it shows some nova parts the first time it is cast but not any times after that

Trigger:
  • Arcane Flash
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Arcane Flash
    • Actions
      • Set caster_loc = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within (200.00 + (50.00 x (Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for (Casting unit)))))) of caster_loc matching (((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set target_loc = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 caster for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at caster_loc facing target_loc
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_target_loc)
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add arcane flash (dummy debuff) (Neutral Hostile) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of arcane flash (dummy debuff) (Neutral Hostile) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Arcane Flash for (Casting unit))
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Banshee - Curse (Picked unit)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 36, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 caster for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at caster_loc facing ((Real((Integer A))) x 10.00) degrees
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add arcane flash (dummy nova) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of arcane flash (dummy nova) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Arcane Flash for (Casting unit))
          • Set target_loc = (caster_loc offset by 512.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 10.00) degrees)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm target_loc
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_target_loc)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_caster_loc)

Attachments

• Ability Test.w3x
    25.3 KB · Views: 164
Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at TempLoc facing ((Facing of (Casting unit)) + 60.00) degrees

(temploc = position of the casting unit btw)
i did basically the same spell, only using impale 6 times and copy/pasting 6 times :p anyway, i bet (i'm not an expert) if you change yours from facing ((real((integer A))) x 10.00) degrees to ((Facing of (Casting unit)) + ((real((interger A))) x 10.00) degrees, maybe it'll help.
actually, typing it out it doesn't seem like it changes much. but heck, if you've got a free moment, try it. and if it works, don't hesitate to rep :p

ok i fixed some leaks

my for loop should already create casters that face each direction
im not sure adding an extra factor into the facing angle will help.

lol yeah i really don't know... looks good to me, but obviously if it isn't working....
only thing i've got to say is you've got
Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_caster_loc)
two times at the end of your trigger :p

Set TempLoc = (Position of (Casting unit))
Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at TempLoc facing ((Facing of (Casting unit)) + 60.00) degrees
Unit - Add Jutting Barbs (hidden) to (Last created unit)
Unit - Set level of Jutting Barbs (hidden) for (Last created unit) to (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Casting unit))
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale ((Position of (Last created unit)) offset by (0.00, 0.00))

idk, its just another wording i guess. but how i order my dummies to cast is a little bit more simple, because they're already facing the caster and the spell always goes so far, i just make em cast like that ^. again, doubt it would do anything, but i have my spell working fine so i'm just pointing out all the differences

well, i uploaded my map into the first post, maybe if you could fiddle around with it for yourself and see whats wrong, i would greatly appreciate it (+rep for you if you do so)

Try giving the dummy a bit longer expiration timer, like 2 or 3 seconds. (So that it has time to cast.)
Also make sure that the dummy has mana to cast the ability, and that the ability can target -whatever it is that you want it to target-.

super bump
this is my brother's thread i couldnt figure it out either

even though the contest is over we would like to get it to work

we tried the longer expiration timer didnt help
only one dummy is casting

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.