Request your GUI spells here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accumilater

Reaction score
Woah; lots of new requests, I'll help a little again ;) gonna try doing Time Channel

Edit: Time Channel finished, gonna do lay egg
Edit: Lay Egg finished, I don't know DOTA so I'll do Chaos Arrow
Edit: Chaos Arrow finished, I am not doing spell packs/multiple spells so I'm going to do Frozen Dragon now
Edit: Frozen Dragon done, last one for today :p

dude thanks a lot, but for some reason the damage over time isn't working properly.

N(O.O)B

Reaction score
@Incinerate
I give you a test map (Basics) of ACET: AutoCastEventTracking

EDIT:
@N(O.O)B

Set the cooldown to 0 of all your abilities and cast them constantly.
See whats happening.
Make your spells better and optimized.
They are not MUI, but they don't have to be....But they don't STACK.
Find out every use of any action at the trigger editor, sharp your mind, and make them better.
You are good...
To conclude: Something is wrong.:)

"MUI" means that it is possible to cast a certain ability more than once at the same time, which is basically the same as "stacking" them. The thing is, without Jass you cannot use Local Variables, meaning it's extremely hard to make MUI spells without using Custom Values on units (and generally a lot less memory efficient), especially when creating difficult abilities, therefore I do not make "MUI" or "stackable" spells unless requested (they could actually screw up some maps that use custom values for other purposes, for example). If anything but this is wrong with any of my spells, tell me ;), but I'm not making MUI spells unless requested

please check out my spell, thanks! rune wave
I'll check it out tommorow, doing some other stuff now :p

Summoned

Reaction score
rune wave
You say it's basically shockwave. Do the balls disappear when they hit a target? If not, then it's just a basic mass-dummy spell.

Trigger:
  • Rune Wave
    • Events
      • A Unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • Ability being cast Equal to Rune Wave
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Point1 = Position of Triggering Unit
      • Set Temp_Point2 = Target point of ability
      • Set Temp_Real = Angle from Temp_Point1 to Temp_Point2
      • For each Integer A from 1 to 5 ...
        • Set Temp_Point3 = Temp_Point1 offset by 50.00 toward ((Temp_Real - 45.00) + (Real(Integer A) x 15.00)) degrees
        • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Owner of Triggering Unit at Temp_Point1 facing 0.00 degrees
        • Unit - Add RuneWaveDummySpell to last created unit
        • Unit - Set RuneWaveDummySpell for last created unit to Level of Rune Wave of Triggering Unit
        • Unit - Add a 1.00 second generic expiration timer to last created unit
        • Unit - Order last created unit to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave Temp_Point3
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point3)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point1)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point2)

RuneWaveDummySpell is based on carrion swarm or shockwave.

RueK

Reaction score
You say it's basically shockwave. Do the balls disappear when they hit a target? If not, then it's just a basic mass-dummy spell.

Trigger:
  • Rune Wave
    • Events
      • A Unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • Ability being cast Equal to Rune Wave
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Point1 = Position of Triggering Unit
      • Set Temp_Point2 = Target point of ability
      • Set Temp_Real = Angle from Temp_Point1 to Temp_Point2
      • For each Integer A from 1 to 5 ...
        • Set Temp_Point3 = Temp_Point1 offset by 50.00 toward ((Temp_Real - 45.00) + (Real(Integer A) x 15.00)) degrees
        • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Owner of Triggering Unit at Temp_Point1 facing 0.00 degrees
        • Unit - Add RuneWaveDummySpell to last created unit
        • Unit - Set RuneWaveDummySpell for last created unit to Level of Rune Wave of Triggering Unit
        • Unit - Add a 1.00 second generic expiration timer to last created unit
        • Unit - Order last created unit to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave Temp_Point3
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point3)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point1)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point2)

RuneWaveDummySpell is based on carrion swarm or shockwave.

they dont dissapear when they reach a target but when the 1000 range in front of the charater end.. and they dissapear doing the death animation of the missile, in this case. frost wyrm missile. and if you could this for me please thanks. the missile speed should be liek 1000

Summoned

Reaction score
they dont dissapear when they reach a target but when the 1000 range in front of the charater end.. and they dissapear doing the death animation of the missile, in this case. frost wyrm missile. and if you could this for me please thanks. the missile speed should be liek 1000
Just create a trigger like the one I made above, then. The maximum range and missile art you can edit for yourself in the dummy spell.

N(O.O)B

Reaction score
don't do it yourself, I just made it for you! It works with autocast btw, I hope this is what something like what you wanted, else, tell me what you want me to change

Attachments

• Rune Wave.w3x
    21.7 KB · Views: 249

Accumilater

Reaction score
You're talking about the damage over time effect that occurs when the egg is killed? As that seems to be working fine for me :|

Hmmm ill test it again and see, but thanks a ton!

edit: Never mind it does work i guess since it was normal damage type that it didn't work on the guy who had 5k life, but i set dmg type to poison and it worked just fine, it was cause his armor was too high so the damage didn't do much. Thanks!

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Watsa

@N(O.O)B
MUI ability is an ability that can be used simultaneously by many units.
Stacking ability is an ability that can be casted constantly (every 0.1~0.3 secs) by one unit without any "side effects".
And you can make GUI-MUI spell (tell me everything and I can do it Mui)

N(O.O)B

Reaction score
@N(O.O)B
MUI ability is an ability that can be used simultaneously by many units.
Stacking ability is an ability that can be casted constantly (every 0.1~0.3 secs) by one unit without any "side effects".
And you can make GUI-MUI spell (tell me everything and I can do it Mui)
I never said you couldn't make a GUI-MUI spell, in fact, I said you COULD make one. I just said it's a lot more tedious than making it in Jass as Jass provides local variables which is basically all you need to make a MUI spell.

