Melee
MOVEMENT BASE: 300
Aquatic Habitats (passive)

Being the Lake Horror, Argus has the upperhand when fighting in a wet environment. When stalking his opponents from shallow waters, Argus' speed is increased. In addition the water slightly adds to the regeneration of his gruesome slimy body.

Effect: Adds 10% movement and attackspeed and 3hp regeneration while positioned in shallow water.

Artificial Drowning (active, no target, channeling)

Using his power over nearby water, Argus causes groundwater to rise and turn the nearby, appearantly innocent, soil into a lethal swamp that sucks all who wander into it down in an attempt to drown them. The longer Argus focusses on the groundwater, the more effective and wide the swamp becomes. While doing so however, he cannot preform any other action. The swamp always starts with a movement and attackspeed slow of 5% and a 250 radius of effect.

Level 1 - Channels for up to 4 seconds, adding 4% slow and 25 range each second. The swamp lasts untill 5 seconds after Argus stopped channeling.
Level 2 - Channels for up to 5 seconds, adding 5% slow and 30 range each second. The swamp lasts untill 5 seconds after Argus stopped channeling.
Level 3 - Channels for up to 6 seconds, adding 6% slow and 35 range each second. The swamp lasts untill 5 seconds after Argus stopped channeling.
Level 4 - Channels for up to 7 seconds, adding 7% slow and 40 range each second. The swamp lasts untill 5 seconds after Argus stopped channeling.
Level 5 - Channels for up to 8 seconds, adding 8% slow and 45 range each second. The swamp lasts untill 5 seconds after Argus stopped channeling.
Level 6 - Channels for up to 9 seconds, adding 9% slow and 50 range each second. The swamp lasts untill 5 seconds after Argus stopped channeling.

Slimy Skin (passive)

Argus is fitted with a gruesome slimy skin that offers him a suprising good protection. It often causes attacks made at him to slip off his slimy surface, as well as the slime uses to interfere with a spell once in a while. When it comes in touch with an opponent, the slightly acid slime burns into their skin and deals some additional damage.

Level 1 - Grants 5% spell reduction and evasion. Deals 5 damage per second to melee attackers for 2 seconds.
Level 2 - Grants 9% spell reduction and evasion. Deals 6 damage per second to melee attackers for 2 seconds.
Level 3 - Grants 13% spell reduction and evasion. Deals 7 damage per second to melee attackers for 2 seconds.
Level 4 - Grants 17% spell reduction and evasion. Deals 8 damage per second to melee attackers for 2 seconds.
Level 5 - Grants 21% spell reduction and evasion. Deals 9 damage per second to melee attackers for 2 seconds.
Level 6 - Grants 25% spell reduction and evasion. Deals 10 damage per second to melee attackers for 2 seconds.

Understrike (active, single target)

Argus can use his swimming skills to even swim himself his way through the earth for a limited distance. When he notices a suitable victim, he can go underground just to appear underneath his opponent 2 seconds later and pull his bottom half under the ground. This holds that opponent for a short duration, allowing Argus to strike at him.

Level 1 - Deals 60 damage and inmobilizes the victim for 1 second
Level 2 - Deals 80 damage and inmobilizes the victim for 1,5 second
Level 3 - Deals 100 damage and inmobilizes the victim for 2 seconds
Level 4 - Deals 120 damage and inmobilizes the victim for 2,5 seconds
Level 5 - Deals 140 damage and inmobilizes the victim for 3 seconds
Level 6 - Deals 160 damage and inmobilizes the victim for 3,5 seconds

Aquatic Implosion (active, no target, channeling)

Argus' exeptional body can hold large masses of water. By absorbing nearby water, from the ground or even from the air, Argus can turn himself into a bomb with a power that increases as he absorbs more water. When he stops absorbing or has absorbed to much, he implodes and sends out a devastating shockwave. When he dies, he automaticly releases such an explosion. The amount of channeled seconds this explosion uses is random.

Level 1 - Channels for up to 3 seconds. Initial radius is 250 and damage is 180 - (distance x 0,5). Each channeled second adds 50 range and 20 damage.
Level 2 - Channels for up to 3 seconds. Initial radius is 250 and damage is 180 - (distance x 0,5). Each channeled second adds 50 range and 30 damage.
Level 3 - Channels for up to 4 seconds. Initial radius is 250 and damage is 180 - (distance x 0,5). Each channeled second adds 50 range and 40 damage.
Level 4 - Channels for up to 4 seconds. Initial radius is 250 and damage is 180 - (distance x 0,5). Each channeled second adds 50 range and 50 damage.
Level 5 - Channels for up to 5 seconds. Initial radius is 250 and damage is 180 - (distance x 0,5). Each channeled second adds 50 range and 60 damage.
Level 6 - Channels for up to 5 seconds. Initial radius is 250 and damage is 180 - (distance x 0,5). Each channeled second adds 50 range and 70 damage.

