Replacing units!

storgaard

Reaction score
So i was wonderig is it possible to somehow switch a unit to use another model?, with triggers? like if a player gets ownership the orc barrack change into a human? using the same unit, but with a new model?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
No, you would have to make an identical copy of the unit with the human barracks model, and then replace it when the unit changes ownership.

There's no way to edit the object editor with triggers.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Adding to what Nenad said, create a variable system of unit types and replace the units with triggers when a new player race takes control of the unit.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
probably because the Barracks wouldn't change the units it produces. (chaos is just model change)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
actually chaos changes the abilities for the units too

but using replace unit would be better in this situation mainly because of how convient it is (replace unit requires 1 action, chaos requires an action in addition to the ability)

if chaos changes produced units (as last i checked it replaced the unit entiraly <tested with morphing of one hero to the next>) then what you can do is make a chaos for each building type and make the tech requirement what race you are then stuff all the diffrent races for the building type into the building.... its kinda hard to explain so ill put it in triggers

Game Start
Pick Every Player
Research Their Race (tech requirement for the chaos ability for their race)

Your ownership change actions
The rest of the game will do the rest

What happens?
When the ownership changes, the player takes out the tech requirement for one of the chaos abilities because they researched the required tech when the game starts. The unit will then chaos (morph) into the new building which if done correctly would be the barracks of that race.

storgaard

Reaction score
actually chaos changes the abilities for the units too

but using replace unit would be better in this situation mainly because of how convient it is (replace unit requires 1 action, chaos requires an action in addition to the ability)

if chaos changes produced units (as last i checked it replaced the unit entiraly <tested with morphing of one hero to the next>) then what you can do is make a chaos for each building type and make the tech requirement what race you are then stuff all the diffrent races for the building type into the building.... its kinda hard to explain so ill put it in triggers

Game Start
Pick Every Player
Research Their Race (tech requirement for the chaos ability for their race)

Your ownership change actions
The rest of the game will do the rest

What happens?
When the ownership changes, the player takes out the tech requirement for one of the chaos abilities because they researched the required tech when the game starts. The unit will then chaos (morph) into the new building which if done correctly would be the barracks of that race.

I quess the chaos abillity will work, since im not going to change units, im making a indian/setlers map, so i want when a certain units is taken their change model(only) like: barrack into barrack, blacksmith into warmill stuff like that

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Chaos will only work once. Chaos will also only work if you are using two races. If you're looking for a "base cap" type of trigger, Chaos is not the answer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.