Other Orbiting Battle

master maste

Reaction score
You can't finish now, just give it a break for a week or so then come back.

Me and chovy didnt have it easy lots of people seemed to show interest but not alot happened, we started the project over a year and a half ago and spend the time until the last month doing nothing. . . every time a new system came along we learnt it and addapted but never used. . .

I'm working on this by myself at the moment as chovy and I only ever talk on msn offline (as in he leaves messages for me when im offline then I read them when i get back online) as he is spending more time with his family.

But I am more than willing to help you sort out your map and let you see into the magical mysterys of project orbitos :) (not even chovy has seen the current map :))

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
Hey I like the map, so far its good. (actully its awsome)

Id never be able to code that lawl.

A couple more stars would fit my taste, but thats just me.

Keep it up and it'll be an awsome map.

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Your doing good Psi (and master ;))
I'll try to pop in, in the next week or so. My life is still in upheaval at the mo.

..., im getting depressed, its as if all my hard work is being ignored. im just gona upload a open unprotected version, if anyone where to try to steal it, they would only steal an incompleat game.

Welcome to the life of a map maker. Now your getting into the real part of it. Just think of the satisfaction you'll get once it's done.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Holy crap your alive! anyways, i cant work on anything atm untill i get my laptop back

My main computer's hardrive blew up <again> so my bro took my laptop to collage, im now useing i dont even know what kind of comp this is, but it has 500mzh and 256ram... which is really low (oh yea and 32mbs of memory for the vid card T.T)

> Just think of the satisfaction you'll get once it's done.

Most likely im never going to end this, because if it gets popular, and i release the "final" version, after a wile ppl are not going to play it anymore (like ToB) If i learned anything from playing on battle.net the only reason why dota is still alive is because the developers <currently icefrog> has updated it for several years now, and they still are

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
LOL I just played your map. Its hilarous.

I think you've done a great job. Only thing is....I'd make the players ship faster maybe. And for that matter the weapons too.

Edit: i found a bug. The purple cannon makes a black hole not what it describes.
Edit2: ahhhh nvm about the speed. i didnt read the start properly.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
oh that, its not exactly a bug... its more like... my lazyness to rename my dummy ability <tooltip wise>

As for the Dummy abilities...

Reaper : Multi Lasers <homeing>
Galatica : Missle Barrage
Scilcia <sp?> : Black hole

These are the real names, i just never bothered to change them because i was so busy triggering them

and trust me, NEVER EVER spend all your stat on speed, you will fly so friken fast you cant control your ship!

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
A compleat overhaul

alright, its bin weeks since ive worked on this project, and due to popular demand i will finish and compleat this... after i finish some co projects im working on

List of things i will want to implement

Code:
[B][U]Virtual inventory[/U][/B]
your inventory slots will be replaced my ship customization options
to fix inventory problems, i will add a virtual inventory where the game keeps track of your items

Code:
[B][U]Item creation system[/U][/B]
You start with no Items, but with gold, enough to create a weapon
to create a Item, you buy parts from your home base and any combination of 3 will produce a skill, or in this case a weapon.
after the combo is finished, of course your virtual inventory will be wiped
The middle shop will sell parts that are on the black market, these parts are needed to create super items, but users beware, there will be negative side effects to these items
The items you create will be stored in your inventory, which is inside of your base
This system works like Spell Craft's skill creation system

Code:
[B][U]Level up[/U][/B]
i will scrap the custom stat growth system that i have
instead i will implement a new system where the higher your stat is, the more stat points is needed to level it up
you will get more stat points depending on your level
Code:
Example: Levels 1 to 5 = 3 stat points
                      Levels 6 to 10 = 5 stat points
                      Levels 11 - 15 = 7 stat points
                      etc...

