Starting Game Lag

keeper77

Reaction score
With my current project, I am noticing a small, 2 second spike, that occurs every time at the same time in my map. It is only at the beginning, but I am curious if there is a way to prevent this lag? And, if there isn't a way to stop it, are there any methods on "blending" it in?

*By 2 second spike, I mean the game freezes for 2 seconds every time I start up the map, but only in the beginning. Thank you for your time :D.*

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try preloading all the effects in JASS?

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
change your map trigger events with (map initialization) to time elasped (appropriate time here). This should help.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
change your map trigger events with (map initialization) to time elasped (appropriate time here). This should help.

this will have rather the opposite effect.
having triggers run at map initialization will make the loading time longer. having them run after map initialization (game time elapsed x.xx) will make the loading of the map shorter but create preloading lagg ingame.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
yes but you can spread the time out you don't have to make them all at the same time.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
With my current project, I am noticing a small, 2 second spike, that occurs every time at the same time in my map. It is only at the beginning, but I am curious if there is a way to prevent this lag? And, if there isn't a way to stop it, are there any methods on "blending" it in?

*By 2 second spike, I mean the game freezes for 2 seconds every time I start up the map, but only in the beginning. Thank you for your time :D.*

but he asked whether he could "blend it in".
this would be by making them all run at map initialization.

more over, if the lagging triggers are running at map initialization he wouldnt encounter lag after 2 seconds but the loading time would be longer.

keeper77

Reaction score
Hmm... ok thanks to your help I located the trigger causing the problem. However, the way it is I cannot alter it. Is there any easy way to lets say create a cinema which is just blank that starts at begginning?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
of course. fade filter.

however you might show us your trigger and maybe we could find a workaround to reduce the lag of yours.

keeper77

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Map initialization
    • Time- Elapsed game time is 2.00 seconds
    • Actions
      • Set Loop = 0
      • Unit Group-Pick every unit in (Units owned by Neutral Hostile) and do (Actions)
      • Loops Actions
        • Set Creep_Type[Loop] = (Unit-type of (Picked Unit))
        • Set Creep_Position[Loop] = Position of (Picked Unit))
        • Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked Unit) to Loop
        • Set Loop = (Loop + 1)
      • Destructible- Pick every destrubtible in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
      • Loop-Actions
        • Destructible - Open all walls of (picked destructible)

That is the trigger that starts at "game time in."

Murre

Reaction score
You have 2 events (this'll be done both while loading the map and during the game :eek: And the unit group leak :p
"Set NeutralHostile - Units owned by Neutral Hostile"
"Unit Group - Pick every unit in (NeutralHostile) and do (actions)"
"--rest of your actions--"
*the trigger ends with this*
"call DestroyGroup (udg_NeutralHostile)"
custom script (action) ^

NeutralHostile is a unit group variable :p

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.