Raise Dead has no range?

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
In a map I'm working on, I have a structure casting raise dead. It works fine, however I am getting a very strange problem, basically the ability has no range. Everything else about the ability works, but the spell can only be used if the building is actually touching the corpse. I've tried changing the ability's range, AoE, and missile speed, but nothing affects it at all. The only thing I can think of that might be making the problem is that the unit casting it is a structure. Anyone have any ideas?

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of that might be making the problem is that the unit casting it is a structure.

It might be it. Structures are unable to move, so that should be the problem. In case this doesn't work, I'll make a detailed search at WE.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Figured out the problem. The structure casting the ability had had an acquisition range of 0, and apparently that was making the spell have less range as well. Strange, as I don't think this affects other spells the same way, but I can't be sure. Anyways, it works perfectly now.

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
Just make a dummy ability with all the standard tooltips that has no effect and costs the same mana, and set the mana cost to zero for the real ability that the dummy's casting. There isn't any other real way that I can think of.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.