New game, like rpg like nothing youve ever played

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
Well, as most of you know, there are more rpgs out there than grains of sand on a beach, but I want to make one that isn't really an rpg. I want to make one that is insanley realistic, not counting non-existing things such as monsters, magic, etc.
For instance, there is no such thing as an invulnerable shopkeep, if you feel like killing the shopkeep, and making all the other players hate you, go ahead, if you wanna kill the quest givers, and just take the reward, go ahead,
all these things have punishments howevor, you get caught attacking people in the town, you'll get arrested, and actually be locked in a prison, you can escape of course, but your items, weapons, etc, are teken, and escaping a prison full of guards, while weaponless, is hard. Also, unless you find ur items, there gone for good. Of course you can serve your time, and be free, items and all.
You can get diseased, become cursed, become a vampire, werewolve, and all sorts of other contaigous transormations.
Also, instead of just picking from five abilities when you level up, you pick from five skill sets, each with about ten abilities. Also, with a slew of magic items and spellsbooks chock full of magics, there is no limit the the customizability of your hero.
Instead of your stats going up a specific amount every time you level, you get skill points each level up, allowing further customization.
There are tons of quests, guilds to join, wars to be fought. With no limit to what you can do, anything is possible,
you can pickpocket other players items, or replace their potions with poison, assassinate important people,
take over kingdoms, or start your own. Actually build your own castle, placing walls, towers, etc wherever you please.
Forge weapons, create potions, enchant items, and hire mercenaries.
There are caves to explore, monsters to slay, and dungeons to plunder.

Yeah thats a lot, but if yu guys like it, i can do it, i have a seroius devotion to map making, i map 5-6 hours daily, so i could do this. Any ideas would be greatly appriciated, and please, if your gonna say sumthin abut hw this is impossible, or nobody could do it, then just dont reply, because i can do this, i wont if you all hate it, but i could... i could.

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I say first start it. I bet there are many things you said you want to do that you couldn't do, but I won't underestimate you.

Once you start it, you will get an idea of how much work it will be, to make like enough classes for it to be interesting, with 5 skill sets of 10 each. That is 50 spells each class, and most good ORPGs have over 15 classes. That is 750 abilities.

Not even the best mappers could think of that many abilities, let alone have them be good.

As for the rest of it...sounds good.

;),
Knights :cool:

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
not all classes have unique skill sets, for instance, there is just basic, combat skills, which is given to just about every melee hero, also, you have no idea as to the extents of my imagination, mostly because there isnt one, bit trust me, i can do this!

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
btw, i have started, from the moment i posted it, i had started making it, and i am as i write this. and i know, yeah its a lot, but i can do it.

B

bugi_bi

well you know the idea is great...at least to me..but there are stuff that you didnt say and really matters to me and gameplay..
what theme will the game have...warcraft theme?...
and multiplayer or single player?
would it have save code?
if you need ideas look trough the game Fable..it can inspire you greatly..
i dunno what to suggest now...

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
I have a lone wonder...why by making an AoS that will 'probably reach DotA' you also make another project?

Oninuva

Reaction score
Bunnyburn said:
Well, as most of you know, there are more rpgs out there than grains of sand on a beach, but I want to make one that isn't really an rpg. I want to make one that is insanley realistic, not counting non-existing things such as monsters, magic, etc. For instance, there is no such thing as an invulnerable shopkeep, if you feel like killing the shopkeep, and making all the other players hate you, go ahead, if you wanna kill the quest givers, and just take the reward, go ahead, all these things have punishments howevor, you get caught attacking people in the town, you'll get arrested, and actually be locked in a prison, you can escape of course, but your items, weapons, etc, are teken, and escaping a prison full of guards, while weaponless, is hard. Also, unless you find ur items, there gone for good. Of course you can serve your time, and be free, items and all. You can get diseased, become cursed, become a vampire, werewolve, and all sorts of other contaigous transormations. Also, instead of just picking from five abilities when you level up, you pick from five skill sets, each with about ten abilities. Also, with a slew of magic items and spellsbooks chock full of magics, there is no limit the the customizability of your hero. Instead of your stats going up a specific amount every time you level, you get skill points each level up, allowing further customization. There are tons of quests, guilds to join, wars to be fought. With no limit to what you can do, anything is possible, you can pickpocket other players items, or replace their potions with poison, assassinate important people, take over kingdoms, or start your own. Actually build your own castle, placing walls, towers, etc wherever you please. Forge weapons, create potions, enchant items, and hire mercenaries.
There are caves to explore, monsters to slay, and dungeons to plunder.

