Possible to allow negative recources?

krainert

Reaction score
Greetings,

Is it possible to allow the resource counters to go negative?
Alternatively, can the icons and descriptions be changed during a game?

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
1. Gold and Lumber can't, only 0 and Damage etc can [I think]
2. No only way is through Object Editor.

krainert

Reaction score
Mkay. Is it possible to have one of the counters display a text string (or icon) instead of a number value?

Bo-Bo

Reaction score
What? Icons can have text and if you import them like that then it will. O_O

If you don't get a question, just re-read it instead of assuming the asker was dumb. ;)

@topic: I don't think you can. The best for you - whatever you are trying to do - would be using a multiboard, i think..

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
If you don't get a question, just re-read it instead of assuming the asker was dumb. ;)

@topic: I don't think you can. The best for you - whatever you are trying to do - would be using a multiboard, i think..
I didn't assume the asker was dumb, I just didn't really get it as I don't open WE much now.

krainert

Reaction score
I guess I'll multiboard it then - just feels kind of stupid adding a new interface element while leaving existing fields unused.

xkid4ditya

Reaction score
Greetings,

Is it possible to allow the resource counters to go negative?
Alternatively, can the icons and descriptions be changed during a game?

do you mean changing ability icon and description?
well, changing ability icon and description i think its still posible during a game.
we'll use ability changing to change to icon and description, lets see.
creat 2 same ability "1st" and "2nd" with different icon and description, use the "1st" ability first and lets say you wanna change the icon and description in lvl 5.
Icon change and description :
Events
Conditions
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Level of Bolt(1st) <---1st ability for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 5
Then - Actions
Unit - Remove Bolt(1st) from (Triggering unit)
Else - Actions
Unit - Add Bolt(2nd) <---2nd ability to (Triggering unit)
BAM!! the icon will changed and the effect of your ability is still the same ^^
Generaly its changing an ability not changing icon and description, but its Ok as long it just the icon and description you've change. Because if you change the damage or effect of the ability, THAT you changing an ability not only the icon and description.

that is my naughty method to changing an icon and description. Correct me if im wrong ^^V

Happy

Reaction score
nope...you have 2 possibilities:

1. using a multiboard instead
2. use both counters for one resource....means for example gold is + and wood are "loans". i hope you got what i mean.

krainert

Reaction score
nope...you have 2 possibilities:
1. using a multiboard instead
2. use both counters for one resource....means for example gold is + and wood are "loans". i hope you got what i mean.
I do. Actually, that's a two-in-one; I could store total positive in one and total negative in the other so that the actual value is the first minus the second. Since what I intend to do is a Good/Evil Deeds system, that might make sense. Then again, it will be somewhat annoying for the user to have to subtract all the time - and I probably won't even use the absolute values for anything either... So... Yeah, I'll go with you idea if I don't do the multiboard thing :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.