Orb bug?

Drenferalis

Reaction score
I am using Orb of Slow for its ability to use abilities on attack. (Attack a unit to cast an ability/uses an active ability as a passive.)

When I have an item using this effect (100% chance on all types) it works with creeps(Neutral Hostile) but not player/computer units.

The Data - Effect Ability is doom.

I am not using any other orb item/abilities.

Why would this be happening?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Autocast-on-attack orbs only work when the unit has been ordered to attack; if it is sitting still and auto-acquires a target, the orb will not do anything. The Neutral Hostile AI is probably ordering its units to attack, while a player might not.

[edit] Also make sure the spell is not using mana (or at least not more than you want to consume per attack, if you do.)

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
Autocast-on-attack orbs only work when the unit has been ordered to attack; if it is sitting still and auto-acquires a target, the orb will not do anything. The Neutral Hostile AI is probably ordering its units to attack, while a player might not.

[edit] Also make sure the spell is not using mana (or at least not more than you want to consume per attack, if you do.)

yes, just like dota's Geminate Attack. geminate attack is just on searing arrows with no bonus damage

Drenferalis

Reaction score
Since when has doom been auto cast? Not what im trying to do. When i attack, i want the unit to become doomed. Only creeps become doomed. The player units I am attacking are targeted as ground and the allowed targets on the unit, orb, and spell include ground. Works on sleeping creeps as well.

Weep

Reaction score
Oh, you mean it works when attacking creeps? I thought you mean the ability only worked when creeps have the ability.

What exactly do you have as the allowable targets for Doom? Are your intended player targets heroes, or do they have resistant skin?

Drenferalis

Reaction score
They are attacking footmen and night elf archers with level at 4.

The player units I am attacking are targeted as ground and the allowed targets on the unit, orb, and >>>>spell<<<< include ground.

Spell meant doom. Ill post a demo map, but it works there, there are no triggers effecting any how related to the spell, orb effect, unit attacking, or unit being attacked.

The only references to the item are to upgrade to it.

Here is a link to the map in question on epic war, it is not protected, and it is edited for debugging that specific item (Bow - Amethyst):
The Endless War

Attachments

• Bowtest.w3x
    16.8 KB · Views: 126

Weep

Reaction score
So, what exactly is the problem? I added some Footmen for Player 2 and they were properly Doomed.

Weep

Reaction score
I played that map and the footmen which spawned (after -skip) became properly doomed (as long as I ordered my archer to attack as I mentioned earlier).

Drenferalis

Reaction score
So thats what you meant ^.^ is there any workaround for this?

Edit:

Nevermind, Did it.

Trigger:
  • Amethyst
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Custom value of (Attacking unit)) Not equal to 1
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • ((Attacking unit) has an item of type Bow - Amethyst) Equal to True
          • ((Attacking unit) has an item of type Sword - Amethyst) Equal to True
          • ((Attacking unit) has an item of type Staff - Amethyst) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Attacking unit) to 1
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Attack (Attacked unit)
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Attacking unit) to 0

Weep

Reaction score
All require triggering. You can either trigger the unit to always attack (which has its own problems, such as interfering with Hold Position), or instead give the item a plain buff-placing orb effect like Orb of Frost, use a damage detection system (vJASS, GUI) and detect when a unit takes damage and has that specific buff, then remove the buff and have a dummy unit cast Doom on the target.

That last solution is the most reliable, but the least convenient. :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.