Yeah thats a lot, but if yu guys like it, i can do it, i have a seroius devotion to map making, i map 5-6 hours daily, so i could do this. Any ideas would be greatly appriciated, and please, if your gonna say sumthin abut hw this is impossible, or nobody could do it, then just dont reply, because i can do this, i wont if you all hate it, but i could... i could.

Please, Please. Improve your spelling or atleast check it. And if you want to list a number of content you can use bullets. Like this:

• Bullet 1
  • Bullet 2
  • Bullet 3

You could use that where you had the warewolves/vamp things. But other than that good map. Rep if I see screenshots.

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
as i said, i cant jst work on one map, unless i work on at least three (im also making brotherhood, a 2 player coop rpg) i will run out of inspiration, youd be durprised how many ideas you can get if your making three different maps at once, because they all seem to carry over. And my spelling, sry, i rush my typing, and bullets, ha, like im organized.

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
i though of a real good idea for talking and stuff, would it be possible to have jsut a dialog box, with the title being all long, like what the npc is saying, and then a single dialog button thats like, "OK", then when clicked and it closes the dialog box, plz answer?

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
here is the minimap so far, i started this in a 96X96, and im enlarging as i go, so its small, and highly undetailed. And a screenshot of the picnic area overlooking a river and graveyard. Another screenshot is of a riverside lounging area overlooking a militia training area (weird views huh :D )

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
i was wondering if weapon making/potion making should be limited to one class eg. armorer/alchemist, or if any1 can d it, provided they have materials, etc.
I want YOUR ideas. Shoot.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
You know how you said about mutation right? That sounds quite interesting. For example: (May may already have this in but...)

Vampire: At day or night, you have the power to transform into a vampire. During the day, you burn until you die, or revert to your human form. As playing a vampire, you control the night, you can ambush those in your way, you are invisible, and you use the creatures of the night into your favor. Posses them to use their sight as yours. You may fly by changing into a bat. The way to live: KILL for BLOOD! You are allied to night mutants, but sworn enemies to day dwellers.

Werewolf: At 12:00 (midnight), you automatically change into a werewolf. As a werewolf, you are slick, swift, sly, stealthy, silent, deadly, and ferocious. The most delicious thing you can ever have was HUMANS! Hunt them down with the night dwellers and kill!

Werebear: Much like a werewolf, you change into a werebear at 12:00. Problem is, you must kill those who endanger the wilds. You power is off the charts, but you speed sinks to a speed of 22 MPH. Humans for example have razed the forests and used animals for their own. All a werebear thinks about is: REVENGE! Night creatures are also enemies so be aware!

Falcon: At will, you may change into a falcon. You have a large radius of sight and protect the humans. You feed on roaches, spiders, or anything for that matter except humans. Your sworn enemies are the night rulers.

Demon: Unlike any mutant, you have the power to change into a demon. Randomly, it occurs and you can't control it. The higher level you are, the less often you change into one. However, you are enemies to everybody but others of your kind: other Demons. You control chaos and wreak havoc to anyone who stands in your way. Demons have destructive powers enough to leave a army of 500 men helpless.

Zerg Hydralisk: Though rarely found on the planet, 1 out of a hundred billionth people have this amazing power. As a Zerg, you can shoot anything whether the police, or players. You are neutral but can get into some serious trouble. For example, if you are caught and have escaped, the police will send helicopors to find you. Zerg are terrifing especially when allying in multiplayer games where they own others quick.

D

Demongo55

Bunnyburn said:
as i said, i cant jst work on one map, unless i work on at least three (im also making brotherhood, a 2 player coop rpg) i will run out of inspiration, youd be durprised how many ideas you can get if your making three different maps at once, because they all seem to carry over.

