Q1 SpellBook: Icon Arrangement, Disappearing Icons Q2 Neostorms save/load system

PhoenixICE

Reaction score
Q1
Okay, i've searched this forum a couple of times to see what is wrong with my spell book, everytime i start new game the spells are in different positions, and at times there aren't even in the spell book at all.

this is how i created it, i made it all skills are disabled at loading, then enabled each one as you level, but the icon arrangement is always different and never works properly when the abilities are enabled.

Can someone properly answer this question on how to fix this issue, as i haven't been able to.

Q2
Can someone help me manipluate his save/load system so it incorperates wood, and a variable arrary, i've looked over the system and wasn't really sure on how to do it exactly, so instead of screwing it up over and over, i've come for help

Q3

Line of sight blocking doodads, is there a way to make units be able to walk through the doodad, but not see through it?

Ty in advance if u can answer,

PhoenixICE

Q1:
U should set those ability's icon position with Object Editor
Q2:
Ill figure it
Q3:
No, they didnt block your sight, they actually act like map border(the edge of map). So the answer is :No

q1 reply
lol if only if it was that simple - doesn't work tried it b4 and tried it again doesn't work

q2 reply
thnxs

q3 reply
WTF it says line of sight blocker ...... meh then how would i do it ie/
x <hero
----------- <gate
DDDDDDDDD<stop seeing past here
YYYYYYYYY<enemy units
YYYYYYYYY<enemy units
Z <enemy hero
how do i make it so they can't see each other, but until the gate openes?

Use the line of sight blocker and use triggers to kill them when the gate opens.

The icon arrangement in the spell book is the order the unit obtains them I think (a unit has a permament memory of these things). Add the spells in the right order to the unit at the start of the game, then remove them and add the spell book.

What does that actually mean, that i create a unit that already has the spell book on the map? I did that and it still didn't work......, plz explain clearly

and can anyone figure out the Neostorms load/save code problem?
(ps. the array is an interger array consisiting of 0,1's)

It's complicated to explain.

You add ability 1 to unit 1.
You add ability 2 to unit 1.
So unit 1 has ability 1 in the first slot and ability 2 in the second slot.
You add ability 2 to unit 2.
You add ability 1 to unit 2.
Unit 2 will have ability 2 in the first slot and ability 1 in the second slot.

Then if you remove the abilities, the unit will still remember the original order you added them in.

hmmm, still don't get you....

this is how i've got it atm - u automatically have all spells in your spellbook (5 spells)
but as soon as u buy the hero all spells are disabled execpt for 1 of them, but sometimes that spell isn't even there, so your saying i shouldn't even have it in there but rather add them?

Q3: I had the same problem with 'Line of Sight Blockers'. - They suck :p
What you COULD do, though. Is to remove them with a trigger.
-Like when the gate opens remove destructible - Line of sight Blocker. (There are many ways to remove these, so I'm sure you'll find one that works :) )
I am also sure someone else will find leaks in the trigger you come up with. But don't bother with that, that's just people's way to say "I don't know how to fix your problem" :p

But yea, The 'Line of Sight Blockers' blocks both site and movement.

Hmmm well thnxs for answering Q1 and Q3 people, i figured out how to fix the spell book, by not disabling the spells as soon as the hero is picked but disabling it 0.01sec after, which allows the spells positions to be stored,

BUT can anyone answer Q2, i really need to incoperate an Interger, Interger Array (consisting of 1's and 0's) and a wood array, since no one is replying about this i'm gonna keep trying myself

Another qs - What do people mean by a leak? do u mean memory leak which will eventually start laggin the map after long periods of play?

Edited: Damn it doesn't work again i think its because i already have a hero on the map thats y it works before, but when i don't and i try and buy the hero it doesn't work again >< (spell book)

memory leak only happens if you create poor triggers, poor? in terms of not destroying the variables that are already done using.

result is it makes the game lag, and lag, andhang your pc

Hey i've finally figured out Q1 well if u ever get this problem this is how it works:

1. create a spell book
2. put spells in the spell book as the order u want them to appear (starting top left)
3. set minimum and maximum the same (no matter how many spells you have in the spell book always set minimum the same as the maximum ie/ u got 5 spells even thou he can use 1 spell at level 1 - still set mim = 5 max = 5 (yeah this is what got me :( ))
4. set all button positions of your spells to 0,0 , and don't untick check dependencies - not sure y
5. add spell book to a hero
6. add hero to tavern
Now your done, don't need to preload the hero.

Ayumi, the spell book helper ^^

Q1
Okay, i've searched this forum a couple of times to see what is wrong with my spell book, everytime i start new game the spells are in different positions, and at times there aren't even in the spell book at all.

this is how i created it, i made it all skills are disabled at loading, then enabled each one as you level, but the icon arrangement is always different and never works properly when the abilities are enabled.

Can someone properly answer this question on how to fix this issue, as i haven't been able to.

Q2
Can someone help me manipluate his save/load system so it incorperates wood, and a variable arrary, i've looked over the system and wasn't really sure on how to do it exactly, so instead of screwing it up over and over, i've come for help

Q3

Line of sight blocking doodads, is there a way to make units be able to walk through the doodad, but not see through it?

Ty in advance if u can answer,

PhoenixICE

check out my spell book tutorial thread here:-
it's weird that some don't see my tutorial which is listed in the great
amfidamant table of content
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46238

question 1 solution:
you don't need to use trigger to disable it,
open object editor > ability panel > select your spell book
as you can see, you can set the spell book level right?
each level you add in a new spell
e.g.
Level 1: firebolt
Level 2: firebolt, frost nova

if you remove firebolt from level 2, it won't be there.

question 2 solution:
check out AceHart save and load trigger.
btw, whos trigger are you talking about?

question 3 solution:
there is a way, simply make that area line blocked of sight
if the unit enters that region teleports the unit to the other side using
trigger <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.