Other Orbiting Battle

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
1. intentonal untill i start polishing it
2. same as 1

as for the terrain most likely ill use the island one that someone had premade <he snet me his map, course he would get full credit for it>

as for the movement system, would you prefer for click <more precie shooting> or WASD?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Major Changes

Added the variable system for weapon changes

Added a new aim system, Right mouse button
- This system detect how far away you clicked and that will determine which weapon you fire.
-Core <finished>
-Polished <In progress>

Ive took the map to the seas, this allows me to have creeps and make the game AoS styled.

Bases, each team would have an AoS styled base, this means you have to stock missles in your base. The bases will not orbit.

If possible i would like to rename the remake into something more.... sea fairing.

anyways im polishing teh bulk of the cores and engines right now for optimal proformance <most low end comps might and or will experience lagg, i am working on lowering that lagg>

Systems in progress

Shielding system
-Your shields serve as your primary defense, its like having another extra stack of hp.
-Damage will be redirected to the shields in % amounts, this is determined by how much shielding is left

-Example: You take 100 damage, you have 100/100 shielding, thats 100%. This means 100% of that 100 damage will be redirected to your shields, this means that the next attack on that unit will deal full damage instead of a reduced amount. Or, if you take 50 damage and you have 75/100 shielding, the shields will take 37.5 damage and your ship will take 12.5 damage, the end results would be a remainder of 38 <rounded up> shield points remaining.

-ok, i just typed a text blob, to sum it up for whoever is too lazy or cant take that much math into account <trust me, i know people in real life that gets confused with this stuff> its basically. Every time you take damage, your armor is reduced, thus making you take more and more damage every time you get hit.

Heat System
-Woo finally int will be taken as a useful stat! Not only that, but thats the only stat that gives a premade function <mana regen>
For every 1 point in int <cooling> your mp regen will increase by 1
Items that heat up your ship <IE: Engines> will decrease the int stat directly.
-The heat buildup will not turn into fire unless
-you fire a projectile
-you are hit by something that ignite <yes I'm adding fire weapons to the game that will abuse this system>
FIRE IGNORES THE SHIELD SYSTEM

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Shielding system compeat - Absorbs damage, the lower sheilds you have, the more damage leaks to your ship.

Pathing system compeat - you do not warp around when you hit somewhere you normaly cant move, instead you sit there untill you turn

Collision system compeat - try to ram into a ship? both ships will take 400 dps (4 damg every 1 miliseconds), any allied killed in this manner has the kill point go to the other computer, the exp will also be shared as if the computer killed the unit

THIS MEANS NO DENYS

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Lmao, I had so fun hahaha Playroom!!! I spent 2 hours just playin it cause I wanted to pwn Player 2, and now I have mastered aim :p

Off Topic: How do you change custom title?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
you need rep, i 4get how much

and thanks for playing in the playroomv1, but ive made a new and improved version <not yet released, still polishing>

ill realease it after i import 2 files

Playroom v2 release! Dl is on this post and first post!

New systems

Click based attacks
-Homeing missle
-Missle <to acess this change the units in the secondary or primary weapon variables>
-Naval battles + collsions
-Hull system
-Multiplayer compatable <for the most part>

Attachments

• Aviaton wars.w3x
    49.6 KB · Views: 192

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
bump, the 2nd version has been out for a while

Progress

Added instant weapons <creeps use this>
Added first 2 types of creeps

T1: Fast melle attacker, used for tanking damage and dealing a small amount of damage at a fast rate, Uses the defult 10 damage cannon for it's weapon. These ships do less damage to towers.

T2: Slow long ranged bombarder, first to utilize the new tech of seige weapons <fires overhead> these ignore your ship's hull and deals damage stright to your core. They have significantly less hp then the Type 1s but in groups they can decimate ships quickly. These ships also deal extra damage to towers.

T3: Type 3 is your heros ship, It runs in a overdrive system that allows it to fire any weapon simultinously. This system often leads to engine overheats, or the term FIRE!. It runs on 4 attributes. Power displays the % of damage your ship will deal with a weapon. Movement speed displays how fast the ship can move. And Cooling displays the rate in which the Engine cools at to prevent such cases of fire.

Weapons:
(defult) Cannon - Extreamly primitive, it blasts a chunk of rock at the target. <prime>
(defult) Missles - Has an onboard propulsion system that increses its speed as tiem passes. <2ndary>
Homeing missles - This missle looks for anything it can attack, it will fly to anythign it sees. <2ndary>
Fire gun - Sets a ship on fire. (weapon in progress) <prime>

Weapon types that will be introduced

Missle - Cruises untill it hits something
Instant - Instantly damages a target
Seige - Bombards the target area, ignores hull and deals AoE damage. This type is only avalible as a secondary weapon.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Bump + Moar progress

polished up the creeps, they are all rapid fireing but they have a short reload time inbetween bursts., now trying to figure out a way to spread the attacks out into an AoE feild

btw, if anyone would post something other then me, that would be great

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
releasing V3 playroom soon, the map is almost compleat

New systems
Unit spawns - creeps spawn in a 3 lane AoS style <a bit more polishing>

Removed systems
Ammo counter - Removed it so gameplay could be smoother

Next system to work on
Weapon exchange system - You buy the weapon and it beceomes unlocked in one of two weapon holders <which means there are 32 differnt weps in the game, i might add more> you train your unit to select that weapon. You must be in your base to change weapons.

