New Gen Editor?

YaY_simulato

Reaction score
Ok, i have experienced only good from this forum, so i trust ALOT helpers and their answers etc. :)

Now i have been using the normal WE. But im thinking to start using the New Gen editor perhaps.. Thou im not sure about the program (im very cauctious guys heh) So i think you people here know about it.

Couple of questions:

1. Is it SAFE?
2. Does it differ much from orginal WE?
3. Is your orginal WE updated into New Gen WE?
4. I assume that you can open all the same maps as orginal WE can and you can play the maps without having New Gen WE (like with my friends in B.net and so on)?

Thanks in advantage! :D

P.S. I tried looking tutorials and rescourses by words: new gen, nothing came up so i decided to post here. And + rep for helpers! :)

Tichondrius

Reaction score
1. Is it SAFE?
I've yet to experience a problem with it. It is very safe.

2. Does it differ much from orginal WE?
Mostly if you're coding with Jass. However there are some features that are helpful even if you don't use Jass. You'll notice changes as soon as you open it.

3. Is your orginal WE updated into New Gen WE?
No

4. I assume that you can open all the same maps as orginal WE can and you can play the maps without having New Gen WE (like with my friends in B.net and so on)?
Yes

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Same with me.
I have yet to experience a problem with NewGen.
It has a lot of cool things even if you don't use JASS.

I'd definitely recommend downloading it ;) !

YaY_simulato

Reaction score
Thanks for answering mates! Ill rep you all if i can :D

I think im going to get newgen right away hehe, its good that theres advantages even if you dont use jass, since i have no idea how to even use it haha :D

Thanks once more!

EDIT:
One little silly question more... Where do i download it? :p Since i tried google with newgen world editor, the 1st link was jass new gen package 1.5b

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This thread contains the latest version.

EDIT: I really shouldn't idely sit for ages :p

YaY_simulato

Reaction score
NICE! That was fast and thanks alot again! :) Realy much appriciated.

I just extract it to WC3 folder or does it need its own folder?

YaY_simulato

Reaction score
I think i got it in use now :D Thanks!

But when i loaded my custom campaing it said that "this map has been made by a more recent version of the world editor, it may have data that cannot be used in this editor, continue loading map?". I assume its ok? :D

And whats the NewGen Warcraft in that package? o_O

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
NewGen Warcraft? No idea. Never used it.

The most recent version stuff is to be ignored. The way I see it, NewGen is essentially an add-on to the most basic, unpatched version of Blizzard's editor, so the editor will see maps as being from newer versions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.