Question about Blight and Trees

Lghtofthmoon

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just finished a sweet building in one of my maps, which has a blight growth distance of the entire map. It's really cool to see, especially since it move's slowly. Anyway, I also made a unit that dispells the whole map (also cool to see :D) but unfotunately, the trees still stay blighted. Can anyone offer help on this one? Much appreciated!!

pladams9

Seth's Good-Twin
Reaction score
It would be fairly easy to make a trigger that checks every tree for blight and change it accordingly, but I imagine it would slow things down a bit depending on the size of the map and the number of trees.

pladams9

Seth's Good-Twin
Reaction score
After looking at it more carefully, I have decided that my suggestion is impossible with the GUI. There is no way to detect or change if a tree is blighted. You can check and change the Blight on terrain. Also, even if you could change the trees individually, I'm not sure if all the trees would be correctly changed due to limits on the number of items in a Group. Sorry. :(

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
I would have done something like this
Code:
Melee Initialization Copy
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Dispel Magic
    Actions
        Wait 0.40 seconds
        Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible)
                Set treepoint = (Position of (Picked destructible))
                Destructible - Remove (Picked destructible)
                Destructible - Create a Summer Tree Wall at treepoint facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0
                Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_treepoint)
                Wait 0.01 seconds

Ofc, i hope you dont got 5000 trees... if so, you should just do this for the AREA where the dispel magic affects...:D
Cheerio & hf!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.