Pick units within AOE vs actual AOE?

DL.PIGGY

Reaction score
Ok heres the thing, i used the pick all units within AOE matching blah blah conditions to do a triggered AOE spell. However, basing my base skill off channel, which i set the AOE targeting image to the same AOE as my trigger, it seems that the pick within AOE action seems to pick a smaller AOE than the actual AOE. Any idea what is the ratio of the picking units in AOE vs the actual AOE? (i.e Exactly how much smaller the pick action is as comapred to the actual AOE.)

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
AoE the same in the trigger editor and object editor, there must be something else messing up your trigger

DL.PIGGY

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure its smaller. Try creating a dummy unit with war stomp and picking all enemies within the warstomp aoe and try casting it slightly off a random creep. You'll see that while the unit gets stunned it doesnt respond to the pick unit trigger.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
Pick every unit in range returns all units whose center is within the range. Spell AoE effects all units whose collision area is inside the range.

Check this: http://www.wc3jass.com/viewtopic.php?t=2392

If you don't know jass then post the trigger you are using (converted to "custom script") and someone here will show you what line to change.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
No need for JASS, just add max collision size to your 'Pick every unit in range' radius.
That will pick more units than you want.

DL.PIGGY said:
My question is, what do i do with the script. As in will copying it into the custom script section of the map allow the pick unit witih AOE action to become more accurate of must i input that whole code into the trigger where the pick action is in?
You put the script in the custom script section, change the
JASS:
// You should change this to the maximum collision size in your map
    return 55.

to an appropriate value, if you haven't changed the collision sizes then 55. is fine.

Also add this to your custom script (below the other script):
JASS:
function GetUnitsInAreaLocMatching takes real radius, location whichLocation, boolexpr filter returns group
    local group g = CreateGroup()
    call GroupEnumUnitsInAreaLoc(g, whichLocation, radius, filter)
    call DestroyBoolExpr(filter)
    return g
endfunction

function GetUnitsInAreaLocAll takes real radius, location whichLocation returns group
    return GetUnitsInAreaLocMatching(radius, whichLocation, null)
endfunction

Then convert the trigger where you use 'Pick every unit in range' to custom script and replace GetUnitsInRangeOfLocAll and GetUnitsInRangeOfLocMatching with GetUnitsInAreaLocAll and GetUnitsInAreaLocMatching. You can do a normal search and replace.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.