sdl & ogl graphics archive

alexho

Reaction score
im using sdl & open gl, im still fairly new to them and thier funcs. I understand some things, but still struggling and having probloems on how to create an interface with text/images/buttons/sounds. i am using devcpp, afaik the only msvcpp i can find is 30day trial...

For my project i know I dont want to use individual files for sprites/textures. my question is does anybody know how to merge them into a lib so the tga data im using for alpha etc for textures can be all indexed from one file or such like in WC3's mpq, i would also include sound files into this. I cant find anything on this, or possibly i dont know aboiut the details.

i am only using sdl for sound and the input. for sdl thats about it, everything else i want to handle with gl - sprites/visual. How do i go about constructing/creating a file archive for both api to use? i know i will be using tga and alphas for the sprites i just dont want the actual files to bloat around individually, as they could easily get misplaced or corrupted, and it would soon become a drag.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> afaik the only msvcpp i can find is 30day trial
http://www.microsoft.com/express/vc/

Anyway, Warcraft's MPQ files are just archives which it extracts once it runs (think: ZIP files extracted into memory).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.