Negative Rep Invalidity ?

Tonks

Reaction score
If someone gives you -rep, and they're below 0, it's a void -rep, it doesn't do anything. What I'm wondering is, if they get a positive rep, will that -rep become valid?

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Yup, if you have positive rep, you can neg rep people.

Neutral or negative rep adds no negative rep to others.

You negative rep for half the ammount of positive rep you give.

Edit: Ohhhhhh! Didn't see you that you ment the rep becoming non-void. My bad.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe the answer is no. Rep is calculated at the time it is given so if someone with negative rep neg reps you it does not count - ever. If the user ever gets positive rep then any rep that they give after that point will count but the stuff given when it was negative still is nothing.

Tonks

Reaction score
Okay :) Thanks for responding.

Also, since I already have a new thread up, I may as well ask.
Why do Mods sometimes get massive -rep appearance?
For example, the other day I say Acehart with like -15000 rep, and today I saw the same thing on another mod. :nuts:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Haha, I know. Guys, please change your -rep thing back to +rep, its quite annoying. :eek:

H

HenrikGoSu

lol mods wit mega much -rep is fun, makes me think of ol days on wc3campaigns with wormskull lol, he jsut didn have it on purpose xDDD

Tonks

Reaction score
btw henri, you're not allowed to ask for rep. And I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to try to give -rep for no reason :rolleyes:
(Read the forum rules)

Tonks

Reaction score
phyrex1an said:
Asking for +rep isn't against the rules, however I whould never rep anyone asking for it if there wasn't a very strong reason to do so.
I just consider it very unpolite to ask for +rep. ^^
Huh. I coulda sworn that was in there when I read it..
But yea.. It is fairly impolite and kind of pointless to ask for +rep from people in general. You get it for helping, not because you ask every person on the forums for it.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Yeah, if I see someone asking for it, no matter how good their post is, I don't rep them. :cool:

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Ugh, I hate people who bite off of another person's style... Ryoko started the -rep thing, so let's let him be the end of it, too, hmm?

Which makes me sad cause Phrex did the black rep thing :( And now I'm sad, cause I wanted black rep...

Too bad I can't have my regular amount of rep bars, except black :cool: :shades:

DAT would be awesome.

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
Asking for +rep is like asking for -rep. Because that's what it makes us want to do when we see it LOL

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.