[Spellpack Ideas] Many Heroes xD

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Ogre Cleaver

[spell1] - The ogre focuses all of his energy to his axe and deals massive damage to the targeted unit, How this spell works? He starts casting it, you lose mana every second,but the more mana you lose the more damage he deals. PS. yes you have to make a hotkey to release the gathered energy .

[spell2] - Tough skin of the ogre makes it possible for the ogre to sometimes ignore enemy attacks/not feel them ? (passive spell.) How this spell works? well i thought it'd work somewhat like Evasion ability, just not to be triggered on always, but to activate from time to time and give the ogre a 100% Dodge chance.

[spell3] - Ogre hurls his axe towards an enemy target, dealing massive damage to the targeted enemy unit,and dealing minor damage to a small radius of the targeted unit. How this spell works? Well, simple, he throws the axe,deals a lot of damage to the target unit, but all enemy hostile units in a range of 200 or maybe more,your choice,get some minor damage aswell.

[spell4Ultimate] - Ogre leaps towards a target enemy unit, stomping him,killing him instantly,and dealing massive damage to all units around him. How this spell works? The Ogre jumps, Kills the targeted unit, and deals massive damage to all units Around the Ogre after landing.

sorry im not to good with names,so i leave that up to u to name em, i hope u like the idea in general :), just my thoughts :)

hopy

Reaction score
[spell2] - Tough skin of the ogre makes it possible for the ogre to sometimes ignore enemy attacks/not feel them ? (passive spell.) How this spell works? well i thought it'd work somewhat like Evasion ability, just not to be triggered on always, but to activate from time to time and give the ogre a 100% Dodge chance.

Sorry but, what exactly is the difference between (example, since you didn't give any numbers):
- '20% chance to get 100% evasion'
- '20% evasion'?

Also I think it's better to base this of a Mountain Gaints Hardened Skin, rather then evasion. Since that just prevenets damage, rather than showing a 'miss' when attacked.

Let me know what heroes you still need and I'll give you some other ideas.

Happy

Reaction score
soooooooooo....now ill make a list of the spells ill use...and if ill change the spell a bit ill post that too...

1.Axe Rush (single target, range): Jumps back (away from the target unit), in the middle of the jump he will hurl an axe at the target unit dealing high damage.

2.Quicksand-trap (Can be used while burrowed): Creates a quicksand trap on a target location. The first (non-hero) unit that stands on the trap will sink into the ground, making it unable to move or act for a long time, but reduces all damage gained by the trapped unit by 75%.
Changed:(toggled) the Scarab burrows and creates a quicksandtrap at his position sucking in enemies and damages them. the scarab gets damaged over time because of the great effort.

3.Call from the Grave: Calls 4 (undead) Zombies to help the Undead Prince, the Zombies gain 5% increased attack speed for every corpse in range while they were summoned.

4.The Forgotten One(Target area (like Flame Strike), medium size): At the targetted point the ground bursts open throwing back all units dealing damage. At the point spawns a 'Forgotten One' (A big blob, Frozen Throne compain unit), it has high health, but cannot attack or move or anything. Every 5? 6? seconds it spawns a tentacle on a random place (within range), the Tentacle has medium range, high damage and midium/low health.

5.Heart-Freezing Poison (Ultimate, single target, melee range): Injects poison into a target unit, dealing low damage every second for 8 seconds, and everytime the unit gets damaged from the poison it has a 10% chance to be stunned. Afther the 8 second duration is over the units heart will freeze killing the unit completely (hero units will only get high damage).

6.Wounding Slash
The Axe Slayer has a 10/25/40/55% chance to cut deeper than usual when he attacks, causing the attacked unit to take 5/10/15/20 damage over time.

7.Rotary Blade
The Axe Slayer spins rapidly, causing 50/75/100 damage per second to units around him and stunning them for 1/2/3/4 seconds. He is immune during this period.
(maybe a bit changed...dont know at the moment)

8.The ogre focuses all of his energy to his axe and deals massive damage to the targeted unit, How this spell works? He starts casting it, you lose mana every second,but the more mana you lose the more damage he deals. PS. yes you have to make a hotkey to release the gathered energy .

