Patroling

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Ok...That's nice...And we're supposed to read your mind to know what you've got already? :D Lol, post your trigger that isn't working so I can see what's wrong.

KrazYKoDO

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Ok...That's nice...And we're supposed to read your mind to know what you've got already? :D Lol, post your trigger that isn't working so I can see what's wrong.
well heres the thing... thats what i need A trigger i don't got one. ive been looking but can't find nething of the subject that i want

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Obviously all you have to do is create a region and order a preplaced unit to patrol to it. No, created units can't patrol. If you're making a TD, you have to select all of the units in their regions and blah and put them all into a unit group and order them as a unit group of last created units to patrol to blah.

KrazYKoDO

Reaction score
Rinpun said:
Obviously all you have to do is create a region and order a preplaced unit to patrol to it. No, created units can't patrol. If you're making a TD, you have to select all of the units in their regions and blah and put them all into a unit group and order them as a unit group of last created units to patrol to blah.
well first of all thats not helping im making a maze and i can't find out how to make them ptrol there :\
:banghead: :banghead:

DM Cross

Reaction score
What he said! :D

Hmm, Rinpun, created units cannot patrol? Why so?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
You can order last created unit to patrol to blah, but if you've created a group of twenty units, you'll only see the last one attempting to move, and he'll usually be in the middle of the pack, therefore making the patrol not work. You have to use unit groups.

Actually, this will work.

Unit Group - Order (Units in <unitcreationregion>) to Patrol To (Center of <destinationregion>)

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Do it manually then.

Code:
Events:
     Unit enters <region1>
Conditions:
Actions:
     Order (entering unit) to move to <region2>.

Code:
Events:
     Unit enters <region2>
Conditions:
Actions:
     Order (entering unit) to move to <region1>.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Patrol will work. Don't bother with complexity if it isn't needed.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Also, if you want it to be a computer controlled unit, you may want to add a condition such as:
Owner of Entering unit is equal to Player<whatever> <or Neutral Hostile/Passive>

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Yea, and my little action I edited into one of my older posts (look up) should be used in every little creation trigger. As long as no one else is in the spawning area, it should work.

DM Cross

Reaction score
OK, this is getting confusing because the three of us keep posting within 2 seconds of each other! Here is my idea for a created unit:

To CREATE the unit!
E: <Depends on if you want this running from map init, or after a time...Choose either Map Initilization, or Game time elapsed>
C:
A: Create <X amount> of <Y type of units> at Center of <RegionQ>

To PATROL the unit.
E: A unit enters <RegionQ>
C: Owner of Entering Unit is equal to <Whatever>
A: Issue Patrol to Entering Unit

However, if the unit is preplaced, you can merely pick the unit, I'm sure. Easy, simple, and everyone's happy! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.