Really Build A Village

n4bieclimber

Reaction score
well i think if u make more "races" cause now u have to make units strong against the other and the other race has to be strong to the one.

just like in runescape (srry for the lame example)

warrior is good vs ranger
ranger is good vs magicien
magicien is good vs warrior.

so i suggest making a stealthier race.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
All my units die.. I am building and getting lumber but I don't understand how to keep them from dying.

takethat

Reaction score
2 reason that unit will die other then being attack:
1) they have no access to food(gold), food is provided via an aura safe range. unit not within the range will lose hp slowly, you can chk this by seeing the whether the unit got the buff.
2) their mp reach 0, unit start off from full n decrease slowly. once reach 0 they just die. this is near unavoidable.

to get food(gold), you got 3 choice.
1st build a seedland and kill the ever spawning seed, this is not encourage since it takes alot of space and provide little amount.
2nd train a group of hunter and go out to hunt. this is not encouraging too since it eats up your time to do other things.
3rd build a mill and train farmers, farmer working on farmland will provide food via triggers.

only in a mill that u can train supply cart, enssetial supportive unit in attacking.
it is also good to build a hut near tower or entrance area so it provide food to guarding units.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Sorry, you might have mis-understood me. The well worked fine but the safe-area range did not work.. Units could be standing next to the building and it would not work..

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried the map and it has the same bug. Even when the units are near/inside the "safe range", they die.

Also, if you need any help, just ask. I could... um... make tooltips and fix the grammar or something. I'm busy with other stuff too but I can always help a fellow... thehelper member... most of the times.

takethat

Reaction score
it seems the problem is the target allow for the skill, what is the combination for an aura base skill only give buff to self unit, and have no effect on ally unit?

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
The aura thing really didn't work =/

33bn67s.jpg

Here's one thing you MUST do :
Add more doodads and more variety to tilesets.
Playing your game is boring as hell without them.

takethat

Reaction score
The aura thing really didn't work =/

33bn67s.jpg

Here's one thing you MUST do :
Add more doodads and more variety to tilesets.
Playing your game is boring as hell without them.

i know it is not working adi, i dl n tested too, i was asking, any1 know the <target allow> that will give the aura to only your own unit, and will not give to ally unit.

doodad has hit the limit of 6k+ all trees =.=

originally i want the building to look in appropriate size to the people, but now i m thinking should i make it like war3 melee?(building look rather smaller) since now need too much space.

and mayb i do need some 1 help out with terraining. however, it is temp impossible as i wouldnt be able to access the map for this 2 week

thewrongvine

Reaction score
What is "Safe Area" supposed to do, anyway? Does it regenerate mana or health which in turn keeps your guy alive? If it does, just make it a simple regeneration aura.

A

Askis

As I understand it, it's should be a health regen aura.
It doesn't work right now, seems in trying to deny the aura to allies you disabled it for your own units too...
Why not just give it to allied units? If an ally places fighters in your village to help you defend it, it'd be kinda dumb that he'd need to build his own hut to keep them alive >_>

takethat

Reaction score
edited and tested, it should work fine now, it could be abuse if it affect ally too, try more imaginative then u know how.

supply cart is essential for sending army to fight or assist, in early game, barricade is enought to fend out invaders.

although is playable, this is still consider testing map, the terrain is not final, some skill is not done, resources cost useless, raiders maybe not include, player numbers could maintain at 6... i need more feedback over the buildings, cost of weapon(stone, bronze, iron), overall time of the game, did the battle work fine...

anyway, here is some new picture of the final stage.
female wizard casting spell...
View attachment 20577
female wizard casting more spell...
View attachment 20576
A king and his castle...
View attachment 20578

btw how to update map in TheHelper Mapping Projects

thewrongvine

Reaction score
1.) Why are the people wearing mushrooms on their heads? o_O

2.) I don't know exactly where so I usually go on the thread that says where to submit maps to thehelper.net

A

Askis

Seems farming doesn't work, or I don't know how, had a mill with some farmland nearby, farmers set to farm the fields, but I didn't get any food...
Or did I forget anything? o_O

Oh and are there actually any animals to hunt?
Trained a hunter, had him run around abit but didn't find any >_>

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Um... gripen2, props on enthusiasm but you can just go download the map. ...

EDIT: Seems he took it of, but anyways, you don't really need a single beta tester because thehelper.net is a nice, loving family and we all work together! (And because he had the map open for DL before and you could just test it there)

takethat

Reaction score
the map is in
HTML:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php

i think i had updated the version but dont know if it is, any1 whos had update their map in that site can tell me how?

food was last time harvest through a spawned crop, it cause too much lag, so i change it to purely a maths to give food, however, like all format, a single digital or alp is wrong, the calculation stops.

i will be bz till 18 apr, so the map will be bugged untill then.

while i m bz-ing, i still come up with many more ideas, expect new strategy be use, and a more better terrain.(this 1 is sux, i noe, i m very sorry to let ur eyes pain XD)

in coming saturday,
finalize on builder's skill as in trigger and, uh, "skill"
terrain reform to a more symtric way,
wizard will be more strategic
version will be divided to, NR no raiders, and normal version.

new ideas:
magical empire
slavery
undead

for those who had just the farming problem but not food supply problem.
type <space>-cheat like follo
-cheat
u will get food and lumber then enable u to test play to later stage in multiplayer
if you test in single player, pls just use the cheat code

btw, not mushroom on those girls' head, those are wizardry hat =.=

A

Askis

for those who had just the farming problem but not food supply problem.
type <space>-cheat like follo
-cheat
u will get food and lumber then enable u to test play to later stage in multiplayer
if you test in single player, pls just use the cheat code

Can't seem to get the cheat to work, so no village or better for me :/
I'll just wait till you get farming fixed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.