Lake Terror (active, no target)

Argus is capable of expelling large amount of water from his mouth to create himself a lake suitable for combat anywhere. ot only do the masses of water damage all they come across to, but the lake definitely gives Argus the upperhand in combat as long as he remains in it.

Level 1 - Deals 120 damage to every enemy in a 750 radius and creates a lake in that area. The lake counts as shallow water, as well as it halves Aquatic implosions channeling time without reducing its effect and adds 10% damage as long as Argus is in the lake. Lasts 8 seconds.
Level 2 - Deals 180 damage to every enemy in a 1000 radius and creates a lake in that area. The lake counts as shallow water, as well as it halves Aquatic implosions channeling time without reducing its effect and adds 15% damage as long as Argus is in the lake. Lasts 10 seconds.
Level 3 - Deals 240 damage to every enemy in a 1250 radius and creates a lake in that area. The lake counts as shallow water, as well as it halves Aquatic implosions channeling time without reducing its effect and adds 20% damage as long as Argus is in the lake. Lasts 12 seconds.

chopperpope

Reaction score
I gues someone here likes complicated things ^-^.
Anyway, heres a hero suggestion:

NAME: Argus, Lake Horror
MODEL: Blue tinted ghoul
CLASS: Powerhouse with great damage AOE skills, as long as he is granted the opportunity to optimall use them
ATRIBUTE: Strength
RANGE: Melee

HOLLY SHIT!
HOW COMPLICATED SPELLS!:thup:
I'm not saying I can't do them all, but, i thing there's to much channeling spells on this hero, and nuke magics also become underpowered at late game. I'll use ur spells just with some changes!.

(the innate spell that gives bonus on water)
I don't have so much water in the map, and I don't want to make it an island, so, i'll change this spell to provide bonus when nearby to water, and not just inside it, also, gives EXTRA bonus when really INSIDE the shallow water

(the slimy skin)
i liked this spell, but i'll change sometthings, it stills providing magic resist, but, causes enemies (don't matter meele or ranged) that attacks him to have they're attack and movement speed slowed and take damage over second.

(the swap thing)
I don't want it to be chaNneled, so, I'll make the swap become a summon, so, u instantly summons a swap (that counts as shallow water) that damages enemies and slows them, it grows by itself every second dealing more damage and more slow:thup:

(the underwater attack)
it deals not much damage, and I thing an stunning attack for a hero that already have A SLOWING SWAP, BONUS SPEED INSIDE WATER, AND SLOW WHEN ATTACKED is too rigged. I'll delete this spell and put a passive one.

(the bomb)
I'll make it starts a timer when actived (don't need to channel), and when the timer reachs ZERO it explodes, slowing and damaging neaby enemies (you can explode the bomb before the timer expires, but, dealing lesser damage and sllow.

the rest is good, THANK YOU:thup:

Dryvnt

Reaction score
This is of a spellpack i never got finished, plus some more... I havent gotten any damage or so, i dont know what they should have... I aint good at balancing :(

NAME: Dryvnt Mehtard (<--- Change last name if u want)
MODEL: Blood mage with a tint of dark
CLASS: Dark Mage
ATRIBUTE: Int
RANGE: 600
Magic Drain (passive, no cooldown)

The Dark Mage have learned himself how to drain enemies mana, draining 5% of the damage he deal to an enemy, everytime he deals damage

How it works: Pretty simple, gives mana on damage done (includes spells)

Spreadig Dark (target unit, 6 sec cooldown)

The Dark Mage unleashes the forces of the darkness, dealing damage to an unit and the units in 500 near his target

How it works: A projectile hits the unit and then new projectiles from the target unit (dummy unit cast's the spell) hit's the nearby units.

Shadow pull (target point, 15 sec cooldown)

The studying of the dark art's learned the Dark Mage how to manipulate the shadows, allowing him to move someone to wherever he wants and keep them there by stunning them for [Level of spell x 0.5] seconds

How it works: The units are moved to the target point, a dummy unit then casts a stunning spell on them

Mark of Shadow (target unit, 5 sec cooldown, can stack)

The Dark Mage uses his dark powers to turn the enemy's shadow against it, dealing damage every second

How it works: Shadow Strike w/o the initial damage

Pact of Dark (no target, 15 sec cooldown)

Using what he learned at the dark academy he can create a dark beign, but for a cost of mana.

Level 1: 5 mana per attack
Level 2: 10 mana per attack, the dark beign has more health and damage
Level 3: 15 mana per attack, the dark beign has more health and damage
Level 4: 20 mana per attack, the dark beign has more health and damage
Level 5: 25 mana per attack, the dark beign has more health and damage
Level 6: 30 mana per attack, the dark beign has more health and damage

How it works: When the beign attacks, you remove (level of dark beign * 5) mana from the Dark Mage

Spinning Destruction (no target, 180 sec cooldown)

The Dark Mage call's upon power from beyond, creating 2 orbs that spin around him, dealing damage to nerby units each second.

