US News North Carolina church to burn ‘Satan’s books,’ including works of Mother Teresa

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A Baptist Church near Asheville, N.C., is hosting a "Halloween book burning" to purge the area of "Satan's" works, which include all non-King James versions of the Bible, popular books by many religious authors and even country music.

The website for the Amazing Grace Baptist Church in Canton, N.C., says there are "scriptural bases" for the book burning. The site quotes Acts 19:18-20: "And many that believed, came and confessed and shewed their deeds. Many of them also which used curious arts, brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver. So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed."

Church leaders deem Good News for Modern Man, the Evidence Bible, the New International Version Bible, the Green Bible and the Message Bible, as well as at least seven other versions of the Bible as "Satan's Bibles," according to the website. Attendees will also set fire to "Satan's popular books" such as the work of "heretics" including the Pope, Mother Teresa, Billy Graham and Rick Warren.

"I believe the King James version is God's preserved, inspired, inerrant and infallible word of God," Pastor Marc Grizzard told a local news station of his 14-member parish.

Last edited:

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Really? They are going to burn the Bible, even if its not their direct version of it? Do they not understand that they are simply a small branch in the big tree known as Christianity? It just all sounds ... disrespectful ...

Thank GOD I don't believe in any deity (no pun intended).

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
And this is why religion fail to me:( A preacher says one thing, the psychology of the mass kicks in and everyone does as the morron says:(

@Meowier: The thing you are talking about is by history reffered to as the crystal night and that has been done by the christians before as well:(

I just hate when these things get people stuck in medieval thinking:(

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Cliché after cliché, "medieval thinking", "Nazi's", whatever.

Lots of people burn lots of things. These guys are just idiots. It has nothing to do with God even if they're a church (of 14 people, lol).

Relating this to religion at all is like saying God was behind the holocaust. Even if you think he was, he wasn't.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Jesus4Lyf I could not agre more either, but you got it wrong.
I don't dislike religion, I just hate when things turn out like this because of a group of people with a common interrest:p

It's the psychology of the mass that is behind this one, it could just as easely have been a nazi or a teacher leading that group;)

Why do you people always think of it as if I hate religion?:(

Edit: Perhaps I should explain further what I mean:)
The psychology of the mass means this:
When a person is in a group of people, and they descide to do something bad like burning books, it is much easier to do it because that it is not your fault specifically as much as it is the groups fault.
I wrote an essay about this back when I was reading psychology, and one of the conclusions I made in that was that the same behavioral pattern goes for people that drink alcohol. Most people are ashamed to drink it alone, and when they go to a party where most people drink, then it is not a shameful thing anymore. Do you get my point now?

Edit2: btw, Jesus4Lyf, how can this not be related to religion when it was a christian preacher that told his christian group to burn bibles?
Last time I checked, christianity was a religion:p

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
>Jesus4Lyf I could not agre more either, but you got it wrong.

Err...

>btw, Jesus4Lyf, how can this not be related to religion when it was a christian preacher that told his christian group to burn bibles?

Let's say a Communist leader tells his Communist group to burn down TheHelper.net. Therefore, this must obviously prove that Communism is bad, and totally related to this!

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I burn trees after I cut them up and stuff. When I was at a church camp thing I was told to get wood so we could put it in the fire. Therefore, when I burned that wood it was for God because a priest told me to do it. I am so holy....

Meowier

Reaction score
Haha. I wasn't relating god to the holocaust... or even nazism. I'm just comparing the fact that nazis burnt books.

I don't believe burning books is a good thing, it seems so wasteful...

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
>btw, Jesus4Lyf, how can this not be related to religion when it was a christian preacher that told his christian group to burn bibles?

Let's say a Communist leader tells his Communist group to burn down TheHelper.net. Therefore, this must obviously prove that Communism is bad, and totally related to this!

I said that it could just a likely have been a group of nazis doing this, it might as well have been communists or even a darn school class:p

The thing I was saying is that these things proves my theory that any belief, or anything else that get's a group of people together with a common interrest can turn bad because of the thing I tried to explain.

What jesus4lyf did not get or you for that matter is that I am not clanking down on religion specifically, I am just pointing out one of it's fails that was actually the reason for this to happen:) Anything where a people put a "greater purpose" in front of themselves is, sadly enought, bound to fail in some way:(

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
What a waste of good paper, seriously....

Toilet Paper
Scratch Paper
Recycled Paper
Etc

:banghead:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.