Need History!

Man-o-Bomb

Reaction score
I created a map named ''Creep Evolution''. The map is based on Ashenvale forest with 9 creeps walking around, eating food and growing bigger.
I want a little ''history'' about each race (maybe also why there is only 1 of each in the forest). The races is: Gnoll, Kobold, Centaur, Felbeast, Hydra, Spider, Forest Troll, Furbolg and Wolf. Each history can fill 4-8 lines.
I now got Spiders (131ackout, thank u (7/10)), Furbolgs (Great history Frozenshadow (10/10)), Hydra (Me (10/10) :D), Wolfs (Malkier, 8/10)) and Trolls (DogOFHavok 9/10)) Centaurs (Great history Frozenshadow (10/10)) Felbeasts (Nice story Curo (8/10)), Thank u very much! You get in the Thanks To. U can always try to write a better story.

131ackout

I'll do it on Spiders.

Because they're so addictive to kill em.

HISTORY:
Code:
Many years ago, the forest was empty, no wild animals, just only water and deers. Until now, a corrupted spider came to the fountain and drank it.. And the spider has became to normal, even thought myseriously there were a group of eggs. The spider took over the eggs, made it to "egg sac" and today, they are doing peacefully. for many years. Now, they took over the forest, but the beasts came in, just to share.

If it's 6 lines to you, just delete some of un-needed words and lines.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
I'll do the Furbolg.

In the early days, furbolgs were no more than, unintelligent creatures, in the eyes of men. But breeding larger, growing stronger, these furbolgs have lived in peace, alongside their ancestors, blessings brought down from the heavens, granting them harmony in the community. On a dark night, humans invaded the furbolgs, in fear that they might not be strong enough to survive if they bred, cutting down the trees, slaughtering all of the peaceful creatures, they nearly drove them to extinction, but not for one, he retreated at the sign of the attack, using the elements of the forest to hide him, and his tracks, he survived. Until now, the furbolg roams the forest, getting smarter, growing stronger, the normal elements of survivor in his favor, he gets along with nature, with ease. But an unexpected source in the forest brings a race of eight new creatures, the furbolg watches them with curiosity, knowing they are not his allies.

I made it, too long, I think.

131ackout

> FrozenShadow
Good history, but Man-o-Bomb prefers 3-5 lines like that.

Malkier

Reaction score
I'll try and do the wolf... I'm not much of a writer though so here goes..

The wolves of Ashenvale are far more ancient and powerful than those
found in other lands. Cunning, with excellent tracking skills and a keen sense
of smell, these intelligent beings are loyal only to the pack. Fiercely
territorial, they look upon the other races of creature dwelling in the
forest with no pity, fighting tirelessly to defend their turf.

^_^

Atreyu

One Last Breath.
Reaction score
I'll try:

Code:
The day Lordaeron was burned down by the Pitlord and Archimond's minions. 
They poisoned the Fountain of Life in the Ashenvale forest. 
The mild furbolgs became wild and hungry. Maeive knows not how to stop it but to chase after Illidan was the first priority. The furbogs fate rest in the hands of no one.

131ackout

@ Atreyu

Well, that was almost "similar" story to RoC Campaign story.

It's good, anyway. :thup:

EDIT: by the way, it's Archimonde... I think. lol

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
This should probably be in the Writers' Corner, if you want the best responses. Anyway:

Kobold:
The Kobolds used to live entirely underground, but due to the recent disruptions on the surface, they have decided to take part in the quarrels, and reap the rewards of conquest.
Gnoll:
The Gnolls once lived in small caves and crevices, but those homes have been destroyed by the activities outside the sequestered locations. The Gnolls have come to take revenge, and to find new homes.
Centaur:
The Centaur race has always been a war-loving one. They have come in full vigor to take part in this war; for no reason other than bloody slaughter.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
The Forest Trolls have always been an arcane race. Their pursuit of forest magics has often led many of them to be terribly corrupted. When the war broke out in the forest, many of the trolls decided to fight, hoping to find a way to end the corruption. However, the bloodlust of war led them to madness. They turned on each other and now only one remains. His body and body are terribly twisted, and he knows only war.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
The hydras have always been extremely territorial. For centuries they have stayed in their sacred pools. They have been known to be powerful guardians, and rarely let an invader live to escape. They only ever leave to gather food.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
As request from the Topic Starter.

Do Not Give me Negative Rep, as this is requested to be revived by Man-O-Bomb

Centaurs, beasts with four legs, most of them, wield a huge axe, though some have practiced in the way of the crossbows, these Centaurs could go a whole mile, without getting tired, within an hour. Their incredible mobility, allows them to chase down their opponents, smiting them with a swift motion of their axe. These creatures are full of adrenaline, always lusting for battle, they have gained a negative reputation from the community around them, due to the fact that they slaughter anyone who challenges them. But then, the night elves retorted, driving them back until they left the sacred land, no one knows what happened to the creatures. Not until now, one lone centaur walked the woods, a mere child, not a full centaur, his survival, would depend on his strength, training, the centaur would battle against the other creatures who lived in this godforsaken forest, to make this place, his own.

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Felbeast

Deep within the forest, a fearsome howl was once heard echoing out of one of the darkest caves. Something was awoken within that cave that should have remained dormant; shackled in the belly of the earth itself. Nobody knows quite what happened in that cave, but a demonic entity was released that day, and it still roams the forest today as an innocent-looking felbeast. While out of its element in these woodlands, the felbeast has since adapted to become a resident of the forest.

@ FrozenShadow: Can you say comma splice and run-on sentence? I'm not being picky or anything, but WOW just look at that monstrosity! Don't worry, I wouldn't dream of neg-repping; this thread isn't THAT old.

Offtopic: You wouldn't by any chance be IcyShadow in game, would you?

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Felbeast

@ FrozenShadow: Can you say comma splice and run-on sentence? I'm not being picky or anything, but WOW just look at that monstrosity! Don't worry, I wouldn't dream of neg-repping; this thread isn't THAT old.

Offtopic: You wouldn't by any chance be IcyShadow in game, would you?

Nope, I'm not IcyShadow, my username on battle net is: Frozen_Shadow

:p

Anyway, I added periods XD

Man-o-Bomb

Reaction score
Ty very much for the Centaur and Felbeast history! I think i will write a little more on the felbeast (U get still in the thanks to)

EDIT:

The felbeast is good enough, i take it without change :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.