9.Ogre leaps towards a target enemy unit, stomping him,killing him instantly,and dealing massive damage to all units around him. How this spell works? The Ogre jumps, Kills the targeted unit, and deals massive damage to all units Around the Ogre after landing.

Could be that ill use a spell i havent said here. But these ill use for sure.

so i need at least 1 spell per hero....the most heroes still need a full pack.

For the Satyr Mutant...its a satyr model with pink crystal on his body...so and i need spells working with pink crystals...i hope its understandable now^^

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
I didnt mean to be based of Evasion ability,i only said
-OverpoweR- said:
it'd work somewhat like Evasion ability
, just so i could make myself clear on what i was trying to say to him ...

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
Satyr Mutant

Shatter: Normal Ability
Shards break off of the satyr mutants crystal core dealing damage in an area of effect
(aoe stomp like ability short range high damage) damage increases per level

Degenerative Radiation: Normal Ability; aura
Slows nearby enemy attack rate and move speed; artwork a pink glow like other aura artwork
Range and % slow/atk slow increasing per level to a 500-600 range (make with endurance aura targeting enemies with a negative value)

Dissipation: Normal Ability
The satyr mutant's crystal absorbs him and dematerializes then rematerializes at a target location then again releasing the satyr, upon release the satyr activates an ability slowing him by 100% but slowing nearby enemies by 75% and dealing damage overtime, drains a drastic ammount of mana every second until deactivated, when deactivated the both the slowed enemies and the satyr gain their movespeed back
This would be made with a blink that when cast disabled, then enable an immolate type ability and while active slow enemies in range by 75% (can be done by creating a dummy model-less unit with a 1 sec duration 1 sec cooldown stomp that casts it every second) and make the immolate high mana cost but not high damage so it doesnt absolutely rape enemies
damage and mana cost should increase per level, movespeed too but thats more discretionary

Diamond Eruption: Ultimate
When cast your pink crystal grows large to shield you for (your choice) health in damage for the next 3 seconds, if the shield is not destroyed before 3 seconds is over you deal damage equal to the shields max health to enemies in a 700 range
damage and shield ammount should increase per level

this hero would be played as a caster/tank hybrid, high health armor and mana items

hopy

Reaction score
GAAAH, I just typed this whole story, made a mestake and it was all gone... I had to type this all over again...

- Crystal Satyr: An intelligence based hero, has a medium range attack.

- Some stuff:
Now you might have notice that I like to add weird stuff to heroes, rather then just a model with some abilities. I was planning on giving this hero a 'Crystal Generation System', causing some of the hero's abilities to generate 'Energie Crystals', and some other abilities will consume these abilities to cast.
These 'Energy Crystals' are basicly just purple crystal items.
Now I wasn't sure about the avarage amount of units per battle, and avarage amount of items carried per time in your map. Because of this I'll give you:
- Two options of where the crystals will be created and used (the 'Crystal Generation Methode').
- Two versions of the abilities the hero has, one version generates some more crystals then the other one.

- The Crystals:
-Option one: The crystals, when created, spawn as an item at the place they're created. The items can only be picked up by the Satyr, but >only afther he's learned the 'Crystalized Energy' ability.
-Option Two: The crystals, when created, are added directly to the hero's inventory (please keep in mind that the hero will also have other items in his invenrory, and adding more crystals might cause his inventory to be a bit too full.

Now you should choose the methode afther you've read the rest I guess, but keep this in mind:
Option one: The abilities of the Satyr (when used) will consume one of the nearby crystals lying on the ground, he doesn't have to pick them up. The 'Crystalized Energy' ability will allow him to pick up the crystals and use as potions. In this option crystals that are picked up will not be usable for abilities (only as potions) unless when dropped again.
Option two: The abilities of the Satyr (when used) consume one of the crystals in his invenrory when used, nothing special, but his inventory might get too full fast.

