Pathing blocker for air units

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
How would I create a pathing blocker for air units?
I need a zone which cant be accesed by air units.

X-maul

Reaction score
So in other words - it is not possible to create a zone, where flying units cant enter? (other than a radius around a point)

I just wanted to be able to do it like you can do it for ground :) (remove pathing in the pathing tab)

EDIT:
I tried to modify a footprint to block air units, but it seems that it is not possible. /:

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Open up the main window of the editor and open the "Pathing" layer(Hotkey: H). Choose the "No Fly Zones" brush and place them over the areas.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
You could also set the flying units to 'ground' mover and just making 'ground blockers' but I don't know how the rest of your game works

X-maul

Reaction score
The game is basically a recreation of "Grindlock TD" I use pathing blockers a lot for ground units, so that would not work /:

X-maul

Reaction score
Yes, I did make it work with the No Fly Zone, but I just wanted to know if there was something more simple instead of adding 100+ zones and adjust their placemants for each of them to fully block a zone for air units.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Well, the only thing I can think of would be to use the "No pathing" brush. You can paint that instead of having to place individual zones. However, that will also block ground units which is something it seems like you didn't want.

X-maul

Reaction score
hmm - that doesnt block air units. Well if it turns into a real problem I'll use the No Fly Zones.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.