Running v.s. Walking

wizaerd

Reaction score
So in the Object editor, you can modify the Run Speed and the Walk Speed, but at which point does a unit walk v.s. run? Are there typically different animations for run v.s. walk? When I issue a

Unit - Order Peasant 0000 <gen> to Move To (Center of Region 000 <gen>)

does the unit walk or does it run? Or does it depend on the unit itself?

I've also been mucking about with the movement speed, does that change the Run Speed or Walk Speed? Is there a way to specifiy?

What I'm trying to accomplish are two people/units strolling down a city street casually...

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
TBH, I didn't even notice there was a different run and walk speed :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've never used the 'walk speed'.
Run speed is the real thing.

A wild guess here. But maybe 'walk speed' is the minimum speed when moving with other, slower units?
For example, a knight and a steam tank moving as a group. (The knight would slow down)

wizaerd

Reaction score
I've never used the 'walk speed'.
Run speed is the real thing.

A wild guess here. But maybe 'walk speed' is the minimum speed when moving with other, slower units?
For example, a knight and a steam tank moving as a group. (The knight would slow down)

I think units only run, all the time. I think you're right about the walk speed, in which case they don't necessarily "walk" as opposed to running, it's that they stop from time to time to maintain position with the slower units.

As far as I can tell, from the units I've looked at (not all of them by any means, but alot of them) none of them appear to walk. Even slowing the movement speed down, they just look like they're running in slow motion... Which just doesn't fit the scene I have in mind... The walk animation for many (or most) of them is really a running animation.

Doesn't look like there's any real way to make a unit walk...

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
The odd thing is, some units even have a walk animation. Namely, the Pit Lord. I've never seen him use it though, maybe when a spell like Slow is casted on him?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.