Stealth ability help

BarzahdX

Reaction score
You should probably set it to divide the movespeed speed by 2 or 3, not a stock value--that can seriously hurt you.

P.S: If you DO prefer the stock value, be sure to edit the numbers for your desired speeds--don't leave them at the previous values, unless he just got really lucky and they fit perfectly. :p

As for your question, you should base the ability off of Immolation, not use the actual spell itself, or else--like you said--you won't be able to use it later.. Unless you made the actual Immolation based off of your edited Immolation, which defeats the purpose of doing so in the first place--sorry if that confused you.. Perhaps I'm the one confused...

EDIT: You can probably fuse those triggers into one through If/then/else, to save memory.. That's what I'd do.

EDIT EDIT: Now I have a question--will the stealth still break on attack? Or will that require another trigger?

Tylon

Reaction score
You should probably set it to divide the movespeed speed by 2 or 3, not a stock value--that can seriously hurt you.
What? :confused:
How do I do that?

As for your question, you should base the ability off of Immolation, not use the actual spell itself, or else--like you said--you won't be able to use it later.. Unless you made the actual Immolation based off of your edited Immolation, which defeats the purpose of doing so in the first place--sorry if that confused you.. Perhaps I'm the one confused...
I created a new ability based of Immolation, but it uses the Immolation Effect, you know the green flame that you see when it's active... and I didn't find any way to remove the "green flame effect" in the ability, so I had to remove the "green flame effect- model" from the real "Immolation Effect".
(You know, there's a Immolation in Abilities, and a Immolation Effect/Buff)

So my custom Immolation named Stealth uses the Immolation Effect which I removed the green flame model from,
and the real Immolation ability uses the same Immolation Effect which I removed the green flame model from.
So since both abilities uses the same effect that I edited, I don't see the green flame when I use the real Immolation ability... which I want.

No can do if you don't understand me now, I'm just a kid in Sweden. It's not that easy to explain things in english... :D
EDIT EDIT: Now I have a question--will the stealth still break on attack? Or will that require another trigger?
I don't know, I must try that...

BarzahdX

Reaction score
I understandood ya loud and clear. :p You changed the art field in the buff "Immolation", just give the geen flame back to that buff(or not, it won't make a difference, technically) and make a new buff based from Immolation, copy it. With the new "Stealth" buff, you can change, add or remove the animation from the ability, without changing Immolation's look.

EDIT: You'll break invisibility because it's based from perm invisi, but as far as I can tell--once you don't attack for 2 seconds, you'll automatically go invisi again, until you disable the Stealth.. If you want it to work that way, that's fine.. If not, make this trigger.

Code:
Stealth Break

Events
Unit - Is attacked.

Conditions
Boolean - (Attacking unit) has buff Stealth equal to true.

Actions.
Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to (Night elf Demon Hunter - Deactivate Immolation.)
Unit - Set (default movespeed) of (Attacking unit) to (default movespeed) of (attacking unit) x 2)

That should do it.

EDIT EDIT: Darn my memory! You had the movement speed reducer back in the first trigger. *completely freehand and kind of sloppy*

Code:
Stealth

Events
Unit - A unit is issed an order with no target.

Conditions
Unit Type - Unit type of ordered unit equal to Stealther.

Actions

If
Issued order equal to (Order(immolation))

Then
Add Perm Invisi to ordered unit.
Set default movement speed of ordered unit to default movement speed of ordered unit / 2. [color="green"]//50%[/color]

Else
Do nothing. [color="green"]//Or blank[/color]

If
Issued order equal to (Order(unimmolation))

Then
Remove Perm Invisi from ordered unit.
Set default movement speed of ordered unit to default movement speed of ordered unit x 2.

Else
Do nothing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.