Code:
[B][U]Inventory[/U][/B]
I will barrow Aviation Wars inventory system, where the items you create are stored in your inventory structures
You will have 5 different slots for items 
Weapon: This is your main attack

Advanced weapon: This is your secondary attack, these attacks will deal more damage then your normal attack, but at a higher mana cost and cooldown

Activate able Ability: This slot is for your activatable skills

Passive Ability: This is your passive ability slow

Armor: Armor generally increases your Hull stat at a cost to your agi

Code:
[B][U]Mother Ship[/U][/B]
This ship will have extra stats
However...
This ship dose not have the ability to create items
This is the only ship that will be the only ship with level able skills
This is the only ship that has a natural HP regeneration
This ship cannot be rebuilt
However...
A small escape pod will spawn for the mother ship's commander, more details later

Code:
[U]Escape Pod[/U]
This ship is a punishment for the player because he lost his mother ship
This ship is much weaker then the other ships
This ship looses all the skills the Mother ships has, along with its levels and stats
This ship gains the ability to create items, but cannot create black market items
This ship looses the Armor and Activatable ability equipment slots

PS: im still looking for someone to change the colors of that skin so that its metalic

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
not the new one, im currently messing around with the new methods that ive thought of, so far its going pretty well

Zedzy

ℑΣÐℑΨ
Reaction score
This sounds really cool! As said before, when is the Alpha coming out????

P.S. How did you get wasd movement?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
youll see once i get the playroom out (its gona be unprotected) but this is where most of the experiemntal triggers are being made

<note a bulk of the play room will actually be converted into the offical release versons>

As of now the WASD system is almost compleate, all thats left is a little bit value editing and it shuld be good to go!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! my obsession with oldschool arcade has come back!
The game now runs on a 8 directonal WASD system! with W and S to ctrl your speed and A and D to turn!

Oh btw, the bullet system is finished

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Playroom 1 will release on saturday

Playroom 1 will include
WASD System
W and S crontroles your speed while A and D turns you, you only have 8 frames of turning <mimicing the old arcade games>

The frist bullet, weak little bugger, 10 base damage
Damage system, Your Str = % damage delt
(IE: 50 str, 10 base damage. (50*.01)x10) = 5 damage <no reduction applied yet)

And of course, the punching bag, which is a fellow airplane, 100 hp goes down pretty fast <intended> use esc to revive him, dont worry no flying machines where harmed in this game

The collision system is still being tweaked on
The camera is still being tweaked on
and course the art is still being tweaked on

Saturday is release because tomarrow i wont be home

please note, all triggers that dont have anything in there or is kinda messy means that their not done yet, most of the presets are there because i have not finished the system that links and controles the presets <like the spawn system>

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Saturday is release, meaning tomarrow, i will work on the map tonight <its 11 pm atm, mostlikely ill realease it b4 i sleep <which is around 2am>>

as for screen shots, i cant really "capture" any action because i have ONE type of bullet at the moment <which i am currently patching>

[Update Saturday 12:25AM] PlayroomV1 released! The file is attached to the first post!

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
that was posted about a year ago

anyways, update on progress

Added a options system, they are mobile turrets that orbit your ship, they serve as both the anti missle system <damages the missles> and as an offensive if you decide to ram into another airship

Added missles, missles deal massive damage to a single target, upon launch they will fly slowly but would rapidly speed up. The max speed is the same as the bullet's normal speed. Useing this weapon takes skills because of its 1-2 second delay for it to start gaining rapid speed.

Added bombs, Bombs drop below you, this is the only means for you to damage the opponents port and sea ships

Currently testing

A new collision detection system <based off of phenixe fire>

if possible, can anyone give feedback on the playroom? how long did it take you to get a hang of the ctrls and so fourth. also if possible, suggestions?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
so when i dont have the map everyone asks for a link, and when i give it to them noone gives feedback.....

The new collision system is finished
New Heat system Finished!

Currently working on Ammo system

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Ammo system finished!

Ammo System - Missles have an ammo count, if you push the missles button in your inventory you will buy some for 50g one missle. Useing a missle uses up one charge.

Heat system - Every time you perform an offensive action your ship would build up heat. If you build up enough heat you would catch fire.

Fire - If you cought fire then your ship cannot perform any actions <this includes useing WASD> you will also take damage. If you die in the fire your reviveal time is incresed.

playroom v2 would be released soon!

in the playroom would include the following systems

WASD movement
1st Bullet <changed a bit>
1st Missle
2nd Missle
Ammo system
Heat system
Floating Text
Improved collision system <more effecent>
Creep spawns in center

and a question for everyone

is anyone even remotely intrested in this project anymore?

Had requests to bring back the click move system, so im brining it back <this also means rebinding some keys here and there

Zedzy

ℑΣÐℑΨ
Reaction score
I played it and thought it was pretty cool :thup:.

Just noticed a few things:
  1. When you shoot, you can see the bullets in the minimap.
  2. The hero has the Mountain King's names

I hope you get a good terrainer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.