Personally I'd say 'Option one' is more fun, since not only will it allow the hero to carry many other items, but it also forces the Satyr hero to either stay close to the dropped crystals, or store them in his inventory and drop them in combat.

- The Abilities:
I'm going to give you two posible ability sets, almost the same... the only difference is that one generates some more crystals then the other.

Both versions have a normal ability, you get it at the start of the game, no need to learn it or anything.
Version one: Many units and targets needed, recuires quite some weak units to be effective.
--(Normal ability!) Capture Energy (Normal ability!): Passive.
Everytime the Satyr kills an enemie unit the unit has 40% chance to spawn a 'Purple Crystal'.
--Energy Release: Single Target, long range, ±15 seconds coolown.
Releases the energy from one nearby crystal (or inventory, if you chose option 2), the energie will release destroying the crystal but creating a beam of energie to the target dealing (140/200/260?) damage to the target unit. (-> Eye candy: Basicly you randomly pick a nearby energy crystal, destroy it and from that place you fire a missile to the target unit (missile could be one of those Spirit Tower missiles)).
--Energy Barrier: No-Target, Instant Cast, ±40 seconds coolown.
Releases ALL nearby 'Energy Crystals', causing them to spin around the Satyr at a (400?) range.
The barrier reduces the Satyrs magical damage gained by 10% PER RELEASED CRYSTAL.
Units that get hit by one of the spinning crystals will get low damage.
--Crystalized Energy: Passive.
Allows the Satyr to pick up 'Energy Crystal' items, the Satyr can use the Crystals in his inventory as potions to restore (50/75/100?) health and mana. Also increases the chance units killed will drop a 'Energy Crystal' by (20/40/60%) (aka improves the effect of 'Capture Energy').
--Crystalize (Ultimate ability): Single target, medium-long range, ±120 seconds coolown.
Targets a unit freezing it in purple crystals (stun) for 5 seconds, when the stun is over the crystal shatters dealing (200?) damage to the unit and creating (random) 1-2 crystals at the units point (if you chose 'Crystal Generation 2, they're just added to the inventory).

Version two: A more balanced version, easier to use and I think this version will fit your map better. It's almost the same as version 1, only the spells are changed slightly and the ulti is switched. All changes are underlined.

--(Normal ability!) Capture Energy (Normal ability!): Passive.
Everytime the Satyr attacks an enemie unit the unit has 5% chance to spawn a 'Purple Crystal'.
--Energy Release: Single Target, long range, ±15 seconds coolown.
Releases the energy from one nearby crystal (or inventory, if you chose option 2), the energie will release destroying the crystal but creating a beam of energie to the target dealing (140/200/260?) damage to the target unit. (-> Eye candy: Basicly you randomly pick a nearby energy crystal, destroy it and from that place you fire a missile to the target unit (missile could be one of those Spirit Tower missiles)).
--Crystalize: Single target, medium-long range, ±15 seconds coolown.
Targets a unit freezing it in purple crystals (stun) for (2/3/4) seconds, when the stun is over the crystal shatters dealing (90/140/190?) damage to the unit and creating (random) 0-2 crystals at the units point (if you chose 'Crystal Generation 2, they're just added to the inventory).
--Crystalized Energy: Passive.
Allows the Satyr to pick up 'Energy Crystal' items, the Satyr can use the Crystals in his inventory as potions to restore (50/75/100?) health and mana. Also increases the chance units attacked will drop a 'Energy Crystal' by (4/10/15%) (aka improves the effect of 'Capture Energy').
--Energy Barrier (Ultimate): No-Target, Instant Cast, ±90 seconds coolown.
Releases ALL nearby 'Energy Crystals', causing them to spin around the Satyr at a (400?) range.
The barrier reduces the Satyrs magical damage gained by 15% PER RELEASED CRYSTAL.
Units that get hit by one of the spinning crystals will get medium damage.

I know this is a long post for one hero, I just liked this idea and wanted to explain it in detail. :p

If you need any help or don't understand anything please let me know and I'll try to help. I know this is a bit confusing but I did my best to explain it as clearly as I could.

