Non-channelling arial shackles

Reaction score
I wish to make the arial shackles spell not require the unit that casts it to channel the spell (like the lockdown spell for ghosts in Starcraft). I looked around in the object editor and found nothing. Any ideas help.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
how about making a dummy spell that when cast, creates a unit to cast aerial shackels for you. and create a periodic timer to move the dummy unit into your caster.

Reaction score
I haven't really got any idea how to do that, though i do know what you're talking about.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
well:
Code:
E
A unit Starts the effect of an Ability
C
A
Set Caster = Triggering Unit
Unit - Create 1 dummy for Owner of Caster at Position of CAster facing ...
Unit - Add a (your duration here) Generic Expiration timer for Last Created Unit
Unit Group - Add Last Created Unit to dummy group
Code:
E
Every .15 seconds
C
A
Unit Group - Pick Every unit in dummy group and do Actions
    Unit - Move Picked Unit instantly to (Position of Caster)
Hope this helps!:D

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
I don't get you trigger Xenim..
Code:
Event
A unit starts the effect of an ability
Condition
Ability being cast equal to No Channel Shackel
Action
set Loc = (Position of Triggering unit)
Create 1 dummy for owner of (Triggering unit) at Loc facing bla
Add Shackle to last created unit
Add an 5 second expirition timer to Last Created unit
Order last created unit to Human - Aerial Shackel (target unit of ability being cast
call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc)

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Wait there is no need to make a trigger there is something to make it not channel! In the object editor go to the abillity.

find where where it says casting time and make it 0. I think that is it but i dont have WE right now so see if you can find what im saying if not copy and paste everything you see on the ability and post it and let me show you what you need to change to not chanel it. I know that you can I have done it before.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Make it entangling roots...?

Change the buff, however, to look like aerial shackles. It could be storm bolt, even. Because with shackles, there's the red lightning that connects the unit. I don't know, maybe you want that.

Also, the "Sanctuary" and "Big Bad Voodo" buffs will probably look good as well. You know, like Shadow Word in DotA?

PooBucket

Reaction score
The only thing I know of is EXACTLY like Aeriel Shackles is Entangling Roots as he said above. The only problem is, no matter what you do, Entangling Roots cannot target air.

Reaction score
i used storm bolt and changed the duration and anims and it worked, ty!

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
If you make it so that all units can hit air, you can make a unit have the "Flying" movement, making it have zero collision, give it a height (around 300 is average, I believe), and make it targeted as ground. That should work.

The reason I'm saying this is because, since I don't change buffs that much, and I keep the new buff the same as the old one to prevent fatal errors. I think that if you base it off of storm bolt, other stun abilities might also show the shackles buff. Like War Stomp. I dunno, I'm not certain about this stuff.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.