Seth Cross Writing

Rate the Sampler

• 2/5 Stars - You need a lot of work, but you're kinda on your way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
Sixth Chapter: Very good, the same brilliance, but I am kind of missing Elizebeth, and hoping she turns up in the next chapter.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Elizabeth and Jessica are not in every chapter. Actually, as you get later into the book, I think Alexander is in most every chapter. He's sort of a "late appearence" main character.

Elmst, I changed the -10 to -2. Even if I did think you were being a jerk [which I don't, I just thought you were, indeed, wasting my time] it wasn't worth -10 for just that. I meant to do it before, but I was tired and had work in the morning, so I just got to it.

Jindo is cool :cool: :shades: Halahan ain't bad either :rolleyes:

DM Cross

Reaction score
Empathy & Pity was definitely a newer one that I actually took a liking to. It, like I said, was not about how much my life sucked at the point in time, but was rather a broader topic; The world. I touched on a lot of touchy topics and I'm sure I would have ruffled a lot of feathers if it got popular enough.

But sometimes something needs to be said, simply so that we can say we said it.

Halahan

Reaction score
I guess thats good coming from you... and I am new....er

Seventh chapter: You never lose the freshness and brilliance of previous chapters, And I've never liked it less. Im sucked into it now, and you keep the story at a fast paced while explaining everything in good detail. GJ

Eighth Chapter: You have interesting sub characters and a very rich plot that never ceases to to make me wonder what will happen next. Your very good at switching perspectives quickly while still keeping everything from getting confusing. Great Job

I just got back from Cali, I'll read the next two chapters soon, then you can maybe send 11-18 or whatever you were talking about.

stubs101

Reaction score
I didn't read much because I don't have the time but either way, i think you went too fast... I absolutely love the phrasing and the details (Especially Elizabeth's thoughts. God is she a rough girl!) but you went to fast when you instantly started by her waking up and going to the woods where suddenly her life is ruined.... Great Job, I promise I'll finish it later. Keep it up!:D

Halahan

Reaction score
Thats whats nice bout it, starts out fast paced. otherwise it would get a little boring I think.
But I understand what your saying, Seth could fit in a small something that she does or what not.

DM Cross

Reaction score
If a beginning isn't interesting enough, no one's gonna wanna get to the ending.

Better quick than not at all.

Krys A Night

Writer
Reaction score
The beginning of most books is the most crucial part, I know that I'm guilty of if the first few pages bore me, not finishing the book at that time. Oh, I'll come back to it and try to get past the first chapter or so, but it'll take me more than one try.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Well, what I tend to like in a beginning is a fast-paced very beginning, then slow down a bit for some character development and whatnot. I think that's more of what you do in Corruption, and I personally like the effect.

DM Cross

Reaction score
It's late, but it's here. Sorry, I put this off, intending to get to it the next day and... Well, let's call today "the next day" ^.^

Poem have been removed. Please see Post 1 of this thread to read them, via the links :)

Halahan

Reaction score
Fake was a bit better, but they're both great. you're really great with endings, which is the best thing to be the best at :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
The biggest reason I'm good with endings is probably because I see an ending as closure. It's the end, cut, game over. What's the freshest thing in a person's mind? The last part. So blow them away with that last part.

EDIT

New one.

Halahan

Reaction score
'All Hollow's Eve' looks interesting, that will be one of my last requests for a bit.

J

jimothy

great plot

to have the psychopath telling the story is a stroke of genius. maybe have his mother be a large, imposing woman and his dad a frightened puppy of a man.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Seth left a while ago, so I suggest that a mod close this thread. Maybe you can still catch him on GH, Jim.

DM Cross

Reaction score
The Blood War Series

The Blood War series is a series of 10 books, all going to be written by myself, Seth Edgar Cross. They will tell a tale that spans centuries and affects the entire world in the end. Struggle, betrayal, passion, pain and suffering are only a few webs to be spun by my words.