I'll add more later.

GFreak45

Reaction score
the only negative of the above suggestion is the waste of item spaces

hopy

Reaction score
the only negative of the above suggestion is the waste of item spaces

Yea, I thought so myself, too. But that's why I added:
"-Option one: The crystals, when created, spawn as an item at the place they're created. The items can only be picked up by the Satyr, but >only afther he's learned the 'Crystalized Energy' ability."
I'd suggest he'd use that methode, because like that most of the crystals will be on the floor and can be used from there, and the only item space that's being taken is when he plans on using one as a potion, consuming it and freeing the item space again.
I just added the other option as well just to confuse him.

Happy

Reaction score
hopy i like your idea....but ive got another idea for the crystals....i use a custom sphere ability (the bloodmage surrounding thingi) with a max crystal number and then neither crystal lay around all over the map (really annoying^^) nor the player has to fill the inventory or a slot of it with the crystals just to use spells.

the spell themself i really like....i think ill use them all...

GFreak45

Reaction score
so like an orb effect around his hand for every one of em? so its like 20 orbs when he has that many crystals?
and then he could have a normal ability that when used restores mana but costs a crystal, one thats on him from the start and doesnt level

hopy

Reaction score
hopy i like your idea....but ive got another idea for the crystals....
Couldn't you maybe have said that stuff before I spend more then an hour typing this stuff?

i use a custom sphere ability (the bloodmage surrounding thingi) with a max crystal number
I've had nearly the same thing in my own map, I suggest setting a max amount of crystals.

and then neither crystal lay around all over the map (really annoying^^)
Give the items an expiration timer, give them a crystal model and it's not too bad right? :O

nor the player has to fill the inventory or a slot of it with the crystals just to use spells.
Only if the player wishes to use a crystal as a potion. It would fill one slot, and most likely be consumed instantly (as said before).

the spell themself i really like....i think ill use them all...
I guess 'Energy Release' will be changed to a target area (Flame Strike) type spell? And 'Crystalized Energy' will have to be both Passive (increases the spawn rate of crystals), and active (use a crystal to regain health / mana) at the same time.
It's doable I guess.

I'll be doing that Pandaren tomorow I guess.

By the way, a three little questions:
1. Did you look at the Viking as well (first post)? :D
2. Do you need other heroes as well? I still have an idea lying around for a hero, it was designed for my own map, but since I wont work on that anymore...
3. Any more clues about what spells you will/wont be using other then the short list you posted before?

Happy

Reaction score
Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
hopy i like your idea....but ive got another idea for the crystals....
Couldn't you maybe have said that stuff before I spend more then an hour typing this stuff?
no because i got this idea because of your post ^^

I've had nearly the same thing in my own map, I suggest setting a max amount of crystals.
was planned ^^

I guess 'Energy Release' will be changed to a target area (Flame Strike) type spell? And 'Crystalized Energy' will have to be both Passive (increases the spawn rate of crystals), and active (use a crystal to regain health / mana) at the same time.
will be that way i think^^

now your questions :D
1. Did you look at the Viking as well (first post)? :D
yes i did and maybe ill replace one of my heroes with the viking but i dont know at the moment....but the idea of the spells are really good...

2. Do you need other heroes as well? I still have an idea lying around for a hero, it was designed for my own map, but since I wont work on that anymore...
i have about 80 heroes n my map so every spell/spellpack you can give me will help me :D:D:D

3. Any more clues about what spells you will/wont be using other then the short list you posted before?
no at the moment im working on items and spellideas you all gave me and i liked xD so no....but i will xD

GFreak45

Reaction score
hopy if that took u an hour to write thats kind of sad, dont ride him so hard a map is a big project, idk if youve completed one yet

and i was wondering if ur still giving rep for these?

