Really Build A Village

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
How did u make so that the crops spawn randomly around the cropfield?
Probably something like (free-hand trigger):
Code:
Events: Every X seconds
Conditions:
Actions:
Custom Script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
Unit Group: Pick every unit in (Playable Map Area) matching (Matching Unit) equal to (Cropfield) and do:
Set L = Random point within X of (Picked unit)
Unit - Create 1 crop at L
Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_L)
I'm not sure that that's what he did, though.

takethat

Reaction score
1st of all, there are 4-5 graveyards around the map that will kill u, this wasnt part of the original plan which end if u finish construct a wonder, but then i want to give it more fun, so i got this 4-5 different type of limit-1 wonder that provide variouse ability:
world tree: give unlimited mana
eye of god: long cd death star like destrutive ray cannon that looks like a ward

then i come out with ideas that u can train mage and high wizard can give all buildings special elemental magic defence or attack...
mage need to train and can combine elemental magic
for eg:
letting a mage train to lvl2 fire and lvl4 earth give extra spell "roar of the land", bla bla bla

then i feel it would be disapportment if u just simply lose all of ur woman(which usually happen when i test with fren, they just simply forgot of woman)
so whenever a player lose all human life, they get to bcome undead(graveyard purposely to provide them corpse)
if they were slain by other player or king/elder/chancellor capture by barbarian, they bcome slave who limit access only to bronze age...

but all these have to postpo until the lag issue and other balancing finish(many complain about too long hour)

anyway

Knight7770: your trigger is correct, just that i add expiry timer too

however it is also 1 of the possible reason for lagness, said my fren, too much action of unit picking and creating cause lag. later version i will abolish the seedland, making early access of food only from stag hunting, the gold amout will increase as well as the point of hunting...

even the spawning of stag will change to a more lagless method,

after entering the village stag, farm will use the mathemathical method to increase food, it reduce lag SIGNIFICANTLY...

as for the pathway, 4 type of unit got walkable but non buildable path... they are WxxGXXe, Cxxcxxx of Pxxxr(from small to large)

unless you really never edit b4, i sure u noe wat they are :)

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Hello.
First of all I just want to say that I really liked your map.
I have been waiting for this kind of map for a very long time, this is by far the best attempt I have ever seen for a village builder game in wc3, pherhaps in any game ever:) Good Job:thup:

I was working on something like this a long time ago, it was actually my first real map for wc3, but it did not go that well beacuse I did not know anything at all about triggers back then:eek: But I think I will start working on it again, maybe we can help each other out later:cool:

I got some critique, hope you do not think that I am to hard on you now:rolleyes:
Here it goes:
I think that the lifespan of units is okay in the beginning, but in later game it becomes to short, if you got a whole city it will be hard to keep track on all of your units. You can maybee make it upgradable in the last stage or something to make it even more realistic, humanity do get higher max age thru time.
And I agree with the other guys writing about the women, I think they should have something to do aswell. They can like make clothing and work on fields aswell, there was actually women out on the fields in that time:p

And for last, I got a few tips for you.
One thing to always remember about the common gamer is that they are lazy, they do not like to waste time by clicking on a lot of stuff. I think that you should atleast consider to make the most stuff auto gatherable or what it is called. You know that in melee, you just select your peons and rightclick the goldmine and then you don't need to bother checking on them again. I noticed that the you had autocast on the mate ability, maybe you need to put in a trigger for it to be cast every 5 second or something to make them actually use it. It did not work when I tested the last time I tested, I can have missed it though.

Hope it is some help, and if you need help I would really want to help if I can. Just send me a message and I will see what I can do:cool:
Keep up the good work:thup: And good luck with your project;)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.