Ninja_Sheep's question thread.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
:( :( :(

ok, then i have to fix it with an other trigger.

thx anyway

But new triggers do new questions:

Question 17: Solved

Is this trigger MUI???

Code:
Event:
   Unit- A unit finishes the traning of a unit
Condition:
   (unit-type of (trained unit)) = MyUnit
Action:
   If, then else, action:
      Condition:
         (MyArea contains (position of(trained unit))) = true
      Then:
         Unit- Order (trained unit) to move a Center of (MyArea 2)
      Else:
         Unit- Order (trained unit) to move at Center of (MyArea 3)
   Wait 2.00 seconds
   Unit- Order (trained unit) to hold position

Im pretty sure this trigger is not MUI, but how do i get it MUI?!

thanks in advanced.

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
well if u remove the wait it would be MUI......
making MUI is pretty hard in GUI
if u can MPI is easier to do....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We are still looking for Jassers"

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
OK, then i got to find an other way to do it.

Question 18: Solved by doing other thing

This trigger dont works, how do i fix it?

Code:
Event:
   Every 2 seconds of game time (just example)
Condition:
   8unit-type of (ordered unit)) = MyUnit
Action:
   Order (Units in MyArea) to hold position

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
There is no "ordered unit" with that event.

You do know that you don't need to type triggers here?
A right-click on your trigger's name offers "copy as text". Ready for pasting here.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Question 19:

Is there a way to change the terrain? for exapmle i want to do water on a spot, where gras was before. Is this possible? how?

Thanks in advanced.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I didn't quite understand you... but do you mean to change the terrain so water appears?

If so, you can use the deep water or shallow water tool and click the terrain to create water..

If you don't want the weird cliff things, I think you have to make your whole map water with the deep or shallow water tool, then raise the land and plateau the land so that you are able to lower the land to become water.

An alternative way is to use INfraNe's water plane doodad to create much better and transparent water. :D

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
I know that. lol. Thx anyway

I wanna change the terrain IN GAME. I saw a map, in wich you can choose a terrain at the beginning (EotA). So there must be a way to do this :>

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen that to. I don't have WE open, but I don't think there's a trigger to do that. But I don't have World Editor open, so I don't know.

Maybe it can work for JASS, but I have absolutely no experience with JASS. I can only do GUI.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
OK, i looked in WE. I just found things you can change the high of the terrain and the type of ground, but i didn't find any way to change for expample gras to water

edit:
New question:
Question 20: Solved

I got those 2 triggers

Code:
Event:
   If sadcasödlktro (doesn't matter)
Condition:
Action:
   Run MyTrigger

Code:
Event:
Condition:
Action:
Do smthing (doesn't matter what)
Turn off this trigger

Here's the problem: I want the second trigger to run only once, but the first shall run multiple times. How can i do that?

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
OK, i got another problem now... (with same trigger)

I got an action, that adds this event:

Code:
If a unit comes with in range of MyVariableUnit
[/CODE]

So, this is the action in the 1. trigger. Will it cause leaks if i add more events? such as... 500 events?

Here's trigger:

Code:
Event:
   Doesn't matter
Condition:
Action:
   Run MyTrigger
Or your solution:
   IF:
      MyTrigger is on = true
   Then:
      Run MyTrigger

Code:
Event:
Condition:
Action:
   Add to (1. trigger) the event (A unit comes withing range of 80 of MyVariableUnit)

If i take my solution it adds events over and over again. And your solution doesn't works because it doesn't take the Variable. It just takes the unit in the variable...
[/CODE]

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> it adds events over and over again

Well, then don't...

If (myUnitGroup contains <unit>) equal to false then
- Unit group - Add <unit> to myUnitGroup
- Trigger - Add event...

Occasionally, it happens that you get better replies when you forget about the perceived solution, and explain what the actual problem is.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
> it adds events over and over again

Well, then don't...

- Trigger - Add event...

Occasionally, it happens that you get better replies when you forget about the perceived solution, and explain what the actual problem is.

hmmm... okaaaay... But i think you understood it.

Code:
- Trigger - Add event...

Hmmm, that would be a better solution. But isn't it possible to change those 3 lines of trigger with Jass?
THX :D

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Question 21:
Code:
Event:
   A unit comes within 800 of MyUnit
Condition:
Action:
   Set Distanz_UnitTooMyUnit = (Distance between (Position of (Triggering unit)) an (Position of MyUnit))
   Set Pull_Direction = (angle from (Position of (Triggering unit)) to Position of MyUnit))
   For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Integer((Distanz_UnitTooMyunit))), do actions
      Loop - actions:
         Move (Triggering unit) instantly to ((position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 10 towards Pull_Direction degrees)
         Wait o.o1 seconds

What shall it do? Move the unit behind the MyUnit. The speed is: 10*100 (10= offset, 100= 0,01) per second. This does 1000 range per second. But why it doesn't works? (I attached Map + replay)

EDIT:
Question 22: Solved
This dont works. Why?

Code:
Event:
   A unit gets an order with an object as target
Condition:
   (Issued order) = (Order((Name of MySpell)))
Action:
   Doesn't matter

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
EDIT:
Question 22:
This dont works. Why?

Code:
Event:
   A unit gets an order with an object as target
Condition:
   (Issued order) = (Order((Name of MySpell)))
Action:
   Doesn't matter

You mean "A unit is issued an order targetting an object"?

Also, you don't use the spell name, but rather the base order ID, like coldarrowson rather than Cold Arrows.

Anything.

Reaction score
Um, because the order is like 'Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning' not 'Ultimate Blade of 00ber Lightning Bolt FTW'?

Eh, what are you getting at? Your trigger so far would work anytime any unit is told to do anything.

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
can u give us the copied original version?
we can't help u like this.......

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
owww... k, here's the full trigger:

Code:
Event:
   A unit is issued an order targetting an object
Condition:
   Issued order = o(order((Name of MySpell))) (MySpell is based on  the hammer throwing spell )
Action:
   Set Caster = Ordered unit
   Set C_fly_hight = (Default flying height of (ordered unit))
   Set Grapped_Unit = (Target unit of issued order)
   Change caster flying height to 45 at 2000
   Order Caster to move at (Position of Grapped_Unit)
   Wait 0.5 seconds
   Add classification of Land-Unit to Caster
   Remove classification of an air-unit from Caster
   Run MyTrigger1 (checking conditions)
   Turn on MyTrigger2

lol, im tipping my ass off :) Hope this will help

edit:
You mean "A unit is issued an order targetting an object"?

exactly!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.