Happy

Reaction score
yes i gave rep xD

and just for you so you dont make to much :

scarab has 2 normals spells (Quicksandtrap & parasites (a spell where some little bug hide in the body of the target and after some time damaging per second they pop out and fight))

panda has 2 spells too (anuiku (passive spell on attack...dealing agility damage and moves the panda behind the hit unit) & panda roll (the panda rolls forwards damaging and knocking back enemies))

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
The Dead Pirate

Dead Pirate Society (Hope you get the joke here, :p)
The Dead Pirate's fancy for poetry inspires his allies and bores his enemies! As he recites one of his favorite poems of the sea, he lulls enemies around him into a stuper, decreasing their move and attack speeds, while increasing nearby ally's attack and move speed. 50 second cooldown.

Level 1: Increases/Decreases attack and move speed of allies/enemies by 20%. Lasts 5 seconds. 700 AoE.
Level 2: Increases/Decreases attack and move speed of allies/enemies by 30%. Lasts 5 seconds. 700 AoE.
Level 3: Increases/Decreases attack and move speed of allies/enemies by 40%. Lasts 5 seconds. 700 AoE.
Level 4: Increases/Decreases attack and move speed of allies/enemies by 50%. Lasts 5 seconds. 700 AoE.

Cursed (Passive)
The Dead Pirate being dead and all, increases his ability to survive longer in battle. Passively increases his hit point regeneration and reduces incoming magic damage.

Level 1: Reduces magic damage by 15%, increases hit point regeneration by 2 per second.
Level 2: Reduces magic damage by 20%, increases hit point regeneration by 4 per second.
Level 3: Reduces magic damage by 25%, increases hit point regeneration by 6 per second.
Level 4: Reduces magic damage by 30%, increases hit point regeneration by 8 per second.

Parlay
A life for a life and an eye for an eye! The Dead Pirate sacrifices a portion of his own life to damage a target enemy. If the target is lulled under the spell of Dead Pirate Society, it will be dealt bonus damage. 25 second cooldown. 350 max range.

Level 1: Sacrifices 20% of his max life to damage an enemy for the same amount and stun them for 2 seconds. Deals 50 bonus damage if target is in a stuper.
Level 2: Sacrifices 20% of his max life to damage an enemy for the same amount and stun them for 2 seconds. Deals 75 bonus damage if target is in a stuper.
Level 3: Sacrifices 20% of his max life to damage an enemy for the same amount and stun them for 2 seconds. Deals 100 bonus damage if target is in a stuper.
Level 4: Sacrifices 20% of his max life to damage an enemy for the same amount and stun them for 2 seconds. Deals 125 bonus damage if target is in a stuper.

Cannon Bomb!
The Dead Pirate summons a cannon from his ship to fire on a location, dealing damage to all enemies in an AoE. The closer to the center of the AoE, the more damage an enemy takes.

Level 1: 100 minimum damage, 200 max damage. 500 AoE. Fires 3 shots.
Level 2: 150 minimum damage, 250 max damage. 500 AoE. Fires 3 shots.
Level 3: 200 minimum damage, 300 max damage. 500 AoE. Fires 3 shots.
Level 4: 250 minimum damage, 350 max damage. 500 AoE. Fires 3 shots.

You can decide which spell is ultimate. Hope you like it. :D

Happy

Reaction score
@ tommerbob : man thats perfect....1 aoe , 1 aoe buff (enemies and allies) , 1 selfbuff & 1 single target spell....perfect spellpack man xD i will use the whole pack and use parlay as ulti....also ill add a non-lerned spell searching gold in dead units :D

@ all : UPDATE :
finished pandaren swordmaster...need just 1 spell for the scarab (has hopy quicksandtrap, parasites & as ulti a slam with direct damage and indirect damage some seconds later)

GFreak45

Reaction score
1 spell for scarab

Plague:
Infects enemies in a cone with the bubonic plague dealing some damage and increasing the damage they take, if a unit dies while it is under the effect of this it will spread to nearby enemies

this would work well with his other abilities, if timed right the scarabs would deal great damage for it

GFreak45

Reaction score
instead of just bumping make lists of the heroes u still need abilities for and how many, this way we know what u want instead of just rolling the dice on posting helpfull posts and meaningless banter if uv already finished that hero

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.