Simple Stat Bonuses (Ideas)

TheCrystal

Reaction score
It doesn't really matter where you hit a person with spells, it's more likely to cause a general side effect, such as a purge effect when hit with lightning.
Focus with eyesight might work.

BloodyMary

Reaction score
I'm not doing spell criticals, since those don't really make sense. To me, criticals are "lucky shots", so to speak. With things like Lightning you can't really get a lucky shot. As for heal, did the heal hit him in the eye healing more so?

The whole dead I have right now with focus is to make it worth getting. It increases crit chance (you're more focused on your enemies) and it gives resistence to magic VIA (in a good, lameold excuse) by 'lightening' the blow, but that doesn't really make sense in any case.

lol yea you can focus and say hit were he is wounded. or you could hit a weak part of his body (when he is full), of course heal shouldn't crit here but would u heal some1 full health?

or as said above give a side effect getting hit in the eye might make u miss abit?

TheCrystal

Reaction score
I could implement those in a later version, but not yet. Generic side effects I plan to add, maybe in a working version (side effect being, DPS Fire from original damage, Slowing Lightning, Water/Ice slowing too)

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
DPS Fire from original damage, Slowing Lightning, Water/Ice slowing too

Slowing Lightning, Water/Ice slowing ?... so two slowings? : ))

I think lightning would be good to prevent from casting spells? I dunno..

Also for "Focus" chance to block(note that dodnge/evasion != block) an attack(not spell)?

TheCrystal

Reaction score
The part of "block" is detecting the attack. I could do "Take Damage" or add yet ANOTHER check onto my UnitIsHurtFloatingText shit. The idea of blocking may work, I'll need to talk to a few friends about it to see both pros and cons of all these ideas.

HardenedSkin is a useful thing, except it stacks. It takes the highest percentage to block, and it also adds the reduced damage. I would imagine it'd also take the lowest minimal damage.

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
HardenedSkin is a useful thing
exactly... I also think it's the best for blocking

except it stacks.
what so bad about that? I mean this is what you need right? Example every 10 points in focus increase block chance by adding a new HardenedSkin abiliy giving 0.01 chance to block. also the minimum damage could be set to 0?
So yea every hit will do normal damage and when chance to block happens it will do 0. And your "UnitIsHurtFloatingText shit" will show 0.... maybe you can rewrite to show block maybe? dunno....

BloodyMary

Reaction score
just to help give idea's for balancing numbers whats the max level of a hero whats the max amount of points can he put into a stat eg dex give evasion .25 if i can get 400 points into that i cant die.

TheCrystal

Reaction score
Well, I'm wondering if I should add other abilities for heroes based off of Hardened Skin, such as a Defensive based character and the ability based off a percent chance to dodge. I guess it's fine in the end, I can always give it a straight off minimum of 1 or make the "block" effect actually reduce damage all the time.
BloodyMary: The max will be the number of abilities I set it for, blockwise. For evasion I'd need to trigger it to get decimal values since the amount will be very small, like say .10% per special attribute. Currently it's a hero defense game, but not any of that panzy shit you can play elsewhere. Ever played Destiny Battle? Imagine that, without fail difficulty settings and more unique levels that you DON'T need to accomplish.

BloodyMary

Reaction score
Well, I'm wondering if I should add other abilities for heroes based off of Hardened Skin, such as a Defensive based character and the ability based off a percent chance to dodge. I guess it's fine in the end, I can always give it a straight off minimum of 1 or make the "block" effect actually reduce damage all the time.
BloodyMary: The max will be the number of abilities I set it for, blockwise. For evasion I'd need to trigger it to get decimal values since the amount will be very small, like say .10% per special attribute. Currently it's a hero defense game, but not any of that panzy shit you can play elsewhere. Ever played Destiny Battle? Imagine that, without fail difficulty settings and more unique levels that you DON'T need to accomplish.

yea i would have thought u would do that however just in-case u didn't i said it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.