Problem with Magic Immunity and Avatar

B

Banli

Right now I have an ult that creates a trap which casts entangling roots on a unit that gets too close. Since it's an ult, I want it to go through magic immunity so I made the entangling roots on the unit a hero skill and upped the required level so it counted as an ult. My problem is that entangling roots tangles an Avatar'd MK, but doesn't do any damage. What's going on here?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
>but doesn't do any damage. What's going on here?

Err.. Because it's Magic Immune? The ability does spell damage towards its target. So if the target is immune, it deals no damage. I think there is no way to repair this unless you trigger the damage.

B

Banli

But why does the entangle still go off if he's magic immune? Why is it only one and not both or neither?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
What other abilities/items does the MK with Avatar have? Does the Entangle Ultimate work well(does damage) to other units?

DrinkSlurm

Eat Bachelor Chow!
Reaction score
Generally speaking, you can make a non-ultimate spell become ultimate by changing the required level to something higher than 1, thus allowing it to be able to target spell immune units. But there are bound to be some exceptions and some weird unexpected results. Some of the effects work and some don't. It's simply not foolproof.

I've experienced this myself with Acid Bomb. If I remember correctly, the damage over time worked on immune units, but not the armor reduction (or maybe it was the other way around?). Basically, you just have to live with the limitations of the game and try some workarounds.

B

Banli

entangle works fine to damage other units. As far as abilities go, he's got no passives that could be interfering, and no items.

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure, but I think it could be because of a data value for the Avatar spell in the object editor; Magic Damage Reduction... even though it's initially set to 0.00, that may or may not have something to do with it.

My suggestion though would be just to cause the damage through triggers.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I would make a trigger like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------
Event:
Time - every 1.00 second of game time
Conditions:
Actions:
unitgroup - pick every units in (units in (playable map area) matching (((matching unit) has buff entling roots) equal true)) and do (actions)
unit - cause (picked unit) to damage (picked unit), dealing 50.00 damage of type chaos and damage type normal
-------------------------------------------------------------------
i think it should work quite well, not perfect but enough. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.