StarCraft 2 Editor - Wish List

WilliamPa

Reaction score
Quite some of those are already supported in warcraft 3, but there is just no place to use them. Where can you use avi? Tga can be used as minimap pictures. Txt also works, you can even make map protection with it. Well that's all i know, ain't gonna test those.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Lol, noobs. You forgot about file support.

I want these file formats supported.

JPG, PNG, BMP, BLP, TGA, ICO and GIF.

MP3, MP2, WMA, OGG, WAV and MIDI.

MP4, WMV, AVI, 3GP, MPG, FLV and MOV.

TXT, DOC,

Really, that's an answered prayer if they do.

Think about it. How innovating is having JPG, a usable image format?

Using WMA or OGG as a usable sound format? That's 1/3 or 1/4 of MP3's size to quality ratio.

TXT... Yeah... TXT... You know A LOT of things to do with TXT...
I haven't read through all eleven pages, but I'm quite certain that is the single most stupid post in this thread. Of all the lacks and flaws in the editor, you come up with file formats :rolleyes:

Anyways.
This has probably been mentioned, but I want dynamic access to .slk files. All object editing should be able to be done on the fly.
I want garbage collection.
I want pointers or at least a native H2I in collaboration with garbage collection.
I want a type that indexes other types. I can't code without structs, array indexing is a pain.
I want macros.
I want a seperate editor for jass.
I want, and I can't stress this enough, editor patch support seperated from game patch support.
I want a gem that actually does something 'cept playing a unit's death animation on deletion, and displaying a worthless activate/deactivate message.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> It won't be jass anymore.
Says who? o_O

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
>Says who? o_O
Zomg, if I got 1 rep for evryone who wanted me to quote something that I have wread in the starcraft II Q&A's or on the blizzard website I wloud be "Bloodcount is catching up with AceHart" by now.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, you'd just have 2 more rep than you currently have.

So, mind answering my question? I'm curious. :)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
As a matter of fact I desided to see if it is in the Q&A's... I got bored untill I got to the 41st

BOOYA. Taken from the Starcraft II wiki
Bloodcount owns... as usuall said:
Scripting Language

* StarCraft II's editor uses a proprietary scripting language that is based largely on C with some special parameters specific to the game (note: this language is not the WCIII scripting language JASS).

Read more for the SCII Star edit here:
http://www.scraftwiki.net/StarCraft_II_Map_Editor

ANd how did I get to this conclusion? Well simple: WHAM

Note: I don't want to sound like an ass, I just wanted to use "let me google that for you" for once :rolleyes::eek:

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> "is not the WCIII scripting language JASS"
Maybe it'll be the Starcraft II scripting language JASS.

Afterall, Wc3-Jass is Jass2. Jass(1) is the SC scripting language.
Maybe we'll have Jass3 now.

We don't know yet, and you haven't answered my question. =)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well, whatever it is, I started to map for wc3 for 2 main reasons:
1) boredom and(or) interest
2) Practise for starcraft II.
So whatever it is I will learn it...

Wait... your question?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Well, whatever it is, I started to map for wc3 for 2 main reasons: (....)
Ermm.. Ok. Congratulations? :rolleyes:

> Wait... your question?
Post #266

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
>Says who?

Let me use my mind reading skills and... AHH srsly, not in your head... I didn't know that you had a thing for...

ANyway, what do you expect from me? I showed you a link to the site from where I got the information. What do you want from me? To find the creator of the site and hold him hostage untill he spills the beans from where he has the information ?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You made a statement, and can't prove it.
That's all.

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
Thing is, it doesn't say it won't be Jass anymore. It says it won't be the Wc3 Jass anymore. That doesn't stops them to create a SC Jass ;).

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
does it really matter? From what blizzard have said the object editor will be really powerfull. Most of the triggered spells we have here on TH will be made only with the object editor ( if anyone wants to question my word search ffs). Also, the GUI shloud be idiot friendly, wich means that the normal user shloud be able to create cool custom maps with an ease.(again blizzard words; Q&A) What I understood however is that all those 2d, arena, ctf and so on triggers will be made very easy.... I do not know... the GUI seems to be awfully powerfull, but imagine what the custom language will be... perhaps you will eaven be able to make modes for the actuall game with it.....

DOes anyone else think so optimistic ?

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
customizable in-game interface(including positions/size of buttons)

offtopic: what happened to Romek's avatar?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.