Need help to make spells (again)

zero9x

Reaction score
Last night, when im thinking to add spell to my Furion, and i can see this in my mind:

Falling Trees

Select the trees in 300 AoE and cut it down, any enemies in the target will take 25/30/35/40 damage and will stun 0.3s for each fallen trees.

and

Forbidden Stone

The Death Knight use his power to summon the forbidden stone of Undead, the Stone will deals 88/100/150 damage per seconds and slow the enemies for 50%. Last 4/5/6 seconds.

Please help me to make these spells please cuz i cant make it at all :( (Sorry for my bad English)

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Could you give a more detailed description please.

For the Trees:
Do you target the AoE of trees and targets takes damage within that AoE or do you cut down trees and then the next target deals the damage?

For Stone:
The hero summons a stone at target location and affects what AoE?

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
I think the stone one would be like a ward that deals damage in the area? I would do that with the summon ward item ability where the summoned unit would be a basic ward that has a version of immolation and another of the tornado aura with 50% slow... the other i think i have a way to do it but ull have to wait till i get home tomorow for me to make a trigger for it, a few things id have to check first, pm me if u dont get it and still need

zero9x

Reaction score
Falling Trees:
Select trees in 300 AoE and cut it down (destroy it) and deals dmg for each trees (ex: if your target location have 3 trees, its will deals 75 dmg and stun for 0.9s - Level 1)

Forbidden Stone:
Oh yes, its like a ward (or a dummy) and its have Immolation and the Omniknight's Degen Aura (but -50% for all Lv)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
But what area? Around the trees? The caster? The nearby enemies? Is it like a stomp? A target area?
Explain how it should target the trees and how it should target the enemies, being vague is no help to u...
As for the stone I already said how it could be done, doing it is ur part...

zero9x

Reaction score
See this picture and u will know it ;)
fallintrees.jpg

The fallen trees look like tinker's cluster rocket, its will deals dmg and stun enemies for each trees

But if you can change the falling position to target point, its will better ;)

Heresme

Reaction score
For the stone I'd say have him summon a unit at the target location, possibly with the 'locust' ability so it can't be targetted with, yeah, Immolation and a slow.

For the trees thing why not just have 'damage area', and... gosh, lemme see if I can figure out a full trigger.

Event
(Generic Unit Event)
Unit - A unit begins casting a spell
Condition
(Ability Comparison)
Spell being cast equal to (Custom spell)
Action
(Unit action 'Damage Area)
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to do damage to a circular area after 0.00 seconds... etc etc

Make the spell Force of Nature with no units being made as a result, so it will destroy the trees.

Edit: Just realised this will always do damage in a set circle and not just around the trees. I alternatively suggest you have a spell like Eat Tree, in which case it would target only one place, but I can't think of a simple way to cause it to do damage only around the destroyed trees.

zero9x

Reaction score
@Heresme: its worked, but the spell will deals dmg to allied, i dunno how to fix it, if i change the target allow the Enemy, then the spell can cast on Enemies...

Heresme

Reaction score
Dammit.
I love a good puzzle.

Alright, I figured out how to damage random units, not that it helps. I really didn't think of it hurting only its team mates.

It's not the spell hurting them, but the trigger, which is the problem. I had a look and I can't figure out a way for it to... not. There doesn't appear to be an option for only damaging enemies.

Edit: With the 'damage area' trigger. I'll keep looking to find an alternative though. Might just have to do something with dummy units, placing one at the location of the spell, then having it cast a warstomp/thunderclap modified move to do an AoE larger than the trees.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
You should use Damage Target instead of Area and cycle through a unit group
ie
Trigger:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in MyUnitGroup and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

and then you can set your group to only pick units in range/region and matching conditions xyz, like "enemy of triggering unit" etc

zero9x

Reaction score
Here is my trigger
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability

Ability being cast Equal to Falling Trees

Set AALoc1 = Target point of ability being cast
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00s of radius 500 at AALoc1, dealing (90 + (70 x (Real((Level of Falling Trees for Triggering Unit))))
Special Effect - Creat a special effect at AALoc1 using abcxuz
Wait 1.00s
Special effect - destroy (last created special effect)
Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_AALoc1)

Can u guys fix the damage to ally please?

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Try This:
Trigger:
  • TreeCast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to TreeSpell
    • Actions
      • Set MyInteger = 0
      • Set MyPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set MyUnitGroup = (Units within 500.00 of MyPoint matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)))
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 500.00 of MyPoint and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set MyInteger = (MyInteger + 1)
          • Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible)
      • Set Damage = (25 + (5 x ((Level of TreeSpell for (Triggering unit)) - 1)))
      • Set StunTime = (0.30 x (Real(MyInteger)))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at MyPoint using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Set Effect = (Last created special effect)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in MyUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real(Damage)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • Unit - Pause (Picked unit)
          • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to UnpauseUnitGroup
      • Countdown Timer - Start UnpauseTimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in StunTime seconds
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_MyUnitGroup)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MyPoint)

Trigger:
  • Unpause
    • Events
      • Time - UnpauseTimer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnpauseUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Unpause (Picked unit)
      • Special Effect - Destroy Effect
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_UnpauseUnitGroup)
      • Custom script: set udg_Effect=null

Smitty

Reaction score
Basically, damaging an area means damaging literally EVERYTHING in that area, without any ability to pick and choose. Inevit4ble is right, use unit groups.

zero9x

Reaction score
Can i ask u guys something with variables?

What type of these variable?
Set Damage = (25 + (5 x ((Level of TreeSpell for (Triggering unit)) - 1)))
Set StunTime = (0.30 x (Real(MyInteger)))
Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to UnpauseUnitGroup
Countdown Timer - Start UnpauseTimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in StunTime seconds
Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnpauseUnitGroup and do (Actions)

Smitty

Reaction score
First is an integer, 2nd is real, 3rd is a unit group, 4th is a timer, last is another unit group.

EDIT: sorry, didn't see vypur's post ><

inevit4ble

Reaction score
You forgot to put in one line.
Trigger:
  • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to UnpauseUnitGroup

Here it is fixed

Attachments

• FallingTrees.w3x
    19.8 KB · Views: 197
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.