Weapon Debuffs - A weapon would debuff its target <ie: fire will induce a dps fire effect on whatever it hits, or pushback which would literally push the target backwards.>

Hero Builder - After many requests for this, i will allow a hero build system. The system consists of two parts, one being the ship the other the captain. The ship is starting stats and ship model. The captain will determine stat growth and hero skills <thats right hero skills, but i plan to have 2 passives instead of the traditonal 1. All heros will have atleast one aura>

After i release v3, if possible can someone help me with the terraining for the map? ill give dtails if anyone wants to take the job <use the map as your base map, it has all the rects and such for refernceing>

btw, ive been talking to myself for 4 posts now, dose nayone care about this or is it just plane boreing to you guys....

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
5 posts, bump... no feedback on even v2? cmon now its been a whole week, ive seen new topics get more attention then me

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
6 posts bump

V3 is almost finished, the first of four abilities is compleat

The hero

Time Mage : An assasin of sort, he is usualy hired for quickly eliminateing targets. His powers allow him to manipulate time around him, this allows him to practically force a section of the world to step out of time and back. In a great war as this, such mages are essential to your army. The timemage has the following skills; <names are still being decided on>

Currently made skills.
Slow slow Kaboom!: The Time Mage distorts time within the propulsion systems of missles. The missle will now only move from its momentem alone, once the missle's momentem is gone the missle will explode harmlessly. A inexperienced mage might have difficulty in keeping the time distorted, if that is the case and the missle is able to return to the current time, then the missle's propulsion system is restored and the missle will accelerate as usual.

Note: The consumption of fuel is also lowered as the missle slows down.

In general, the skill will slow down the missles around the caster. If the missles come to a compleat stop then they will explode, if the effect wears off then the missle will speed along as usual.

currently not implemented skills

Time Lock : freezes everything except for this hero and any procetiles that come from this hero. The Time Mage locks time inside of an area around him, everything inside will be removed from the fabric of time for an unknown ammount of time. Anything that enters the feild will also be removed from time. Unforuently the feild only exists on ground level, this means that any projectile that comes from above will still escape the time lock.

You can hide, but you cant run! : Speeds up the combustion rates in all projectiles that come from the Mage, the projectiles will accelerate to their max speeds faster. The effect also increses the movement speed for the Time Mage.

Time Weaver: The Time Mage removes himself from the fabric of time. During this effect the Player woul have no controle over the Time Mage because the player is also unaware that the Mage now exists outside of time. During the Time Mage's short exile, he moves forward untill the effect wears off. The distance traveled increses with level and the Speed stat <agi>. (in simple terms, this skill is blink)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
this would make it what? 7 post bump by myself.. its been 2 days since

the map progress, ive been looking for ways to figure out how to get rid of the spikes, still no luck.

As of now the Weapon indexing system is compleat <this helps me shorten trigger codes> and the weapon buy system is compleat

Needed polishing:
Tooltips, every weapon says train a shade lol, fixing that but its low prioirity
Weapons keeper <every player has one> art, makeing it look pretty and putting it in a way where itll make sense <you can go though it but im makeing it so its something similar to a hologram, a shop comming out of a portal>

Plans:
3 shops, 15 Ship upgrades, 30 weapons <player owned shops>, Each Shop is toggable <rotates into the next shop, Short ranged weapons -> Long ranged weps -> upgrades -> short ranged weps>

Moar weapons, i only have 3 atm, 27 left to go!

Item sorting, items are sorted by type of abils and type of fire.
May it be missle type, instant type <short ranged only>, or seige type <long ranged only>by the collums. By the rows they are sorted by their abilities <may it be bounce attacks or setting things on fire, there will be a catagory for it>

In reality there is no weapon that is better then the others, you just have to find which weapons you are comfortable with.

After this most likely ill upload the first palyable version to the net, if the creeps still make it lagg then i will make the entire map PVP momentarily

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Like I said in my "ATS" thread, I think part of the problem is that people are waiting for your v.3 to come out.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
yea... i know

if you noticed the dungen map thread, im converting that into the terrain and ill release the extreamly experimental PvP version after i finish with some systems <like creep respawns and others>

I plan on renameing it Turtle Madness

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Creep systems removed untill further notice

Ill release it under a new thread with new info and screenys along with the map

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
yea.... atm this is actualy one of my older projects lol, this project has been remade into the turtle experiment, which i plan to continue later

Bullet hell was my last, and most compleat project

im currently working on destroy the core

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.