How it works: You create 2 dummy unit's that spin around the dark mage. The dummy's got a modified immolation

All of the cooldowns might have to be higher or lower... :rolleyes:

chopperpope

Reaction score
Yes!

this is of a spellpack i never got finished, plus some more... I havent gotten any damage or so, i dont know what they should have... I aint good at balancing :(

name: Dryvnt mehtard (<--- change last name if u want)
i'll keep the name, it's yours
model: Blood mage with a tint of dark
class: Dark mage
atribute: Int
range: 600
movement base: 300

magic drain (passive, no cooldown)

the dark mage have learned himself how to drain enemies mana, draining 5% of the damage he deal to an enemy, everytime he deals damage

how it works: Pretty simple, gives mana on damage done (includes spells)
yeah, i know how to do it:d, this will be a greaat nuker!

quote:
Spreadig dark (target unit, 6 sec cooldown)

the dark mage unleashes the forces of the darkness, dealing damage to an unit and the units in 500 near his target
i'll keep this one with some changes, i with pure damage in late game sucks, but the spell whould looks good if it deals bonus damage for each consecutive cast :)
how it works: A projectile hits the unit and then new projectiles from the target unit (dummy unit cast's the spell) hit's the nearby units.

Quote:
Shadow pull (target point, 15 sec cooldown)

the studying of the dark art's learned the dark mage how to manipulate the shadows, allowing him to move someone to wherever he wants and keep them there by stunning them for [level of spell x 0.5] seconds
i hate this one, sorry:thdown:
how it works: The units are moved to the target point, a dummy unit then casts a stunning spell on them

quote:
Mark of shadow (target unit, 5 sec cooldown, can stack)

the dark mage uses his dark powers to turn the enemy's shadow against it, dealing damage every second
very creative, but, i already have a hero with a spells that look likes this one, i don't want to have to of it, i'll change this spells for another one.
how it works: Shadow strike w/o the initial damage

quote:
Pact of dark (no target, 15 sec cooldown)

using what he learned at the dark academy he can create a dark beign, but for a cost of mana.

Level 1: 5 mana per attack
level 2: 10 mana per attack, the dark beign has more health and damage
level 3: 15 mana per attack, the dark beign has more health and damage
level 4: 20 mana per attack, the dark beign has more health and damage
bouces once
level 5: 25 mana per attack, the dark beign has more health and damage
bounces twice
level 6: 30 mana per attack, the dark beign has more health and damage
bounces trice
i thing it whould be nice if it become like the witch doctor's ward, having to be channeled, and dealing macive damage.
how it works: When the beign attacks, you remove (level of dark beign * 5) mana from the dark mage

quote:
Spinning destruction (no target, 180 sec cooldown)

the dark mage call's upon power from beyond, creating 2 orbs that spin around him, dealing damage to nerby units each second.
i'll change this one, sorry
how it works: You create 2 dummy unit's that spin around the dark mage. The dummy's got a modified immolation

thanks for the spells! I liked them very much :thup:

yes!

All of the cooldowns might have to be higher or lower... :rolleyes:
. . .

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
@Sjakie, your ability "Artificial Drowning" - artificial means like fake, or man-made. So I don't think it fits your ability. :)

Lionguard Helmet
A refined helmet of the Lionguard elites. The protective covering lets off a powerful aura to allies, and sends out a fierce gaze out at enemies.
Gives: +2 Armor, +1 Armor Devotion Aura

Lionguard Breastplate
A sparking, shining piece of armor. The breastplate proudly shows the Lionguard symbol, and loyally defends its master against even the toughest atacks.
Gives: +4 Armor, +25% Chance to Block 25 Damage, +100 Health

Lionguard Legpiece
Hardended legpieces that firmly protect the bearer while magically creating an enlightening aura, soothing all.
Gives: +3 Armor, +10% Movespeed

Lionguard Gauntlets
Standared gauntlets of the Lionguard elites. Powerful and strong, these gloves can protect and help with fighting.
Gives: +1 Armor, +10% Attackspeed, +1 Strength

Lionguard Sword
A fine, broadsword that sharply stands magnificently at its enemies.
Gives: +8 Damage, +2 All Attributes, +15% Chance to Deal X1.5 Damage

COMBINE ALL 5 PIECES TO CREATE:

Lionguard Armor Set
The complete set used by the great Lionguard elites. This fierce armor will protect and attack at your will, creating a destructive force.
Gives: +10 Armor, +3 Devotion Aura, +6 All Attributes, +16 Damage, +15% Attackspeed and Movespeed, +15% Chance to Deal X1.5 Damage

chopperpope

Reaction score
ass

@Sjakie, your ability "Artificial Drowning" - artificial means like fake, or man-made. So I don't think it fits your ability. :)