Main characters include
  • Tyrale Corren, the world's first Vampire and a master of manipulation. While he may not truly appear in each of the 10 books, he is mentioned and always has a part to play.
  • Alexander Stinda, Tyrale's first fledgling, the world's second Vampire and the master of assassins. He is the main character in the later books and destined for great, terrible things.
  • Thomas Stinda, the world's Protector, a High Guardian who is given the mission of destroying Alexander Stinda, both his brother and his Vampiric rival. While Thomas struggles with choosing either the death of his enemy or the life of his brother, he will undergo a change that will leave him completely different.
  • Elizabeth Jensen, a young girl who's life is drastically changed by a chance sighting of an abandoned town that is really a Witch/Vampire/Lycan haven. Like so many before her, life is never the same, not after a brush with Alexander Stinda.
  • Jessica Marech, another young girl that Alexander Stinda changes completely. Jessica must deal with more than just a curse as she becomes the worst kind of addict and faces a hard existence after a sinful indulgence.
  • Brant, a young Lycanthrope who has to struggle to find the right path in life. Taken from a strict, yet righteous life, he must deal with being a beaten, scarred servant to a man he hates and learn to believe in what he has become in order to survive in this new world.
  • Justice, a powerful voodoo witch doctor and Vampire that, despite his confidence and power feels out of place in a world where no one is safe from deceit. Justice must learn who is truly trustworthy and believe in them, something more dangerous than the demons he's made deals with in the past.
  • Shrika, a Witch who has dedication to no man, woman or child. Lost without a purpose, Shrika discovers that the only way to truly save her own life is to dedicate it to a cause and see it through, even if it costs her an arm or a leg. Literally.
  • Abraham, an old man with half the sanity of a normal man. Despite his possible insanity, Abraham is a brilliant man who begins to realize that he's sided with the wrong team and soon learns who is right and who is wrong. At least, in his mind. Twisted as it may be.

The 5 books of the Blood War series are

Corruption - Completed
Things may be simple for two young girls, Elizabeth Jensen and Jessica Marech. But when they stumble upon a town inhabited by Vampires, Witches and Lycans, life becomes insane and possibly fatal. Run by a Witch named Zaris, the town of New Blood depends on it's secrecy to the world, so when High Guardian Thomas Stinda comes to town to investigate, the Witch hires none other than Alexander Stinda to aid her.

Thomas and Alexander have a book filled with bad history, despite being brothers and now they must try to figure out how to handle each other. Alexander as even more on his plate, however, when he realizes that even the people on his side don't have his best interests in mind. Truly, these are the lands of the corrupt. The lands of Corruption.

Re-Birth - Current Project
It's been months since Alexander Stinda fell into a mysterious coma. Elizabeth Jensen and Jessica Marech come to the aid of the Vampire who saved their life, protecting them from the bounty hunters. Bounty hunters that are sent by a very angry man named Izak, who happens to be Zaris' brother.

Meanwhile, Thomas Stinda feels like things have only headed south for him after he let Alexander survive. Second guessing everything he's done in the past few months, Thomas Stinda must answer his questions on his own and decide, once again, if he has what it takes to slay his own brother. After all, things will be much harder once Alexander is re-born.

Howl at the Moon - Name to be changed
Things are looking up for Brant. A free Lycanthrope, Brant can now do whatever he wants with his life and his existence. But what does he want? Still unsure of his powers, which seem to be constantly developing, Brant has no course, no direction and nothing to dedicate his life and power to.

Of course, beneath all of this consideration is the bestial creature inside of him, constantly urging him to run wild and mad through the streets. Brant, a man who was once deeply in touch with his faith is more than just afraid to loss his humanity to this thing, but unsure of how to retain himself. Can he contain his instincts, or will he forever howl at the moon?

Ascension
Ever since Alexander Stinda awoke from his coma, things have not been the same. His powers have developed to amazing levels and things seem to be going well. But everywhere he goes, everywhere he looks, he cannot stop the voices. Voices calling for him, directing him, telling him where to go and what to do. Who or what could possibly be in his head, despite his mental defenses, which seemingly increases in potency since his coma?

Could it be that destiny is calling the world's second Vampire, the direct fledgling of Tyrale Corren? Speaking of which, no one knows where that man has gone. Could he be related? Alexander will have to figure it out, risking another lifetime of servitude or the possibility of ascending to yet another level in his Vampiric life. Can one Vampire truly change the world?

Blood War
All things will end here. Alexander Stinda has crowned himself the Vampire King. Tyrale Corren's blood runs through his veins and his power stands unmatched by any foolish enough to try their hand. His brother, Thomas Stinda may have ascended to the position of Protector, but Alexander now knows what he wants to do. Not what he has to do, but for the first time in his life... He knows what he wants to do.

He wants to bring the war between his people and the Guardians to the surface. No more shadows, no more covering it all up. Alexander Stinda will lead his people, his Lycanthrope cousins and the Witches that created him and his kind into battle against the Guardians and Hunters, who call upon those they protected, the Humans in a war that will stain the world, leaving scars that can never heal.

Links to what's available? Sure. Goth's High exclusive, though :)
  • Corruption - Chapters 1-10 Chapters 11-18 are available, but only by e-mail that I must personally send. No one is permitted to send the chapters to anyone, under any circumstances without consulting me first.
  • Re-Birth Re-Birth has only just begun with Chapter 1, but it will end before January 1rst, 2009. Keep checking in for future installments. Announcements may be posted here.

This thread is for TH.net discussion about my writing, as well as for me to announce new installments of whatever book I'm currently on to you people here. The BW faithful should sign up at GH.net, however, and show their support ;)

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
COOL sounds sick myself I haven't read many books but I like the sound off this :D

Bravo and GL with the story

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.