Saying Player Name Trigger

Farplane

Reaction score
So, I'm basically making a Who is the Killer game, and instead of using circles of power to record votes, I want the players to type in the name of the player they think is the "killer", and if they get it wrong, they will be defeat. I can pretty much only get halfway through this trigger, because I can't find a way to make sure they only typed once. I've been searching for a trigger like
Events
A player types a chat message

Conditions
Chat message is equal to Name of Killer(variable)

However I can't find a proper method. Does anyone know how I could pull this off?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Typing names is not that great an idea... when you have someone with "Iown3rS!!1" or worse.
Instead, I'd suggest to use a "-solve" (or whatever) command, that pops up a dialog with all names (except yours?).

As for the remembering, create an array of type boolean, size 12, with "false" as default.
If the player tries to solve, check array[Player number of (Triggering player)].
If it is still false, it's ok.
Set it to true once he replies to the dialog.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
All i can think of is to do this event for all player typing all other player's names=(
Code:
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing (- + (Name of Player 1 (Red))) as An exact match

Farplane

Reaction score
Alright, I think I got the dialog box down, feels good to finally have that off my chest. If anyone sees an error or leak please let me know.
Code:
Events
    Time - Elapsed game time is 16.00 seconds
Conditions
Actions
    Dialog - Clear Playerdialog
    Dialog - Change the title of Playerdialog to The demon is...
    -------- Buttons --------
    -------- Red --------
    If ((Player 1 (Red) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Playerdialog labelled (Name of Player 1 (Red))) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Player 1 (Red) Equal to Killer) then do (Set playerkiller = (Last created dialog Button)) else do (Set playerred = (Last created dialog Button))
    -------- Blue --------
    If ((Player 2 (Blue) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Playerdialog labelled (Name of Player 2 (Blue))) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Player 2 (Blue) Equal to Killer) then do (Set playerkiller = (Last created dialog Button)) else do (Set playerblue = (Last created dialog Button))
    -------- Teal --------
    If ((Player 3 (Teal) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Playerdialog labelled (Name of Player 3 (Teal))) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Player 3 (Teal) Equal to Killer) then do (Set playerkiller = (Last created dialog Button)) else do (Set playerteal = (Last created dialog Button))
    -------- Purple --------
    If ((Player 4 (Purple) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Playerdialog labelled (Name of Player 4 (Purple))) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Player 4 (Purple) Equal to Killer) then do (Set playerkiller = (Last created dialog Button)) else do (Set playerpurple = (Last created dialog Button))
    -------- Yellow --------
    If ((Player 5 (Yellow) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Playerdialog labelled (Name of Player 5 (Yellow))) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Player 5 (Yellow) Equal to Killer) then do (Set playerkiller = (Last created dialog Button)) else do (Set playeryellow = (Last created dialog Button))
    -------- Orange --------
    If ((Player 6 (Orange) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Playerdialog labelled (Name of Player 6 (Orange))) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Player 6 (Orange) Equal to Killer) then do (Set playerkiller = (Last created dialog Button)) else do (Set playerorange = (Last created dialog Button))
    -------- Green --------
    If ((Player 7 (Green) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Playerdialog labelled (Name of Player 7 (Green))) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Player 7 (Green) Equal to Killer) then do (Set playerkiller = (Last created dialog Button)) else do (Set playergreen = (Last created dialog Button))
    -------- Pink --------
    If ((Player 8 (Pink) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Playerdialog labelled (Name of Player 8 (Pink))) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Player 8 (Pink) Equal to Killer) then do (Set playerkiller = (Last created dialog Button)) else do (Set playerpink = (Last created dialog Button))
    -------- Gray --------
    If ((Player 9 (Gray) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Playerdialog labelled (Name of Player 9 (Gray))) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Player 9 (Gray) Equal to Killer) then do (Set playerkiller = (Last created dialog Button)) else do (Set playergray = (Last created dialog Button))
    -------- Light Blue --------
    If ((Player 10 (Light Blue) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Playerdialog labelled (Name of Player 10 (Light Blue))) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Player 10 (Light Blue) Equal to Killer) then do (Set playerkiller = (Last created dialog Button)) else do (Set playerlb = (Last created dialog Button))
    -------- Dark Green --------
    If ((Player 11 (Dark Green) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Dialog - Create a dialog button for Playerdialog labelled (Name of Player 11 (Dark Green))) else do (Do nothing)
    If (Player 11 (Dark Green) Equal to Killer) then do (Set playerkiller = (Last created dialog Button)) else do (Set playerdg = (Last created dialog Button))
    -------- Show Dialog --------
    Player Group - Pick every player in (All enemies of Killer) and do (Dialog - Show Playerdialog for (Picked player))

By the way, "Killer" is the variable of the player who owns the killer unit.
Sorry for huge trigger.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could use a loop instead of repeating all those functions :p

Farplane

Reaction score
Normally, I would create a new thread, but I am able to realize how I create to many threads, often dealing with the same map. Plus, this is just a little help.
My map is almost complete. I'm currently looking for a good song that could set the atmosphere of my killer map.
Preferably..
-Fitting a dark forest scenery (specifically Felwood)
-Horrorish, while not being corny, like a scary movie
-A little ambient, while mainly having eerie instruments (piano, violin)
-Noticably freaky while not getting too in the way of the game
-Relativly small filesize, loops are okay

So, if anyone has a good song, loop, or source for this type of music, I'd be really grateful if you could share it, because I'm trying to map a killer map that's actually remotely scary.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.