Lol, your like me :D . I get bored of one map and start working on another, until I get bored of working on that one, and start on another. Then I consider how cool my original was, and go back to that. Its an endless cycle :rolleyes:

Speaking of which, Thanatos here gave me a few good ideas :shades:

But enough about that.

I like the idea of command and conquor. I like to have a hero whos relativly weak, but relys on his powerful army to command the world, making all fear. Problem is, most games make it so the hero gets too strong for the units. Please, make them vulnerable. I don't want a dude with 9 auras, 3 of which I have no idea what they do, come at my entire army only to slaughter all of them with attacks that seem to move quicker then at all possible.

Whenever you make a map like this, is always seems that 256x256 just isn't enough...

One question though: What happens upon death?

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Demongo55 said:
Lol, your like me :D . I get bored of one map and start working on another, until I get bored of working on that one, and start on another. Then I consider how cool my original was, and go back to that. Its an endless cycle :rolleyes:

Speaking of which, Thanatos here gave me a few good ideas :shades:

But enough about that.

I like the idea of command and conquor. I like to have a hero whos relativly weak, but relys on his powerful army to command the world, making all fear. Problem is, most games make it so the hero gets too strong for the units. Please, make them vulnerable. I don't want a dude with 9 auras, 3 of which I have no idea what they do, come at my entire army only to slaughter all of them with attacks that seem to move quicker then at all possible.

Whenever you make a map like this, is always seems that 256x256 just isn't enough...

One question though: What happens upon death?

1. Lol, your like me :D . I get bored of one map and start working on another, until I get bored of working on that one, and start on another. Then I consider how cool my original was, and go back to that. Its an endless cycle :rolleyes:

Same here :D....I started working on the Twisting Nether RPG, then Feudal Japan, and now New Projects. The two maps have to wait a while. My personality too.

2. Speaking of which, Thanatos here gave me a few good ideas :shades:

Well, I have a mind of ideas and not art :D!

3. Whenever you make a map like this, is always seems that 256x256 just isn't enough...

Yeah, I wish Blizzard would add another one like: 512x512 or 1024x1024 :(.

4. One question though: What happens upon death?

Hmmm.....a very good question indeed....it's probably obvious that you lose the game or you pay to revive.

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
im an thinking of making death a big deal, not the end of course, what kinda game is that. But at least a 2-3 hero level reduction and loss of al your gold, to pay the priests.

D

Demongo55

Bunnyburn said:
im an thinking of making death a big deal, not the end of course, what kinda game is that. But at least a 2-3 hero level reduction and loss of al your gold, to pay the priests.

Alright. That makes sence.

Keep us updated :eek:

P

PooEater

wow, this looks cool, if you actually do it, id play it all way fast.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Bunnyburn said:
i though of a real good idea for talking and stuff, would it be possible to have jsut a dialog box, with the title being all long, like what the npc is saying, and then a single dialog button thats like, "OK", then when clicked and it closes the dialog box, plz answer?

Do you know how to edit? You are triple posting some times. Thats agiast rules?

P

PooEater

Thanatos_820 said:
1. Lol, your like me :D . I get bored of one map and start working on another, until I get bored of working on that one, and start on another. Then I consider how cool my original was, and go back to that. Its an endless cycle :rolleyes:

Same here :D....I started working on the Twisting Nether RPG, then Feudal Japan, and now New Projects. The two maps have to wait a while. My personality too.

2. Speaking of which, Thanatos here gave me a few good ideas :shades:

Well, I have a mind of ideas and not art :D!

3. Whenever you make a map like this, is always seems that 256x256 just isn't enough...

Yeah, I wish Blizzard would add another one like: 512x512 or 1024x1024 :(.

4. One question though: What happens upon death?

Hmmm.....a very good question indeed....it's probably obvious that you lose the game or you pay to revive.

Actually, i played a map set on 540X540 or sumthin like that, i think the guy used the WEU, or sumthin like that

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
PooEater said:
Actually, i played a map set on 540X540 or sumthin like that, i think the guy used the WEU, or sumthin like that

WHAT THE... :eek: :eek: :eek:!!! You got to be kidding me. I need that system for my World of Naruto RPG map!!! Where can I find it :D!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.