Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
Well, the strongest race is?

You may want to "explain" why.
If you do though, try to up the level a bit from "I lost to X, therefore it's over-powered".

(In a week or so, we're going to repeat this with "weakest race" :p)

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
At the moment, I can't decide between Zerg and Protoss.

I say this because Protoss's Void Rays and Zerg's Mutalisks.

They are so easy to get and so very powerful.

I can't really find anything to kill them with Terran without first eliminating almost all of my army. I've tried marines and vikings and combinations of them. Turrets are a joke. 2-3 passes with a group of mutas or a few seconds of concentrated fire from voids and they're dead. The cost-effectiveness of them is near zero.

IMHO, Terran has nothing except for MMM. And even then, all I really do is get 3-4 Medivacs and just pump Marines. I don't really tech for anything else.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
@Sevion: When you are making that decision, do you take the DT's into consideration?
I am actually surprised how many people actually forgets to get detectors in the early game, I once destroyed 2 entire terran ground armies with 2 DT's and some zealots and stalkers to distract them:D

And from my experience those towers works best if you have them in clusters of 4. Btw, when facing a zerg or protoss player you can't let them get air dominance.

punwisp

Reaction score
On the power scale this is how I see each one at its peak

Zerg= Early Game

Terran= Mid Game

Protoss= Late Game

Those are there strongest points during a game.

So, I would say Protoss in the end xD

INCINERATE

Reaction score
strongest is probably zerg right now, they always did good in tournaments, yet they whined like old hell against terran mech being imba despite terrans doing so poorly in any official tournaments , so the entire terran mech got nerfed while ultras got buffed and i just dont see zerg having any week points now against terran, so thats pretty much it , zerg always raped toss, and now they gonna rape terran even more than before. (korean pro-gamer zergs i am refering too, like "sen") With that said

in order
number one race to me personally is =zerg
and protoss/terran tie for second.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
At the moment, I can't decide between Zerg and Protoss.

I say this because Protoss's Void Rays and Zerg's Mutalisks.

They are so easy to get and so very powerful.

I can't really find anything to kill them with Terran without first eliminating almost all of my army. I've tried marines and vikings and combinations of them. Turrets are a joke. 2-3 passes with a group of mutas or a few seconds of concentrated fire from voids and they're dead. The cost-effectiveness of them is near zero.

IMHO, Terran has nothing except for MMM. And even then, all I really do is get 3-4 Medivacs and just pump Marines. I don't really tech for anything else.

If you let the opponent mass a critical amount of void rays or mutalisks, you're doing something wrong. Thor's are good until the opponent gets a certain amount.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I felt Zergs are stronger than most races.

The ability to multiply and swarm everything proves their worth.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
They rush to voids and mutas and get them within like 3 minutes.

Not that I want to be a spoilsport for you sevion but that time is impossible, by 3minutes in everyone is still on their first production building (barracks/gateway/spawning pool):)
I can't say how many times I have surprised zerg players with about 20vinkings when they come with their first 10 mutas;)
And not to forget how easy they are to take out when I come with my voidrays because they don't notice the DT's on the ground:D

INCINERATE

Reaction score
zerg player going muta and loosing to vikings? sounds like a terrible zerg, cause vikings get owned bady from muta.. you need either marine or thor to beat muta.. not viking! , thats absurd.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
TvP will be quite much a win for T unless the T player plays bad.
PvZ will possibly be won by P if Z plays about the same level. I'd say matches like these heavily depend on the players. Generally P should win though.
ZvT is quite much more difficult to say.
If the T lets the Z grow too much, it will quite much be a loss.
Do PDDC destroy Hydra spines? If they do, a Banshee+Raven build will probably win any game.
Well in conclusion I'd say all races are quite much the same, with terrans being a little bit ahead. Reapers are perfect vs zealots&lings and can also severely damage economy at the very beginning of the game. Ravens can easily detect invisible units and make air units almost invulnerable to damage.
Almost every terran unit can be microed easily. Terrans require a lot of microing to really get some advantage out of that, though.
Zerg can outproduce you if you let them. Scouting a lot and harrassing them throughout the game quite much prevents that.
Protoss have a few very strong late game units and the warpgate can pretty much turn the tides in midgame. I've often seen a situation where a lone pylon or a warp prism allowed me to warp in 6-10 units instantly and wipe out a small attack force, or at least stop them until my main force was able to come in. Warping in a couple of dts has also often saved my life.
I'd say that the distribution of "strength" is determined by level-of-play only.

In the lower levels, == little-no scouting, little-no micro, little-no early harrassment, Protoss win easily, Terran would be next.
In middle levels, == concentration on either scouting, micro, or harrassment, Terran wins easily. Protoss would be second.
In the higher leagues, It is a lot more difficult than that. I'd say that Zerg are slightly stronger. Protoss and Terran are both fine, but Protoss would loose slightly to Terran.

Because I'm playing middle level (was top 10 silver before I decided to try out zerg, which brought me down to 30(?)), I voted for Terran. I've watched low level players as well as high level players play and it seems that the strength of the different species only unveil at different levels of proficiency with the game.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
zerg player going muta and loosing to vikings? sounds like a terrible zerg, cause vikings get owned bady from muta.. you need either marine or thor to beat muta.. not viking! , thats absurd.

Of course they can win over mutalisks if you have enough of them to do so;)

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
Well, with "weakest" on 6, "best" on 8 and "equal" on 7 (at time of posting),
it would seem the game is pretty much balanced already.

Yes, 30 Mutalisks are somewhat of a game changer.
But, then again, that's what I would expect from 3000 minerals and 3000 gas.
Should really have some kind of impact :D

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Zerg is a difficult race to master because the Zerg is a race of fire. It is easy to kill at the beginning yet impossible to stop once it gets going. A tiny spark is easily snuffed out, but an inferno can never be. Zerg is a race of force and momentum. It is a snowball tumbling downhill or a freight train picking up speed.A Zerg player should realize this and act accordingly.The Zerg should always be moving,Relentless and unforgiving,abusing every tiny mistake the enemy makes eventually building up enough momentum to steam roll the opponent into submission.

This is why it makes them the most powerful race in my opinion because anyone can use Zerg but it takes true skill to use them wisely.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.