[Soul Rip] my trigger dont work

feelthless

Reaction score
hiya guys im trying to make Dota's Undying's Soul Rip ability. Here is the description Redirects the flow of living energy through a target foe, damaging them odepending on how many units are near it. 25 damage for each unit.|n|cffffcc00Level 1|r - 7 units max.|n|cffffcc00Level 2|r - 14 units.|n|cffffcc00Level 3|r - 21 units max.

Here is the trigger that i made :
JASS:
sr
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Soul Rip 
        (Level of Soul Rip  for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
    Actions
        Set UnitsGroup = (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) matching (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True))
        Set NumberUnits = (Number of units in UnitsGroup)
        If (NumberUnits Greater than 7) then do (Set NumberUnits = 7) else do (Do nothing)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random NumberUnits units from UnitsGroup) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of Caster) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Add SoulRipDummy  to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
                Unit - Add a 2.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

So...what's wrong :? pls help. 10x in advance

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Target unit of ability being cast, no such thing, with the event "A unit FINISHES...", or it might, but that would be middle of the map then... Two options, change the event or add another trigger which stores the point in a variable when he starts the effect of that ability. Then use the point variable later on, in the "finishes"-trigger.

THE_X

Reaction score
use the code tags for GUI Triggers

also what are your dummy spells based off of

Edit: yea didint see the finishes, change that to starts the effect

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.