Only 5 learnable abilities? and other questions..

unju

Reaction score
Heya there, I am looking for help!

1)I know about spell books and, in fact, I incorporated them into my map. The problem is, I want one spell book per hero, and a hero can only LEARN 5 abilities. I want to have around 8 abilities per hero, and my idea was to have 2-3 passive ones showing on the UI, while the other 5-6 would be accessed via spell book. But when my hero levels up he can only learn one of 5 abilities... =( I am trying to stay away from 2 spellbooks. Any ideas??

2)I also would like to have only the hero killing a unit to get all the XP, instead of it being shared among all heroes. I have changed in gameplay constants "Hero XP - Global distribution" to false, but to no avail...heroes still get a share of the XP. What am I doing wrong?

3)Is there a way to change or have access to the revival time of a hero in triggers?

Thanks a lot, aprecciate it!

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
2.)

If u meant only the one that killes the unit gets exp. that can be done with triggers. Just use give exp to killing hero. And also set exp range in Advanced -> Constants to 0.

If all attacking units gain exp well then I dont know how to do it

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
1) Feel free to read all spellbook tutorials on TheHelper net

2)Do W!tA_cRaft said ;)

3)just a leaderboard and 'wait' triggers should be enough

unju

Reaction score
Thx for this, guys =)

As I said, I know of spell books but they don´t help me in having more than 5 LEARNABLE abilities for heroes.

As for 2), the solution seems like it can work perfectly =)

As for 3), the problem comes when a hero starts reviving, immediately after they die -I want it to be like this. But how can I know how much time each hero takes reviving? "Waits" certainly don´t help, I mean they might help with JASS, but not when I am basing the hero revival time off the hero stats in the object editor + game play constant "Hero -revival time factor" or something like that.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
more than 5 learnable...hmm ever played molten core?
it has a cute system with dummy abilities...you should check it out. and no, the map isn't protected ;)
link

unju

Reaction score
2.98 Megas...this brings up the question: why can´t I open big mods like dota all stars or champions of durance? It gave me a weird error about memory leaks or sumthing, it was a while ago and I am not at home.

Thanks tho, I´ll try my best to get it.

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
its because the map is protected, meaning that the creator (well almost always the creator :rolleyes: ) has made the map un-openable to others so that other players cant like change the name of the creator of the game, or put a cheat in the game, that they will remember, making them like invunerable or giving them plus 200000 damamge , etc etc

unju

Reaction score
Funny enough, I have your spell book example in my hard disk already. It´s not exactly I am looking for -if I recall correctly you have several spell books, and leveling one of em makes an ability available or levels up an existing one.

I do aprecciate your hard work a lot.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.