need help with the play animation action

rtatpi

Reaction score
Every 3 seconds of game time, I want three riflemen to play their attack animation. this is what the trigger looks like

Event - Every 3.00 seconds of game time

Condition -

Actions -
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in riflemen shots <gen> matching ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Rifleman)) and do (Animation - Play (Picked unit)'s attack animation)

it looks like it is correct to me, but when i test run the game the said riflemen are standing idle. I checked to make sure they were all in the riflemen shots region, and they are.

can somebody review my trigger and try to find the bug?

thanks, again,
rtatpi

L

LittleLamb

Actions -
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in riflemen shots <gen> matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Rifleman)) and do (Animation - Play (Picked unit)'s attack animation)

J

Just a guest

rtatpi said:
Actions -
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in riflemen shots <gen> matching ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Rifleman)) and do (Animation - Play (Picked unit)'s attack animation)
I think the problem is that the unit isn't picked yet. Try using "Pick every unit in unit in region of type" instead.

Hope this helps.

lllidan

Reaction score
LittleLamb said:
i did change the from picked unit to matching unit.

oh my mistake. but why bother just saying what i had just said?

anyway wouldnt it be:
Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in riflemen shots <gen> matching ((Unit-type of ([B]Picked unit[/B])) Equal to Rifleman)) and do (Animation - Play ([B]Matching[/B] unit)'s attack animation)

rtatpi

Reaction score
Thanks to both of you! the trigger now works -

Events - Every 3 seconds

Conditions -

Actions -

L

LittleLamb

did u see my post time r almost same with u... i also don't wan ppl said me spam the forum 1 >_<
:(

lllidan

Reaction score
rtatpi said:
Thanks to both of you! the trigger now works -

Events - Every 3 seconds

Conditions -

Actions -

Previous trigger:

Lol same exact one, but kool that it works.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
That wouldn't work, the bold part would have to be "matching unit" for it to work, littlelamb had it right the first time.

Ambeco

Reaction score
Code:
Unit Group - [I]Pick every unit[/I] in (Units in riflemen shots <gen> [B]matching[/B] ((Unit-type of ([B]Matching unit[/B])) Equal to Rifleman)) and do (Animation - Play ([I]Picked unit[/I])'s attack animation)

It picks units from group and orders picked unit
To find which units match, it uses matching unit to compare

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.