PF usage???

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
aha now that i see that you should alos consider getting a new video card for sure, the one you have on board right now is a 32MB these days there up to 256, i just bought one like a week ago it improved all my games so much,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814131243
thats the one i got its damn good for the price. hmmmm then again im not sure whether ur on a PCI or AGP i recoomend u install belarc Advisor from http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html and then send me the log file via AIM or MSN if u have them

didnt find anything on the RM yet though, the order ofinstallation anyway but i did find out u have 4 slots :D

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry link fixed, it just leads to the 512 MB sticks instead of the 256 MB sticks. It's your choice, whichever one you can find for cheaper is probably the way you want to go. Just remember if you get 2 sticks of 256 MB, they need to be from the same company (helps with compatibility issues).

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
upgrade with 256 sticks

looking at your system specs a 512 stick "might" be harmfull to your mobo ..

zll7

Reaction score
I was looking through some adds and found a deal at best buy... Is this good?

-512MB PC2700 DDR RAM then it says (KVR333/512R)5489394

1st would this work for my comp and second is that a good deal... sounds like it in comparision to the ones on the site... looking at the post above this is not good for my comp... :confused:

-I also found this deal at Office Max-

Kingston 256MB DDR pc 2700 333MHz or

Kingston 512MB DDR PC3200 400MHz

And whats mobo... that mean laptop because i got a desk top...

sqrage

Reaction score
cant use any of those, there are PC 2700 and PC3200 u need ummm, PC 133

zll7

Reaction score
Alright thanks... How about the question of 2 stick of 256 or 1 of 512... Will it make a diffrence with my comp... Or should i just go the 2 sticks to be safe... even though its gona cost more...

sqrage

Reaction score
i would say get the 1 512 and when installing ull have to push down pretty damn hard for RAM to lock into place just a heads up, dont push it side ways though or itll crack

zll7

Reaction score
Alright thatnk for all the the help i think im goan order that viking 512 soon... Before i do though does anyone know if you could get any of this ram at any stores...?

sqrage

Reaction score
well i live in NYC i know a few places but they wouldnt be nearly as cheap as in newegg.com

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
newegg is pretty cheap for RAM, it's probably your best bet to go. Unless you can find an older computer store that still sells that type of RAM.

DDR/DDR2 is the new type of RAM, since you have an older motherboard you cannot use it. The way they fit into a RAM slot is different due to the configuration of the ram.

Hehe, a little story for you sqrage. One time at work we found some SDRAM that was really crappy (8MB or something), and we decided to see how much it would take to break the thing. Lets just say no one at my work could break it using their hands. :)

N

NRinpun

Perhaps, because you have such an old computer. Try buying a new one. Don't worry, if you buy some good RAM sticks, you can hold onto them and use them in your new computer. I suggest buying a good 100$ or so from Dell. I have a nice one that was top-of-the-line three or so years ago and it works perfectly with RAM, games, and whatnot (Guild Wars works awesomely...so much that to make it run at my favorite speed, I had to turn up the anti-aliasing).

sqrage

Reaction score
wouldnt be smart to waste 100 as good RAM such as PC 3200 wont wont on his current computer but yes SD RAM is better than sormal ram

zll7

Reaction score
But I dont have to buy SDRAM right... It is just better... Does that mean faster or what...

As of now im planing on getting VIKING 512MB 168-Pin SDRAM PC 133 Unbuffered System Memory Model VG13364X64CL3 - OEM... That should work fine right...

Not a big computer guy just like the games :D

zll7

Reaction score
NRinpun said:
Perhaps, because you have such an old computer. Try buying a new one. Don't worry, if you buy some good RAM sticks, you can hold onto them and use them in your new computer. I suggest buying a good 100$ or so from Dell. I have a nice one that was top-of-the-line three or so years ago and it works perfectly with RAM, games, and whatnot (Guild Wars works awesomely...so much that to make it run at my favorite speed, I had to turn up the anti-aliasing).

Where did you find you comp at??? If i could find one for that price i would get that instead... aswell as what were you comps specs when you bought it...?

zll7

Reaction score
My LAST question is... Is buying this RAM for my old comp goan be worth the $72 I am gona end up spending on it...??? By worth it i mean speed it up... Im afraid im goan spend the money on this and its not goan do much because my comp is so old(Mainly my processor is weak)...

-sorry about double post seemed to make more sense on its own...

sqrage

Reaction score
yea it will speed it up A LOT and expecially when u alt tab but in many other ways to such as gamming

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.