Requirements: require allied buildings

hoeyad

Reaction score
In my custom map, all human players are allied with a computer player via the "ally with shared vision, control, and spending" alliance setting. Then whenever a human player constructs a building, a trigger changes the owner of the building to the allied computer. This makes it so all the human players share buildings (but not units), regardless of who built it.

My main problem is, the requirements don't work themselves out. For example, when one human builds an engineering bay, all the other players should be able to build missile turrets. As it is now, NONE of the humans can build missile turrets because only the allied computer player "owns" the engineering bay.

I can't figure out in the data editor how to fix the requirements so that allied buildings count towards the requirements.

+rep for any solutions!

Dr.Synth

Reaction score
I haven't used the SCII editor at all but from what I know from the other editors I think you will have to rebuild the players techtrees. Making it possible for you to make a trigger that creates a tiny invisible version of a building when the the computer acquires a building of a type it doesn't already control in an inaccessible area of the map for each of the members of that computer's team. You will also need to make a trigger to destroy any of those buildings when the computer controls no buildings of the matching type so that players do not retain the techtree requirements to build advanced building/units. Another idea is to make the placeholder versions of the building using invulnerable flying units with 0 move speed, sight radius, collision size and no model (assuming galaxy editor will let you do that as WC3's world edit will). This will mean you will have two custom versions of every building for the players one placed by triggers as a techtree placeholder that is otherwise useless and one that the players build and give to the computer whose techtree dependencies are based on the placeholders. Lots of work ahead.

hoeyad

Reaction score
Yeah I guess if that's the best way to do it that's what I'll do. I would have liked the editor to have a more user friendly workaround - sharing units and buildings isn't THAT weird of an idea...

I got excited when I found the "count object as already made" trigger, but it doesn't work - I guess that's just for AI or something?

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
this might help you
ability type "interact"
so if anyone goes near the building with the interact ability, it will then give owner ship to the player of unit
and maybe you can figure out more from there

Arkless

Reaction score
Dumb question, cant you build stuff with his worker if you have shared ressources with him?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.