Remove ability?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Hi.

I want to remove the "Permanently cloaked" ability from my units via triggers.
-How can I do this?

I can't find it in the list of abilities under "Enable/Disable Ability For Unit".

Exide

Reaction score
I tried this:

Code:
Unit - Remove 1 Permanently Cloaked from Hero[i]

(I also tried replacing '1' with '2' - have no idea what that value is for..)
It did not work on Zeratul. :(

Additionally; Zeratul, Tosh and Nova all seem to have different kinds of "Permanently Cloaked" - but none appear in this list (except the one I showed above.)

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
Some behaviors can be applied multiple times (to get for example 4x 50% movementspeed bonus). I assume that's the reason that value is there.

I cannot see the 3 units you mentioned, so I cannot check the following by myself, but I'll describe the steps:

- Open the data editor and go to the behavior tab.
- Search for "cloak"
- Does it give you any results concerning the unit you mentioned?
- If not, search for "Zera"
- Does it give you any result concerning invisibility?

Cos maybe, Permanently Cloaked is the "parentvalue" of other behaviors which would mean that Zeratul has the child of Permanently Cloaked, meaning you have to remove that child behavior.

EDIT:
Or does Zeratul have an ability of the abilitytype "behavior"? In that case you should remove that ability.
You can see this by going to Zeratul at the unit tab. Now right click his ability concerning his cloaking ability and click "Modify Ability". There you can see the abilitytype.

Exide

Reaction score
When I search for "cloak" I get lots of "buffs", for example:
'Mothership - Cloak Field', 'Ghost - Cloak', 'Wraith - Cloak', 'Permanently Cloaked', etc, etc.

I obviously choose 'Permanently Cloaked', but it doesn't seem to work. =/

Searching for 'Zera' only gives me three "buffs"; non concerning cloaking.

EDIT: Zeratul does not have anything concerning invisibility or cloaking anywhere in the 'Data Editor', as far as I can see. =/

I was thinking of doing this another way: Instead of removing the heroes' cloaking ability; give the boss the ability to see the entire region + invisible units in said region. (Kind of like Terran's scan sweep, but permanent.)
-Is this possible?

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
To make something detect units, go to the Behaviours tab of the Data Editor. Put "Detector" inside the search bar, and click on any of the Detectors. Duplicate it if you want, its not necessary, and scroll down until you go to "Unit - Modification - Detect". Change the number to whatever, the higher the number, the further the unit can detect things.

To make the unit see the entire region, couldnt you just give it a really big sight range? Otherwise, go to the Trigger Editor, under Actions, go to Visibility, choose any of the visibilities. I think the best one here would be "Auto-Reveal Region", which will show the entire region to a player if the player has a unit inside the region, and will turn off if there are no units from the player inside the region.

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
You checked if he has the 'Cloaked' flag? Go to unit tab and check at Unit - flags.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.