Range Question

n4bieclimber

Reaction score
i have a question about "range"

i want this trigger
Code:
Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200.00 at (Position of (Picked unit)), dealing Fire_Pit_damage damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal

to damage all creeps in an area of 200 AROUND the unit that does the damage and not damaging the unit itself.

.........................................(d)
a little acsII art to explain ...(d(n)d)
.........................................(d)

d= damaging area
n= is no damage area.

any ideas?

n4bieclimber

Reaction score
owk can u fit this in trigger form or jass whatever u like but i cant figure it out on the way u suggested it. So hope u can help me.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
in variable editor (green X at top of trigger editor), create a variable of type Point, and another of type Unit Group. lets call them TempPt and TempUG

Code:
Set TempPt = Position of (Triggering Unit)
Set TempUG = Units within 200 range of TempPt matching condition Matching Unit is alive = True and Matching Unit belongs to an enemy of Owner of Triggering Unit = True and Matching Unit is a Structure = False
 Pick every unit in TempUG and do actions:
   (Unit - Damage Target action) Cause Triggering to damage Picked Unit dealing X damage of attack type Y and damage type Z
call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPt)
call DestroyGroup (udg_TempUG)

Fixed the leaks
Added condition to exclude structures

T

Tubba

Don't forget call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPt) and call DestroyGroup (udg_TempUG) ;)

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
And tell him to add "(matching unit) is a Structure Equal to False" if he want buildings to stay untouched bu the spell.

n4bieclimber

Reaction score
wow tnxs man i just went down to eat and u already answered

owk... so in my existing script where my original action was i only have to add the action

run trigger (...) checking condition right?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.