Skill levels up, should decrease casting time: doesn't

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello

I got a spell which should level up all other abilities the casting unit has. Works so far. The problem is that the second level of the abilities have 0 sec casting time (the first level don't). However, it seems like the second level can only get the same casting time as the first level (if level 1 has 0 sec casting time, level 2 will also, if level 1 has 3 sec casting time, level 2 will also). The spells so far are all based on channel. Any clue on how this might be solved?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
how is that ability of yours supposed to increase the levels of the other spells? is it engineering update you use? or are you doing this with a dummy ability and triggers?

Leazy

Reaction score
This is how it's done so far:

I got a trigger. When someone uses spell X, all other spells the unit has are increased to level 2 by triggers.

Trigger:
  • Natures Swiftness
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Nature's Swiftness
    • Actions
      • Unit - Increase level of Healing Wave for (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove Nature's Swiftness from (Triggering unit)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you are right, doesnt work for me either. seems to be a bug with channel. i tried many different methods to work around it, seems like you need to replace the ability itself.

Leazy

Reaction score
So spells based on other spells than channel works?

Leazy

Reaction score
Cool, thanks!

Edit: Tried with Finger of Death, didn't work =\

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
[edit] Never mind, I misunderstood.

Leazy

Reaction score
Here ya go! =)

Attachments

• Test.w3x
    14.6 KB · Views: 203

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Ah, I'm sorry, I misread - I thought you meant cooldown, not casting time.

canons200

Reaction score
sry, i read your first post and yet i can't understand what do you want and your problem after the sentence "I got a spell which should level up all other abilities the casting unit has. Works so far."

i have made a lot of ability that can change the level of other ability, maybe i can help you.

can you make it more clear and specify?

Leazy

Reaction score
Hm, okey. I got this spell, lets name it X. I also got a unit that has the ability X, lets call that unit Y. When Y uses X all spells Y has (except for X) are leveled up to level 2. The second level of all spells Y has (except for X) have a casting time at lvl 1. At lvl 2 however, they are all instant cast. The point of using X is therefor making all spells Y has (except for X) instant cast.

The issue I'm facing here is that it seems like you can't decrease casting time by leveling up an ability. This is what I need to solve.

Leazy

Reaction score
K, then know any good way to replace a unit ability with another without removing cooldown?

DioD

Reaction score
you cant replace one ability with another this way, blizzard will never become stormbolt.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.