World Philippine volcano on verge of eruption but villagers are refusing to leave

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A rumbling volcano in the Philippines was on the verge of a major eruption today – but thousands of villagers living on its slopes are refusing to leave their homes.

Already, 40,000 people have fled the no-go zone around Mount Mayon, which oozed crimson lava during eerie scenes captured last night.

But around 3,000 residents, mostly farmers, remain – with some even returning after being evacuated up to three times by authorities

As well as being covered by rivers of lava, those who stay face the additional danger of suffocating ash explosions, experts said.

Read more here.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Once the lava hits the living room, they are going to think twice...

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
If it's a slow moving lava flow, they'll be able to get out in time. Such flows have a lot of power, and can easily knock over buildings, but you can literally outwalk them. If it's a fast moving flow, they'll have less chance, but if they're quick they'll be alright.

If it's an explosive eruption like Mt. St. Helens, or the more powerful Pinatubo eruption in 1991, then they are pretty much screwed.

LearningCode

Reaction score
"even returning after being evacuated up to three times by authorities"

That's what I call 'stubborn'

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Once the lava hits the living room, they are going to think twice...
I don't think they have a change to think even,
they pass out before the lava hit the living room, because of the heat.

It's Just Stupid of them :nuts:

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I hope the government won't mind them.. i hate these guys.. This kind of people makes the Philippines worst.. Damn, stubborn piece of ****.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Just let them burn for crying out loud. If they don't want to move then it's their problem:nuts:

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Nah, I don't think so, Would not be very tasty.. anyway

I never said anything about eating them:rolleyes: I just like the other part^^ If I want to eat some meat I go and catch myself a boar and mount it over a fire like a real viking:shades:
Edit: Yup, I am just that awesome.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
there were some BBQs in the St Helen's explosion, its the same as phillipines, except people didnt have time, it was a giant bomb, some people just dont want to leave their house.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I never said anything about eating them:rolleyes: I just like the other part^^ If I want to eat some meat I go and catch myself a boar and mount it over a fire like a real viking:shades:
Edit: Yup, I am just that awesome.
Okay awesomeness. LOL. But It sounded like you wanted it :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.