Removing all skills from a hero

Cdo

Reaction score
Hi i've got a game where i wan't the abillity to make custom hero's and here's my problem, instead of adding new versions of each hero which i then have to add to game-play constants which last game i worked on i had to many and they all wouldn't go in there (it auto-removed some if this is fixed plz tell me as this was done in a much older version) anyway i was wondering if there was a way to removing all skills from a hero once it's created... here's my trigger so far
Trigger:
  • Hero Pick
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Selling unit)) Equal to Model Selector
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Ability being cast) from (Triggering unit)

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you can remove hero abilities, but even if you can there is no way to do something like "pick every ability and do actions," so you're going to have to go through each hero and remove their abilities.

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hi i've got a game where i wan't the abillity to make custom hero's and here's my problem, instead of adding new versions of each hero which i then have to add to game-play constants which last game i worked on i had to many and they all wouldn't go in there (it auto-removed some if this is fixed plz tell me as this was done in a much older version) anyway i was wondering if there was a way to removing all skills from a hero once it's created... here's my trigger so far
Trigger:
  • Hero Pick
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Selling unit)) Equal to Model Selector
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Ability being cast) from (Triggering unit)

Make the heroes without any abilities and then add the abilities that the player have picked for it.

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you can remove hero abilities, but even if you can there is no way to do something like "pick every ability and do actions," so you're going to have to go through each hero and remove their abilities.

You can remove Hero Abilities but its better to make the heroes without any abilities and then add them by triggers when the player picks abilities (custom hero wars). If not, he need to do a trigger that removes all the abilities used for all the heroes from one unit and then add the picked abilities.

Cdo

Reaction score
that's ok ill make another version of each hero without abillites, but my other question remains, is there a limit to the amount of hero's in gameplay constants thingy where you have to add the hero's two (i'm not sure if 2 questions in 1 thread were against the rules, can't remebmer anyway if it is i'm sincerely (hope that's spelt right) sorry

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
doesnt tome of retraining already do this by default?

No, it sets the level of all your Hero abilities to 0 and sets the availible hero points to (Number of Hero Points + Levels Removed from abilities).

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
that's ok ill make another version of each hero without abillites, but my other question remains, is there a limit to the amount of hero's in gameplay constants thingy where you have to add the hero's two (i'm not sure if 2 questions in 1 thread were against the rules, can't remebmer anyway if it is i'm sincerely (hope that's spelt right) sorry

What do you mean by "Gameplay Constans" You don't need to edit that thing at all... At least for this thing. What is it that you edit in the Gameplay Constans?

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Techtree - Dependency Equivilents - Hero

Those are used to set the
Trigger:
  • Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)

Action, only used for melee maps.

There is no point to add all of your heroes to the "Techtree - Dependency Equivilents - Hero" You can just make some basic Hero select system like: Dialog, Whisp to Circle, Tervern with buyer that gets removed etc. etc.
You don't have to limit a hero-type to 1 in custom games.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.