Seth Cross Writing

Rate the Sampler

• 2/5 Stars - You need a lot of work, but you're kinda on your way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
The words Re-Birth and Ascension aren't very uncommon, especially in titles. I didn't expect them to be unique.

Something like "Howl at the Moon", though, I thought might have been a BIT harder to find on a book :eek:

Can't win 'em all :) Besides, Re-Birth and Ascension basically embodied the main part of those two books. I don't care how many books out there are titled that... It's staying for those two :)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Nice books. I haven't read all of it yet but I can tell that it will be a good, developed (and actually like a real) book. Even though I... should I say this?... I hate.e.g.fd.g. I mean I don't hate you =D! I mean even though I have a grudge agaisnt you, the storyline is great and so are the characters. Keep up the good work and keep writing!

Edit: How come there hasn't been a response on this thread for some time now?

And Seth Cross, do you HAVE to make an account on GHForums to read the stories. I don't have anything agaisnt it but I'm too lazy and tired from basketball just a few 1 or 2 hours ago to click more than I have too... =D

thewrongvine

Reaction score
BUYP! (Instead of *B ring *U p *M y *P ost [*B ring *U p *Y our *P ost])

Seth Cross, are you still continuing these stories or has something happened like you giving up on them? :confused:

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
BUYP! (Instead of *B ring *U p *M y *P ost [*B ring *U p *Y our *P ost])

Seth Cross, are you still continuing these stories or has something happened like you giving up on them? :confused:

Go on Goths High to find out
Hes working on them but he also has a job that he works like 40+ Hours a week so he probably won't post here intill hes finished with the current chapter

He posts the chapters on Goths High

DM Cross

Reaction score
Working on Huramdrin now :)

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
great poem.
"No one knows what they want
Or so I think, as I pull the rope taunt"
I think you meant 'taut'

DM Cross

Reaction score
I'm not sure, yet. This part was burning in my head for the past week, I actually watched this in one of my dreams... In kind of a blurry glimpse. Then I let it stew in my mind and work it's way out, and POP! I finally wrote it last night.

I have no idea what happens before or after this, at this point in time o_O

I took it you liked it, though?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
It showed an interesting start, so I was reading it all.
About two minutes later, I was "seeing"... well, just about anything, from "he finishes his drink and leaves" to "major bar fight" to "two or more kingdoms that really don't like each other" to ...
Instead, what do we get? A bar-keeper that "looks nervous".
If I ever needed a school example of "cliff hanger", this would be it.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Hmm, I guess I'll take that as a compliment. I'm often told that I'm really good with cliff-hangers, especially from the readers of Corruption. I like them, I think they keep the story fresh and grab the reader more.

And thanks to you and a few other people who glanced through this quick part, I'm writing more of it. I don't know how far I'll go with this, but I've already decided when it is. Well, "realized" when it is. It's before another book in the Kranin era, because I'm using a younger version of a very important character from Demonic Angel.

Anyway. Back to the writing. Will update with more, when there's more to update with.

Updated with part 2. Same post in the link.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Getting Published?

For... Quite some time, I have dreamed of being an author... A real author, a published author that people want to sign their books and be the creator of stories that capture people and take them places they can't go anyway else. I wanted to be able to revitalize everyone's love of reading, or create that love for the first time in people... Over the years, people have told me "You know, I really don't read much, but I read [insert story, poem, etc.] here and I really enjoyed it! Let me know when you write more!" and every time I hear it, it makes me feel... I don't know how to describe it. I just feel... Better. Like a better person...

For almost a year now, I guess, I've been sitting on a manuscript for a novel. Corruption is book 1 in a 5 book series I call the Blood War Series. My mother recently finished and e-mailed me an edited version of chapters 1-5... My girlfriend Krys Night is working on a Literature degree and to go into publishing...

I think I'm going to start collecting addresses for publishers and sending those 1-5 chapters out. I'm finally going to put some work into getting myself published...

Reaction score
Get that book published.

Besides you never know if you never try. :)

By the way, in that book at about chapter 3-4 you change the name of the author of illusion from Kevin Pinaha to Arthur Cain? Intentional or...?

Demi666

Reaction score
Really, I say get small companies and big ones
Both have pros and cons for you to get published

J.K Rowling or how to spell her name was poor and got published by a very small almost unknown book store, look at her now. same could happend to you seth

DM Cross

Reaction score
By the way, in that book at about chapter 3-4 you change the name of the author of illusion from Kevin Pinaha to Arthur Cain? Intentional or...?

Kevin Pinaha was a filler pen name for the author of Illusion before I came up with Arthur Cain, so yes and no... I originally did intend to call him Kevin Pinaha for awhile. But then I should have gone back and edited it.

I think I did at some point, but I've had to reformat my old computer so many times, I don't think I have new versions anymore, but the originals o_O They're old and crappy ^.^

Really, I say get small companies and big ones
Both have pros and cons for you to get published

I'm probably going to start with smaller, yet popular companies first... ROC, Del Rey... Etc. etc. You see a lot of these publishers in your Fantasy section of any book store, I'll bet :)

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Man, that's great to hear. Like Zakyath said, "You have skill and you mustn't let it go to waste." Go Mom! :D One day, when your books get published, I'll be sure to read them, lol. Hmm... this is some inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.