I realise the difference between MUI and stacking spells, however, the difference between them in programming (with certain spells, mind you) is next to none. And as I said before, if they want me to create such an ability, they have to request that specifically. I'm not going to put a lot of extra effort into a single spell when they haven't requested it to be like that, as that means they will not need it, thus I'd be wasting my time which could've been spent somewhere else more effectively.

RueK

Reaction score
don't do it yourself, I just made it for you! It works with autocast btw, I hope this is what something like what you wanted, else, tell me what you want me to change

perfect! REP+! !!!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
@N(O.O)B
Only that I said (MUI)?
Have you seen that your triggers must be optimized ?
Use loops better than before.

N(O.O)B

Reaction score
@N(O.O)B
Only that I said (MUI)?
Have you seen that your triggers must be optimized ?
Use loops better than before.
"Use loops better than before"? How is that supposed to help me? That's like telling a Sprinter to "Run faster next time". I can't see what's wrong with the loops I use. If you want to help me improve my triggers, then please show me which loop is bad, why it's bad and how I can fix it; as these short, meaningless statements are not helping me at all

Wow, awesome job. :p
If all the spells before me are done, and you don't want to do spell packs.. you could do my reverse polarity, since it's a spell for another hero :p
As I mentioned before, I do not know DOTA spells and I do not plan on playing it just to discover what your spell does. If you want me to create a DOTA spell, please describe exactly what the spell does so it is clear to someone who has never seen it in action, just like all the other spells

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
As I mentioned before, I do not know DOTA spells and I do not plan on playing it just to discover what your spell does. If you want me to create a DOTA spell, please describe exactly what the spell does so it is clear to someone who has never seen it in action, just like all the other spells

that spell just pick every unit around the caster and move instantly to front of hero :s and stun for a short time

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
@N(O.O)B
E.g Lay egg
Timers-> Bugs !
Over 300 special effects-> LAGGAGE !
You can't spawn the egg anywhere you want but front of you.

So....
Make a spell with ground targeting, at the place you will target trigger it to spawn the hatching and give it 20 seconds expiration timer.Don't use timer expires, use every 1 second. Make integers with the numbers 20, 3 and every second remove one point from them "Set TimerHatch = ((TimerHatch) - 1) seconds", and check if the timer became 0.......blablabla and many others.
You can make 1 loop,not "1 to 10" "1 to 12" "1 to 18" and so on.

N(O.O)B

Reaction score
Don't use timer expires, use every 1 second. Make integers with the numbers 20, 3 and every second remove one point from them "Set TimerHatch = ((TimerHatch) - 1) seconds"
This is basically the same as a timer, except it causes more memory loss as instead of running a single timer it would run every second, even when the egg is not hatching, so this would actually be worse. Unless you meant activating the trigger when the spell is cast, in which case it would have exactly the same effect which would mean this is completely pointless
You can't spawn the egg anywhere you want but front of you.

So....
Make a spell with ground targeting, at the place you will target trigger it to spawn the hatching
This isn't about my triggering ability but rather about how the spell works; when he wrote down what he wanted his spell to do I imagined that he wanted it to be as I made it, and you might've thought he wanted it to be like you mentioned, however, it has absolutely no relevance to my triggering abilities
You can make 1 loop,not "1 to 10" "1 to 12" "1 to 18" and so on.
I am aware of the fact that I can make a single loop, however, this would not "perfect" my triggers as far as I'm aware, as it would not cause less memory loss. However, to achieve the same effect as I did with using multiple loops I would have to include conditions to actually check if it was a certain number, and then adjust it to be the proper number, so I would have to add if/then/else conditions to achieve the same effect, which would cause more memory loss. It might "look" nicer, but it isn't more efficient.
Over 300 special effects-> LAGGAGE !
He said he had his own models already, so I figured he would update the special effects himself. I merely used these special effects to show which units were supposed to be damaged in the test map, and the only reason I used so many is because the special effect is very small and has to cover an entire area with a radius of 1000. I am aware that this would cause lagg in multi-player maps and would have used a weather effect (Green Fog) if it were to be used in one of my own maps.
Timers-> Bugs !
The timers only bug if you, as you said, "stack" abilities, which he did not mention that he wanted to be possible. However, using your "subtraction" method would also bug in this case, as it would just as well reset when cast again unless using arrays (which I would have used if I were trying to make a MUI ability)

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I'll be resuming this thread, since I have some free time now and then. However, I'll have to refuse spell packs from now on. Thus, I would like to ask all requester to refrain from requesting spell packs. Anyone who wishes to do the already-requested spell packs, feel free to do so.

INCINERATE

Reaction score
aright glenny lol... how about this one :)

Meteor Balll, you know the one like dota own from invoker..

Basically its a very large red ball summoned from space that first shows its shadow on the ground before falling from the sky and slamming onto the ground and then rolling continuously until it hits unpathable terrain damaging everything in its way leaving crater effects temporarily on the ground .

3 levels would be preferred , mui if possible.

NoobImbaPro

Reaction score
@INCINERATE
you can find it in spells topic
I gave you a demo map about your autocast devour, you took it?
@N(O.O)B
Plz don't drive me crazy....Listen, and stop talking about this. We already covered a page with our argument.
@Glenphir
I will help you more:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.