Lionguard Helmet
A refined helmet of the Lionguard elites. The protective covering lets off a powerful aura to allies, and sends out a fierce gaze out at enemies.
Gives: +2 Armor, +1 Armor Devotion Aura

Lionguard Breastplate
A sparking, shining piece of armor. The breastplate proudly shows the Lionguard symbol, and loyally defends its master against even the toughest atacks.
Gives: +4 Armor, +25% Chance to Block 25 Damage, +100 Health

Lionguard Legpiece
Hardended legpieces that firmly protect the bearer while magically creating an enlightening aura, soothing all.
Gives: +3 Armor, +10% Movespeed

Lionguard Gauntlets
Standared gauntlets of the Lionguard elites. Powerful and strong, these gloves can protect and help with fighting.
Gives: +1 Armor, +10% Attackspeed, +1 Strength

Lionguard Sword
A fine, broadsword that sharply stands magnificently at its enemies.
Gives: +8 Damage, +2 All Attributes, +15% Chance to Deal X1.5 Damage

COMBINE ALL 5 PIECES TO CREATE:

Lionguard Armor Set
The complete set used by the great Lionguard elites. This fierce armor will protect and attack at your will, creating a destructive force.
Gives: +10 Armor, +3 Devotion Aura, +6 All Attributes, +16 Damage, +15% Attackspeed and Movespeed, +15% Chance to Deal X1.5 Damage

you was creative, but, sorry, I've created itens that look likes very similar to these ones.
maybe i'll use the lion's helmet, i liked the way of using a helmet to assist your team:thup:

THANKS

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
Name: Venomtounge
Class: Sword/Weapon
Icon: Coral Blades (Naga upgrade)
Description: Crafted by the Naga, the Venomtounge is a malevolent trident that combines two deadly abilities of conflicting races, the Naga's mastery of venomous concotions, and the Night Elves' excellence at agility. Said to be able to kill an enemy with a single flick of the wrist, the Venomtounge is one of the deadliest blades in existence, a single strike crippling, maiming and incapacitating the unlucky foe.
Abilities: Gives +25 damage, +30 agility, +20% attack speed and Venom Attack.
Venom Attack deals 10 damage per second for 3 seconds, while also slowing the target's movement speed and attack speed by 15%. Poison damage CAN kill.

Hope ya like it.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score

Unless theres an official term that means "blue tinted ghoul-made" I think it pretty much fits a skill where the hero creates his own temporary swamp better then any other name. :D

chopperpope

Reaction score
Name: Venomtounge
Class: Sword/Weapon
Icon: Coral Blades (Naga upgrade)
Description: Crafted by the Naga, the Venomtounge is a malevolent trident that combines two deadly abilities of conflicting races, the Naga's mastery of venomous concotions, and the Night Elves' excellence at agility. Said to be able to kill an enemy with a single flick of the wrist, the Venomtounge is one of the deadliest blades in existence, a single strike crippling, maiming and incapacitating the unlucky foe.
Abilities: Gives +25 damage, +30 agility, +20% attack speed and Venom Attack.
Venom Attack deals 10 damage per second for 3 seconds, while also slowing the target's movement speed and attack speed by 15%. Poison damage CAN kill.

Hope ya like it.

YA YA, thanks, i liked the weapon u created, it looks similar to the katana I've created (+damage, +as and ms and slowing attack).
i'll change katana abilities to a more samurai way, so, i'll use you venomtonge, not exactly the same as u did, but, anyway, THANKS:thup:

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Please don't double post. And there's like, only a single word on your second post, and its like, not even the word "bump". :p

Moth Sword
A sword made from thousands of moths' wings, beautifully covered with runes and magical spells that make this mystical weapon as strong as the strongest steels.
Damage + 20 to 30
Gives +10 Agility
Gives an active skill: damages enemies around you, dealing their Strength, Intelligence and Agility combined as damage. Deals 150 damage to normal creeps.

chopperpope

Reaction score
Please don't double post. And there's like, only a single word on your second post, and its like, not even the word "bump". :p

Moth Sword
A sword made from thousands of moths' wings, beautifully covered with runes and magical spells that make this mystical weapon as strong as the strongest steels.
Damage + 20 to 30
Gives +10 Agility
Gives an active skill: damages enemies around you, dealing their Strength, Intelligence and Agility combined as damage. Deals 150 damage to normal creeps.

ya ya, cool, thanks for the base idea, i`ll just change to:
Damage + 10+10% damage
Gives +5 to all stats
Gives an active skill: damages nearby enemies by the difference between your primary atribute and they`re

ANOTHER THANK FOR THE IDEA ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.